Seen everything now

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Re: Seen everything now

Post by Jasonmarie »

Was it 1982 , OMG I never new it was that early , I had a small black and white TV in my bedroom that you had to twist the dial to get a signal and move the Ariel around :lol: :lol:
I must have been stopped from watching anything like that . But agree with all it’s all over the top .
They were good old days and good tv .

Paul Did it put you off a chicken ? I look away when David Attenborough does his programmes now and a animal is killed :lol:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Post by Mc Tool »

SCP440 wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:41 pm A couple of years ago a friend of my Wifes was over from Canada was staying with us and we were talking about TV , she was telling us how many adverts there are on Canadian TV and even with cable it was better to record and watch later than watch live. Any way we got on the subject about the above program, I found an episode on and i think her jaw actually hit the floor when the '' contestants'' were shown. She reckoned even breaf seens of nudity get a warning on the screen in Canada and a program like that would probably not even be shown on the pay per view channels.
Yeah ,there's something wrong with you guys😁😂
Sometimes I talk to myself ... and we both have a good laugh
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

Jasonmarie wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:46 pm I had a small black and white TV in my bedroom

Paul Did it put you off a chicken ? I look away when David Attenborough does his programmes now and a animal is killed :lol:

It would take more than that to put me off my food Jason :) However, it has stayed with me all this time so I guess there is some deep rooted trauma there. As for the portable black and white TV, pretty much the norm back then for most people upstairs, but we still spent many happy hours glued to it up there didn't we, good times! Being into techno from quite young I was posh and had mine coming from the rooftop aerial. And soon graduated to a colour portable and then a larger flatscreen, which was really wow! Not like today's flatscreens, I'm sure you will realise hehe. But when TV's moved away from the goldfish bowl style at was incredible.
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

In my early teens I had a black and white portable in my bedroom and later a colour one.

I could never get away with putting it on late at night as the switch on the wall or the light under the door would alert my parents and I would get told to turn it off :swear: :lol:
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

Funny how the TV has so many memories for us , at my Nan & Grandads the tv went off for dinner , and after washing up and our little walk . I was given the job of warming up the tv :lol: :lol:
And my nan would say “ what’s on TV tonight “ my grandad would say “ a picture of the family and a pot plant “ :lol:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer: