Deal Classic Car Show 2019

Post details here of any car related shows, meetings, gatherings etc that you want to share with other users.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Deal Classic Car Show 2019

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Hi chaps,

DATE : SAT 25TH MAY 2019

This really has turned into a 'not to be missed' show for me now. Its a splendid day out on the seafront at Deal and they are aiming to get 1000 classics this time. It really is such a lovely show with a wonderful atmostphere and the perfect blend of cars and music.

Last May it was really great to be parked up beside Steve (stish) and spend time with Peter and his Laser too. Would be great if a few more forum members want to pop along too as I can look into getting us all parked up together as a club and maybe even with the famous Laser Page banner too. Peter mentioned that he could prob get hold of it. It seems easy enough to apply as a club so at some stage after the new year I will be looking into asking anyone who is interested to let me know. It £7 per car. Not sure yet if there are min numbers to be able to call it a 'Club' but I will ask the organisers in the new year.

All the best

Nick
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

Re: Deal Classic Car Show 2019

Post by Peter-S »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:. the famous Laser Page banner too. Peter mentioned that he could prob get hold of it.
Nick
It's in my shed Nick :)
ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Peter-S wrote:
Fordoholic Nick wrote:the famous Laser Page banner
It's in my shed Nick :)
Brilliant Peter :D That great mate !

If we can get a club stand at Deal would be fantastic and to have the banner would be even better !! I will check out what needs to be done then we can take it from there. Already looking forward to this show Peter !!! Even the extra early start to beat the usual morning rain... :o :wave: :lol:
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

I will say yes as long as these dame legs are working as it’s taking a little longer then normal :beer:
Sounds like the Capri will do some miles in May with the CCI on the 12th , yes let us know when you need the money Nick ..
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Stish704
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 2.8 injection special. Weekends only!
Sierra Sapphire- rolling restoration.
Vauxhall Movano- the company vehicle.
Vauxhall Mokka. The wife’s!

Post by Stish704 »

I’ll be going as usual, love this show! Great atmosphere, location and company (Nick) ;)
We had a good spot last year and will hopefully get in a similar position this time.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

Can we meet up on the A2 then have a run down together also nick if you book us all as a club let me know when you want the money mate . Looking forward to nextyear .
Stish704
Donator
Donator

Post by Stish704 »

I’ll be at our caravan in Whitstable so I go from there. Can meet on the way if you like?
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

Ok steve yes I think we won’t have time to have breakfast in that cafe I go in at whistable ?
Stish704
Donator
Donator

Post by Stish704 »

That cafe is shut now I believe. Opposite long reach?
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

Noooooo what shut for winter or good ? It’s always busy when we go . Well worth a visit .....
Stish704
Donator
Donator

Post by Stish704 »

Shut for good I think. Been closed pretty much all year.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

Must be another one then Steve as we went in October it’s the Tankerton End called sea view .
Well worth a visit mate as it’s good old English food
Here’s a picture

Stish704
Donator
Donator

Post by Stish704 »

Oh yeah, that’s still there!
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

Stish704 wrote:Oh yeah, that’s still there!
Praise the Lord ......... :cool:

Well worth a visit steve
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Jasonmarie wrote: Sounds like the Capri will do some miles in May with the CCI on the 12th
Just found out CCI clashes with a local show, so I won't be able to make it :( CCI is usually a week earlier.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

That’s a shame Andy always the big one in September I have a panic on as I have got to go under the knife again for more bolts and nuts so hoping to try and fit that in after September :beer:
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Hi Chaps,

I just thought that I would post a bit of an update here as I know a few of us were thinking about the possibility of parking up together this year ?

I have just been onto the organiser and he has told me the best thing to do to ensure we are all together is if one of us fills out a booking form attaching the names/cars of all the others. This person pays for all the cars and the pitch numbers get sent out/emailed. This way we will deffo be together. The other option is if we all just individually book our cars and hope we get the same pitch numbers but this is not guaranteed. I know that me and Steve were lucky to get the same pitch area last year and as I arrived just after him I was able to park up next to him so we could just do this and chance it ???

Chaps I am very happy to be the one to book/pay for us so we can park up together but obviously need to know if anyone else is interested in doing this. I am guessing that Steve, Peter and Jason are still keen on attending this show ? I asked John as I know his annual bike road trip is around the same time and yep he is away on his bike trip in Europe so cant make this one. Anyone else ?

Chaps if you can let me know in the next few days if any of you want to do this show 'together' I can send the booking in next week. If you prefer to just book yourselves than that's no problem at all but we might be parked up at opposite ends of the showground as Peter was last year as he paid on entrance. Peter it was quite a walk down to your Laser ( but worth it !) so hopefully if we stick together we can have a great forum meet up especially been the 50th year celebrations !!

I will chance it and begin a list of those I think are coming just so we have some sort of idea. Hope you guys below don't mind me adding you. Please let me know if you cannot attend or just want to book individually. As said I will be sending off the booking form next Mon/Tues :)

1. Nick
2. Peter
3. Steve
4. Jason

All the best

Nick
Last edited by Fordoholic Nick on Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

Let me know how much I owe you nick :beer:
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Just an update for Peter and Jason who are also attending this show this year. Steve I know you are too mate with your club. I got the pitch passes today chaps via email from the organisers and the great news is we are in Area 'A' which is a brilliant spot to be !! Well pleased ! Peter you will know what I mean as you have been to Deal Show yourself. It really is a great spot to be as its near the main bandstand !

Jason as we said fella I can call round to yours en route then we can pick up the old fella....your Dad I mean.... not Peter :lol:

Peter we can sort nearer the time where to meet you mate. Be nice to convoy into Deal together if possible but if its easier to meet you down the seafront thats grand. We will be coming down the M2 (A2) then will be turning left at the roundabout for A258 straight into Deal.

I like to drive into the show about 0845 which is a nice chilled time to park up on the grass and get a decent spot and bit of breakfast !!

Steve as said I know you are attending with your 80's Club this year. Have you got your pitch pass yet ? Where are you mate ? Be great if you are in same section as us but whatever we can all meet up anyway.

If anyone else pops along on the day please find us and come say hello.Its a cracking day out for all....just praying for good weather. Deal has a reputation for rain first thing........hopefully i wont have to leave at 4am to try to outrun it again...and bleedin lose !!! :wave: :lol: :lol: :lol:

All the best

Nick
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

That’s great Nick yes meet at mine early and pick the old boy up on route as he is just of the A2 like me looking forward to this trip . Sounds like we are in a good spot and thanks again for getting the tickets we can beat dad up again and get him to pay for breakfast :beer:
Also I wonder what Capri peter is bringing ,also is Steve’s club signing this year at the deal show as I here they do a Buck’s Fizz routine ? :cool: