Cabaret underside footage

Use this forum to post threads of ongoing Capri projects and restorations.
sierra3dr
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri Cabaret 1.6,Ford Cortina MK5,1992 Ford Sierra Coupe,1988 Ford Sierra Coupe.Ford Sierra XR4i

Cabaret underside footage

Post by sierra3dr »

After having the chassis jet washed,I had a check underneath to see what I'm up against
https://vimeo.com/381455126
stevemarl
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 1.6 laser

Re: Cabaret underside footage

Post by stevemarl »

Apart from the rear spring mounting points/arches, the rest doesn`t look that bad does it? I`d check what`s under the fresh underseal at the front footwell though, never a good sign. Overall I`m sure it`s fixable. Can you fabricate/weld?
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Great video this mate. Don't get to see the underside of capris in such great detail as this. Yep as Steve said its actually not that bad at all. Looks like a decent platform to work with. Thanks for sharing this video and keep us updated how it goes. Is this your own garage workshop by the way ?
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
sierra3dr
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri Cabaret 1.6,Ford Cortina MK5,1992 Ford Sierra Coupe,1988 Ford Sierra Coupe.Ford Sierra XR4i

Post by sierra3dr »

stevemarl wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:18 pm Apart from the rear spring mounting points/arches, the rest doesn`t look that bad does it? I`d check what`s under the fresh underseal at the front footwell though, never a good sign. Overall I`m sure it`s fixable. Can you fabricate/weld?
I'd say 90% of the shell is solid,considering it was someones daily. The underseal is actually fibreglass,I think,it's rock hard. I like to think I can weld,once the welder behaves,this is what I have done recently on my Cortina

Fordoholic Nick wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:22 pm Great video this mate. Don't get to see the underside of capris in such great detail as this. Yep as Steve said its actually not that bad at all. Looks like a decent platform to work with. Thanks for sharing this video and keep us updated how it goes. Is this your own garage workshop by the way ?
Thanks. It is my workshop,so I can play when off work. I'm looking for pictures as to what the inner arch should look like
stevemarl
Donator
Donator

Post by stevemarl »

Fordoholic Nick wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:22 pm I'm looking for pictures as to what the inner arch should look like
So from the back axle looking forward and backwards at the inner rear arch, front spring mount etc?
stevemarl
Donator
Donator

Post by stevemarl »

Hope this helps: if you need any other angles etc just let me know
Imagelong term workout program[/url
[url=https://postimg.cc/Z0Z5vY4Z]Image
]
sierra3dr
Donator
Donator

Post by sierra3dr »

Awesome photos Steve,thanks
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

stevemarl wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:41 am
Fordoholic Nick wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:22 pm I'm looking for pictures as to what the inner arch should look like
So from the back axle looking forward and backwards at the inner rear arch, front spring mount etc?
No I'm not Steve, but Sierra3dr is though :lol: :lol:

Great pics though fella. Nice one mate :)
stevemarl
Donator
Donator

Post by stevemarl »

Nick,
Don`t know what happened there mate, I know B112 doesn`t need any help! :lol:
sierra3dr
Donator
Donator

Post by sierra3dr »

I think there's a joke that's gone over my head :lol: I'm called Paul,and who's B112?
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

stevemarl wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:03 pm Nick,
Don`t know what happened there mate, I know B112 doesn`t need any help! :lol:
:lol: Steve thanks for the compliment kind sir but whist B112 has come a long way there is always something just around the corner to test me :lol:
sierra3dr wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:09 pm I think there's a joke that's gone over my head :lol: I'm called Paul,and who's B112?
Hi Paul. Mate B112 is the nickname I have for my Capri Reg B112 AAT so nothing too exciting there :lol:

Thats a fine looking workshop you got there and to have a 4 post lift must be very useful indeed, especially when working underneath. How lucky are you !!! Good luck with the work on your Capri mate. For a daily use classic it really is in very decent condition. You don't see many Cabaret Capris these days so looking forward to seeing more of this. :)
sierra3dr
Donator
Donator

Post by sierra3dr »

Fordoholic Nick wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:33 am
Thats a fine looking workshop you got there and to have a 4 post lift must be very useful indeed, especially when working underneath. How lucky are you !!! Good luck with the work on your Capri mate. For a daily use classic it really is in very decent condition. You don't see many Cabaret Capris these days so looking forward to seeing more of this. :)
Thanks mate. It's a 2 post lift,and it is damn useful
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

sierra3dr wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:09 amThanks mate. It's a 2 post lift,and it is damn useful
Ahh that's brilliant mate. Can imagine how useful it is!