VERY RARE CAPRI REAR PANEL & EXPENSIVE????

Capri Parts For Sale and Wanted
atomic4
Car(s): Ford Capri V8 Twin turbo.
W reg black 3ltr S

Re: VERY RARE CAPRI REAR PANEL & EXPENSIVE????

Post by atomic4 »

Seller is certainly a dreamer. Good luck tho.

:goodluck:
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:41 pm I think at £953 for NOS bumper end caps, I'd settle for repro items instead.

To be fair though, if somebody is undertaking a full concours rebuild and absolutely had to have NOS items, where else could they buy some?

The grille doesn't look bad value as I've seen some tatty ones sell for over £100.

Andrew.
Andrew,
They aren't bumper end caps, they are the side trims for rear quarter panels. I know someone that paid similar price for some of these last year.

:agree: You can only put the best on a rebuild and may have to wait a while for the right items.

The grille isn't cheap but seems resonable considering the price of other items.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

andyd wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:32 am They aren't bumper end caps, they are the side trims for rear quarter panels.
So they are. Should've gone to Specsavers..... :lol:
In that case, the chance of finding any other ones in good condition are pretty slim.

Andrew.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:35 am
andyd wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:32 am They aren't bumper end caps, they are the side trims for rear quarter panels.
So they are. Should've gone to Specsavers..... :lol:
In that case, the chance of finding any other ones in good condition are pretty slim.

Andrew.
:lol:
To be fair the description is misleading :roll:

Where do these sellers find the NOS items, as many seem to have no idea what they are selling :headscratch:

Rare parts I know, but begrudge paying it to someone that probably has no interest in cars and just after the £££££!
Lord Flasheart
Car(s): 3.0 Ghia

Post by Lord Flasheart »

This is the seller, think he works out of his home, I have bought stuff from him on occasion with no issues, reasonably priced NOS

https://www.classicpartsshack.co.uk/sto ... Parts.html

He's had these side mouldings for sale a while, not surprisingly. Where do people get such valuations from :shock:
andyd

Post by andyd »

Lord Flasheart wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:15 am This is the seller, think he works out of his home, I have bought stuff from him on occasion with no issues, reasonably priced NOS

https://www.classicpartsshack.co.uk/sto ... Parts.html

He's had these side mouldings for sale a while, not surprisingly. Where do people get such valuations from :shock:
May have bought from him myself.

Same mouldings in the link listed for £820. Still like to know where these parts come from :headscratch:
Lord Flasheart
Car(s): 3.0 Ghia

Post by Lord Flasheart »

I keep an eye out on his site for new service items, those are usually reasonably priced, no idea how he has valued these side mouldings though :shock:
andyd

Post by andyd »

Lord Flasheart wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:02 pm I keep an eye out on his site for new service items, those are usually reasonably priced, no idea how he has valued these side mouldings though :shock:
I expect he has seen or heard of the same items selling for that price before, so that's now the asking price :? The same as cars, one model sells at X then the next one is priced at X or more whether it's worth it or not.

Pricing many people out of the market, but if you need that item in that condition maybe you will have buy it :roll: