Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 2.8i
Range Rover
M140i

2.8i heads wanted

Post by Noel »

Hi,
Low compression on one cylinder and exhaust valve that keeps closing its tappet up, so need to have heads off for work, after 160,000 miles seems the valve seat recession has finally got it.
Will take opportunity to have heads unleaded converted, and as this will mean sending heads away for work I wonder if anyone has a known good old pair kicking around that I could buy and have reworked instead of having to disable my car for several weeks whilst my own ones are done.

Let me know.
Thank you, Noel.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Re: 2.8i heads wanted

Post by Jasonmarie »

Sorry to here that Noel , Nick had Tickover do his head and Paul who has a 2.8 belongs to the Kent Capri club just had his done , they just do a exchange when they are done . That’s them fitting them . I think Nick & Paul both had stage one heads & both converted to unleaded . Both are really happy with the work that was done .
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Noel
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 2.8i
Range Rover
M140i

Post by Noel »

Heh! no need to be too sorry, its had a good run and 160k ain't bad.
I did speak to Tickover, but they are no longer taking workshop jobs on, due to backlog I believe.

I understand they use Car Clinic in Lancashire to do their head work, so after talking to Car Clinic I will be doing the same. There's a few weeks turnaround on the heads so that's why I was after an extra pair so I can just send them off to be done and then present the car for the head swap instead of it having to hang around someones workshop for weeks in a disabled state.

Theres some heads on ebay but they look a bit rough, so was just a-wondering if there were other options. If it comes down to it I will just wait until after Christmas when I know the guy will have more space to store it whilst the heads go away.
Bod9084
Car(s): I have got a 1981 3000s and I have just got my self
A 1987 2.8i thay are both red
I had my first capri when I was 17" it was a 3000GTXLR
I have had a lot of fast fords vans all ways put bigger engine in
I also have had motor bikes I have a 1200 Suzuki bandit

Post by Bod9084 »

Have you got your heads sorted if you need some in box me