Air box housing

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
Rosco59
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0s Restoration project

Air box housing

Post by Rosco59 »

Hi does anyone know the part number for the air filter that fits the round air box for a 32/36 carb. Thanks
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Re: Air box housing

Post by Jasonmarie »

Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
stevemarl
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 1.6 laser

Post by stevemarl »

If it`s a round air box,like this, it`s actually from an early 2.0 Sierra (the 2.0 Capri has a rectangular box affair, if you wanted to stick a DGAV on a 1.6, this was what you bought from Ford) 83 HF 9600 BB If it IS this part the filter is Fram CA2732 or Champion W110. Check though, because I *think* the later/earlier Sierras had a different air box, shallower (or deeper?)

If you`re certain that`s the same box, I have a filter you can have for p&p (although you may get for less on ebay, Eurocarparts?)
Rosco59
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0s Restoration project

Post by Rosco59 »

Thanks for the help mines is different to the one in the photos but managed to find one on tickover that should fit. Has anyone painted a airbox as mines is blue but needs painted sure its off a cortina.
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Post by Mc Tool »

Blue is good man , fords colour has always been blue , waaaaaay better than a black one ( they're a bastard to paint 😁), I wouldnt tell anyone you have an air cleaner cunningly fashioned out of purest blue ,some bastard will knick it 😠😉. If your worried about how it looks just put a K&N sticker on it 😀
Sometimes I talk to myself ... and we both have a good laugh