Capri Calypso

Capris For Sale and Wanted Adverts
Calovera
Car(s): Capri 1.6l calypso 1981

Capri Calypso

Post by Calovera »

Hello all,

Putting my Calypso up for sale. Thought I'd be able to get a garage and be able to look after it, but I'm afraid it's got to go on street parking. Also started a new job that needs a bit more ease of access and storage space as a daily driver. (Its got lovely Recaro red seats with fishnet heads.)

See ebay description for work carried out recently. Needs an MOT in April, only advisory was from last year which was excessive play in steering, but I replaced the steering rack late Dec 2019, which should sort it.

I also have the inspection report from a independent classic car inspector from last year.

Any questions please post here or PM me.

Thanks for looking.
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, daily runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto, now also a runaround project
1980 3.0S, crash damage resto
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Currently full up and no more space but I still want a 2.8...

Re: Capri Calypso

Post by D366Y »

Guessing this is the car as it's the only Calypso I can find (incidentally having 'Calypso' spelt wrong on your title might make it harder to find for some people if they are specifically looking for one)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Capri-C ... SwRl1eKCrj

Looks a beautiful car and good luck with the sale!

Cheers
Danny
A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:
It's me, I'm the wise man.
Calovera

Post by Calovera »

Yep I was stupid enough to not link the listing. Thanks!
Not_Anumber
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Just sold 1983 2.8 Injection 5 speed. Currently restoring another classic Previously owned 2 Capris. Likely to own another at some point

Post by Not_Anumber »

It looks very good.
One thing which would improve credibility of the Ebay listing would be to change "full red Recaro interior set, with fishnet headrests" to something such as " the car benefits from a late S style interior, plus the sought after optional fishnet headrests".

Otherwise there will always be someone who will be put off that it isnt the contemporary Recaro interior that was around in 1981 (that would have been Carla check not stripe). An explanation would avoid risk of it being regarded as a bitsa car.

Also mention if it has an uncracked dash surround and if it has an intact rear parcel shelf as buyers look for these.
Calovera

Post by Calovera »

Thanks for the advice! Given the listing a bit of a tweak.