brexit

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
stevemarl
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 1.6 laser

brexit

Post by stevemarl »

No, of course not about brexit - just to wind you up!!!! :D
No, really, Trump. He trusts Putin, then he really meant he DIDN`T trust Putin: The NHS would be part of a trade deal, then 2 hours later it`s NOT `on the table.`
Name-calling critics, denying global warming, supporting gun ownership when they experience 160 mass shooting in 1st 6 months of this year - that`s one a day!!! Without hyperbole this man is a deluded, unstable freak with the emotional maturity of a small child. Yet he`s running the world? What the f... is going on?????
I`m glad I`m old, I won`t see the end of all this.

* my opinion, not shared or condoned by the forum.
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Re: brexit

Post by pbar »

I can't decide if this bloke is a dangerous buffoon. Or if it's refreshing to have someone in the limelight who isn't afraid to speak his thoughts and come out with stuff in this snowflake totally otherwise PC world.

A lot of Americans haven't a clue what the NHS is, including him, he said that with some ignorance, but then changed his mind and accepted it when he was told what it is, that's good for him to be like that isn't it? Most politicians never admit an error.

Doesn't he just say what other people would think but are too afraid?

At times he seems to be the antidote to a lot of what we complain about, i.e. a sanitised PC world, being afraid to actually speak, over sensitivity, etc.

And he has done what no other president managed to do with North Korea.

I just don't know.
stevemarl
Donator
Donator

Post by stevemarl »

But Paul, if he was consistent I`d totally agree, somebody who has a plan & sticks to it, great! But he doesn`t, he changes his statements so randomly , he gives the impression of being completely unstable. He`ll literally say one thing then a few days later he`ll deny it. The classic was Putin when he said `he saw no reason not to trust this man` live on TV. Then when there was a backlash, `I meant to say I don`t trust him` Simple mistake. When our Dave was 6 he`d come out with better excuses than that! (eg `it wasn`t me it was my hand`) He appoints people then when they contradict him he dismisses them - and gives them a childish slagging off. On camera boasting about how power means you can grope women.
No, I would agree if he was genuine but he`s really a loose cannon, IMHO of course, he`s all over the place. Not really what you want in a world leader.

Bottom line is, he really worries me Paul, he IS the kind of guy who could believe a nulear conflict was winnable. He scares me.

(Off for Fiat`s MOT - swish me luck!)
pbar

Post by pbar »

stevemarl wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:56 am
(Off for Fiat`s MOT - wish me luck!)
Goooooood luck! :)
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

He doesn't offend me personally, I watched his interview with Piers Morgan on GMB and it sounded good what he said.
But I understand tomorrow his attitude and comments could all change.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but Sadiq Khan was childish to call him what he did, and in his position should keep his thoughts to himself. Typically he didn't like Trumps reply (what did he expect), and yes he should be more worried about the state of his own city!

Pbar, if you think I should have used any ....... in this comment please let me know where (Never too old to learn) :D

:cheers:
pbar

Post by pbar »

andyd wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:50 am
Pbar, if you think I should have used any ....... in this comment please let me know where (Never too old to learn) :D

You did well, but see me after school (when was the last time you saw that!)
andyd

Post by andyd »

pbar wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:53 am
andyd wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:50 am

You did well, but see me after school (when was the last time you saw that!)
:oops: Along time ago, and not my favorite words :roll:

Could try harder and easily distracted was on most of my school reports (Remember those) Nothing much has changed :lol:
pbar

Post by pbar »

andyd wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:04 am school reports (Remember those) :lol:
Yes, terrifying times! I kept some, which I still have.
andyd

Post by andyd »

pbar

Post by pbar »

Now he'd get my vote.
stevemarl
Donator
Donator

Post by stevemarl »

Seriously I would`ve voted for Lemmy, he was a 100% genuine guy - still saddened by his loss.
stevemarl
Donator
Donator

Post by stevemarl »

pbar wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:18 am
stevemarl wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:56 am
(Off for Fiat`s MOT - wish me luck!)
Goooooood luck! :)
Well it passed, another year! Found this nice pic of him with his little friend from next door:
Attachments
DSCF4400.JPG
andyd

Post by andyd »

stevemarl wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:11 pm Well it passed, another year! Found this nice pic of him with his little friend from next door:
:applaud: Like the friend :helpinghand:

Need a pic of your Capri now :D
stevemarl
Donator
Donator

Post by stevemarl »

You mean you don`t like the minimalist, understated styling of the Uno???? tsk!
Attachments
capri 240609.JPG
andyd

Post by andyd »

stevemarl wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:03 pm You mean you don`t like the minimalist, understated styling of the Uno???? tsk!
Well you don't see many around now.

Nice Capri, sure I haven't see a pic before :)
pbar

Post by pbar »

I had a nice chat with Bert (owner of the Impala) at the weekend. I was in awe of a Black Corvette from his club, he was telling me the guy had spent something like £50,000 on it so far!
stevemarl
Donator
Donator

Post by stevemarl »

Paul,
I`m sure I know the `vette you mean, it was at Northwich last year. Get down to Barton, 1st sunday of the month, Corvettes, Mustangs, trans-Ams, Cadillacs, masses of really incredible vehicles. They have a really nice clubhouse - we`ll even buy you a coffee!
from `50s to present day:
Attachments
DSCF1912.JPG
DSCF1906.JPG
Last edited by stevemarl on Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stevemarl
Donator
Donator

Post by stevemarl »

andyd wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:43 pm
Well you don't see many around now.

Nice Capri, sure I haven't see a pic before :)
There was a pic I`m sure but years ago. Thanks for your comment!

IIRC of all the Mk1s like mine there are now 47 left on the road. As I overheard the tester to his mate today, amazed: "250 thousand miles, it`s passed the brake test - it`s even passed the f***ing emissions!" It just refuses to die!
stevemarl
Donator
Donator

Post by stevemarl »

This?
Attachments
DSCF5718.JPG
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi Steve,
As said, your Capri looks to be a beauty, very nice indeed. Is it the original factory paint as I don't recall you ever mentioning having any bodywork done?
I think we need to see more Uno pics too!
As you say, the pre-facelift Uno is incredibly rare in the UK now. I saw a rather nice 45, also on an F plate, at a car show in Cardiff a few weeks ago:

I like the way, in typical Laser Page fashion, this thread has deviated somewhat from the original post. Given the original subject matter, cars are much more worthy of our attention anyway......
(Some extra dots for Paul) ........................................................................................................................................................... :D :lol: :D

Andrew.