Lucky Escape!

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Re: Lucky Escape!

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

I don't know what goes through people's minds.
I've been to a few car shows in my day, but never felt the need to drive like an idiot when leaving. Especially when there are people filming the cars leaving, and it's well known that these films will end up on internet sites. Might as well head to the nearest police station to confess your misdemeanors !

Andrew.
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Post by Mc Tool »

The real tragedy here is the damage to a awesome car . Nobody notice that ?
These sorts of incidents are often loudly encouraged by the admiring throng , who almost expect such actions as 11's doughnuts and burnouts .....but as soon as it goes wrong they do the hypocritical about face and come down on the driver , who was only performing to the expectant crowd . If the plods were to hold ALL the participants responcible they would need busses to cart them away. ☹️
Sometimes I talk to myself ... and we both have a good laugh
Major_Tom
Car(s): 2.0S

Post by Major_Tom »

Mc Tool wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:56 pm The real tragedy here is the damage to a awesome car . Nobody notice that ?
These sorts of incidents are often loudly encouraged by the admiring throng , who almost expect such actions as 11's doughnuts and burnouts .....but as soon as it goes wrong they do the hypocritical about face and come down on the driver , who was only performing to the expectant crowd . If the plods were to hold ALL the participants responcible they would need busses to cart them away. ☹️
You're bang right.
I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.
Major_Tom

Post by Major_Tom »

We are all hypocrites really. We point the finger at guys for crashing cars and putting lives at risk, but then buy our goods from China at dreadful human cost and have them delivered by Amazon that pays no UK tax.

We're idiots.
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Post by Mc Tool »

Major_Tom wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:04 am We are all hypocrites really. We point the finger at guys for crashing cars and putting lives at risk, but then buy our goods from China at dreadful human cost and have them delivered by Amazon that pays no UK tax.

We're idiots.
Its hard to rationalise some stuff . I wouldnt want to be poor in China ....but thats their choice , geeze , even the cheese eating surrender monkeys organised a revolution , Lybia got rid of gadafi , Zimbabwe rid of mugabe, and a heap of others have risen against oppression , so I sorta dont really loose any sleep when I hit the "buy now " button for something from China ( and I do so quite often )
Sometimes I talk to myself ... and we both have a good laugh
Major_Tom

Post by Major_Tom »

No slate against the individual, these are problems we have as an entire society. Entire species really. We can't control the larger issues so we concentrate on smaller things as a distraction.

We get some decent motors out of it at least so we are doing something right 👍
stevemarl
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 1.6 laser

Post by stevemarl »

To be fair, we don`t have much choice re. buying from China, this is a result of decades of poor managemernt, poor political decisions and ultimately globalisation that have left us with no indigenous industry to speak of. Even covid test kits and birthday cards are made in China: really we`re left with no choice? The Dyson ad makes me laugh: "buy direct from the people who made it " What a joke!
As far as Mugabe, Gadafi, any number of dictators, the replacement is usually just as corrupt. How many have ever ended up with anything better? `Meet the new boss, same as the old boss`
Caprigear
Donator
Donator

Post by Caprigear »

My youngest daughter was caught up in that carnage on Saturday evening, thankfully she wasn't injured but her friends were among the first on the scene trying to assist in rescuing and attending to the injured and they said that it was a real mess.
Ironically the meet was meant to be in tribute to a lad killed in a motorcycle crash the previous week.
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

stevemarl wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:13 am `Meet the new boss, same as the old boss`

Great song :)