Moving drivers seat backwards

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Re: Moving drivers seat backwards

Post by andyd »

pbar wrote:An easy to cook pie in a tin. What more could you want out of life.

Me and the Mrs have half each, but I could easily eat a whole one :D

IIRC they used to do individual ones too....
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

Not had a meat pie for almost 32 years now , don’t laugh I never new they did them in tins .
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
essexstu
Car(s): Capri 2.8 injection 1982

Post by essexstu »

Jasonmarie wrote:Not had a meat pie for almost 32 years now , don’t laugh I never new they did them in tins .
no pies for 32 years. Thats tragic. There must be a pie help group near you. Or we could crowd fund?
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

Are I have had a pie but not a meat pie ? :lol: ?
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Post by Mc Tool »

Im 5.10 and the seat don't fit me either . I think the real issue is the a lot of pommy cars of that era suffered from a complete lack of ergonomic development, sorta like Frankenstein's monster ..... all the bits are there ,but they don't really match and are not in the right place . Pedal placement sucks too and when its rains opening the door dumps a load of water on my knee , wipers and heater are crap . I didn't actually realise how bad things were till I bought Toyota ........ Crapi hasn't moved out of the shed for a least 6 months , all spider webs and dust everywhere . I got a cheap set of Recaro's for it .... just need the mounting brackets for them :whistle: :roll:
I will regain interest when I get the bits together to do er up , got a Rv8 and 4 speed /over drive auto box , new willwood 4 pots and 285mm disc's , all new suspenders , 15 x 7 superlites , just toying with the idea of either a triangulated 4 link or IRS............... how do I post pix now that photobucket sucked the kumera ?
Sometimes I talk to myself ... and we both have a good laugh
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Post by Mc Tool »

pbar wrote:
essexstu wrote:Maybe it's because a lot of us were teenagers in the 1980s and grew up eating McDonald's, fundus crispy pancakes and fray bentos pies :lol:
All sounds very nutritious :) Though I always liked a good Fray Bentos!
I had to google Union Jacks here in NZ ( "Pomms Away" were out of stock ) .........and I have a steak pie and chicken and mushroom pie being couriered to me now .................spose I'll have to share them with the Mrs :|
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

Post by Peter-S »

Mc Tool wrote:Im 5.10 and the seat don't fit me either . I think the real issue is the a lot of pommy cars of that era suffered from a complete lack of ergonomic development, sorta like Frankenstein's monster ..... all the bits are there ,but they don't really match and are not in the right place . Pedal placement sucks too and when its rains opening the door dumps a load of water on my knee , wipers and heater are crap . I didn't actually realise how bad things were till I bought Toyota ........ Crapi hasn't moved out of the shed for a least 6 months , all spider webs and dust everywhere . I got a cheap set of Recaro's for it .... just need the mounting brackets for them :whistle: :roll:
I will regain interest when I get the bits together to do er up , got a Rv8 and 4 speed /over drive auto box , new willwood 4 pots and 285mm disc's , all new suspenders , 15 x 7 superlites , just toying with the idea of either a triangulated 4 link or IRS............... how do I post pix now that photobucket sucked the kumera ?
Guess it's all relative. We bought a new Mazda last year, nice leather seats and all that. There's a seam on the base that really annoys the wife. If you want to move the seat forward or fold the back quickly you can't as its all electric motors. Gimicky stuff that has no advantage over simple old fashioned but there we are.

Photos - have a look here:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=33174
ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

Mc Tool wrote:how do I post pix now that photobucket sucked the kumera ?
Most simple method which many seem to use now -

This assumes you have a pic on your computer (for example on your desktop) already -

1. Go to https://postimages.org/ (you do not have to be a member or login)
2. Click Choose Images
3. Browse to the pic you wish to use and double click it (or click once and click Open)
4. Copy the Direct Link in the list (i.e. click the symbol on the right or highlight it and press Control-c)
5. Open up a new message window on here (as if to type your reply/new message, or whatever, as you normally would)
6. Type your message and when done click the Img button and then press Control-v (this will paste the link you previously copied in step 4)
7. Press Preview to see how it will look or Submit, and you're done.
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator

Post by Mc Tool »

Thanks pbar
Apples24
Car(s): 3.0 ghia

Post by Apples24 »

Did you work out a way to go back another inch or two?
Not_Anumber
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Just sold 1983 2.8 Injection 5 speed. Currently restoring another classic Previously owned 2 Capris. Likely to own another at some point

Post by Not_Anumber »

Im thinking the Recaro seats just dont go quite as far back as other Capri seats. I remember when i moved from a 1.6GL to a 2.8i Special many years ago jobs such as removing the lower dash panel to access the relays seemed a bit trickier as the seat wouldnt shift as far out of the way. Mind you that could have just been down to the different shape of the seat base or just me having got fatter.