Capri Parts Sources ( links )

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Re: Capri Parts Sources ( links )

Post by Jasonmarie »

Just noticed that Martin ( Capri Gear ) has some clear indicators lenses on e bay https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 2578336909

It’s xmas soon and I think they really give the Capri a lift .

I am looking for the side square ones that go on the wing if anybody sees them in a clear lens ?
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

andyd

Post by andyd »

Capri parts and interiors as seen on 'Salvage Hunters' Capri episode January 2019.

Danny Bush 07949 027601

On face book as “repair refurb your ride”
andyd

Post by andyd »

Been thinking of replacing my battery for a while for something a little bigger, and after a few suggestions and a recommendation from Jason I ordered one of these today £65.37 inc delivery tomorrow :) https://www.tayna.co.uk/car-batteries/n ... EtMRQ3DwoU

Very helpful company if you are looking for a battery!
Mk3 Mags
Car(s): 2.0 Laser (semi-retired)

Post by Mk3 Mags »

Andy

If my experience with this company is anything to go by I don’t think you will regret your decision.

In 2013 I was looking for a new battery. I particularly wanted one with square terminals, both for originality and because I think it’s a much tidier solution than using adaptors and Tayna were recommended to me. My batteries have to work hard as the car is run all year round but only once a week or so and often for fairly short journeys, so there are many cold starts and little recharging. Hence I went for the most powerful battery that would suit – the very same one you have chosen, a Numax 097. The battery was fitted in April 2013 and since then has given faultless service. For all I know given a top-up it would probably last a while longer. But I don’t think it owes me anything so went for a new one and bought the same again.

There are subtle differences between this and the last one. For instance, the new battery is sealed whereas the first one was not. Also the case is ever so slightly smaller. But if the quality is the same I shall be well pleased.

I cannot recommend Tayna too highly. It’s very easy to order from their website, they offer next working day delivery with a choice of times. They even suggest garages close to your address that will install the battery for you if you want. And their communication is excellent, letting you know once the battery has been despatched and giving tracking details. Things went a bit awry with my delivery, not through Tayna’s fault I might add (it was the busy period in the lead-up to Christmas when couriers are finding life hectic!). I paid extra for delivery by 12 noon but the battery didn’t arrive until nearly 3pm. I emailed Tayna to complain, they replied in four minutes flat and sent an immediate refund.

I know I’ve gone on a bit and hope I haven’t bored you all but I think Tayna’s level of service deserves some recognition.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Mk3 Mags wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:10 pm Andy

If my experience with this company is anything to go by I don’t think you will regret your decision.

In 2013 I was looking for a new battery. I particularly wanted one with square terminals, both for originality and because I think it’s a much tidier solution than using adaptors and Tayna were recommended to me. My batteries have to work hard as the car is run all year round but only once a week or so and often for fairly short journeys, so there are many cold starts and little recharging. Hence I went for the most powerful battery that would suit – the very same one you have chosen, a Numax 097. The battery was fitted in April 2013 and since then has given faultless service. For all I know given a top-up it would probably last a while longer. But I don’t think it owes me anything so went for a new one and bought the same again.

There are subtle differences between this and the last one. For instance, the new battery is sealed whereas the first one was not. Also the case is ever so slightly smaller. But if the quality is the same I shall be well pleased.

I cannot recommend Tayna too highly. It’s very easy to order from their website, they offer next working day delivery with a choice of times. They even suggest garages close to your address that will install the battery for you if you want. And their communication is excellent, letting you know once the battery has been despatched and giving tracking details. Things went a bit awry with my delivery, not through Tayna’s fault I might add (it was the busy period in the lead-up to Christmas when couriers are finding life hectic!). I paid extra for delivery by 12 noon but the battery didn’t arrive until nearly 3pm. I emailed Tayna to complain, they replied in four minutes flat and sent an immediate refund.

I know I’ve gone on a bit and hope I haven’t bored you all but I think Tayna’s level of service deserves some recognition.
Hi Margaret,
Thanks for your insight :)

I rang Tayna as there were a few batteries on their Ebay page, and I wanted to know which one they would recommend. Went for this one due to the better CCA (Cold Cranking Amps).
They sent me an email with a payment link and cheaper than there Ebay price :D Received comfirmation and a tracking number so await it tomorrow :D

Andy
Mk3 Mags

Post by Mk3 Mags »

andyd wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:23 pm
Hi Margaret,

I rang Tayna as there were a few batteries on their Ebay page, and I wanted to know which one they would recommend. Went for this one due to the better CCA (Cold Cranking Amps).
They sent me an email with a payment link and cheaper than there Ebay price :D Received comfirmation and a tracking number so await it tomorrow :D

Andy
You're very welcome Andy. I like helping people.

You’re right on my wavelength. It was the CCA figure that swayed me (slightly lower, I think, on the new battery than the old one but not so much as to make a difference). I figured the longer the battery would keep cranking the more chance I had of starting. I did worry there might be a mismatch between the huge battery and my puny little alternator but I had someone check the latter and was told it’s fine – which isn’t bad as it’s the original, now 34 years old.

I’ll be thinking of you tomorrow. Hope all goes well. And don’t forget to remove the transit plugs!

Let us know how you get on.

Margaret
andyd

Post by andyd »

Mk3 Mags wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:52 pm
andyd wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:23 pm
Hi Margaret,

Andy
You're very welcome Andy. I like helping people.

You’re right on my wavelength. It was the CCA figure that swayed me (slightly lower, I think, on the new battery than the old one but not so much as to make a difference). I figured the longer the battery would keep cranking the more chance I had of starting. I did worry there might be a mismatch between the huge battery and my puny little alternator but I had someone check the latter and was told it’s fine – which isn’t bad as it’s the original, now 34 years old.

I’ll be thinking of you tomorrow. Hope all goes well. And don’t forget to remove the transit plugs!

Let us know how you get on.

Margaret
:wave:
Depending on the weather and what time it arrives tomorrow, but it will be on sometime this week :)
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

Always nice getting a new battery as it’s peace of mind . Funny tonight Andy I stared our bus what is 5 years old and she sounded a little sluggish to start and I thought that’s because we was talking . So will see when it’s colder and see if she starts in the morning :lol:
andyd

Post by andyd »

Jasonmarie wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:59 pm Always nice getting a new battery as it’s peace of mind . Funny tonight Andy I stared our bus what is 5 years old and she sounded a little sluggish to start and I thought that’s because we was talking . So will see when it’s colder and see if she starts in the morning :lol:
This time of year is always a test for your battery.

New battery arrived late morning and now fitted, fired up first time in 5 months :)
Mk3 Mags

Post by Mk3 Mags »

andyd wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:50 pm New battery arrived late morning and now fitted, fired up first time in 5 months :)
:cool:
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

andyd wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:50 pm
Jasonmarie wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:59 pm Always nice getting a new battery as it’s peace of mind . Funny tonight Andy I stared our bus what is 5 years old and she sounded a little sluggish to start and I thought that’s because we was talking . So will see when it’s colder and see if she starts in the morning :lol:
This time of year is always a test for your battery.

New battery arrived late morning and now fitted, fired up first time in 5 months :)

That’s great she’s ready for her new house :cool:
Attachments
4BBF7115-2494-4BFE-B8BA-A4A171B51CEA.jpeg
andyd

Post by andyd »

Jasonmarie wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:51 pm

That’s great she’s ready for her new house :cool:
:lol:
Now that would be good :cheers:
Noel
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 2.8i
Range Rover
M140i

Post by Noel »

Parts source tip for 2.8i fan thermo viscous coupling.

Ordered the replacement from the club, price £46 plus VAT plus courier (oof).
What I got delivered is a Land Rover 200TDi viscous coupling by Britpart, Land Rover part number ETC7238.

Not got a problem with the source of the part, but you can save yourself a few quid and and just search for ETC7238 on ebay or wherever when you need a 2.8i fan coupling. Readily available from Land Rover parts suppliers from about £25 for a Britpart one.
stevemarl
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 1.6 laser

Post by stevemarl »

Interestingly, considering the previous post, if anyone`s missing the wiper arm nut covers, you have a choice: Ford item 1029763 for £12 OR a genuine Land Rover part, LR058466, for £3. Fits perfectly, slightly more rounded rather than parallel sided , but I think looks fine - for 1/4 the price. Yer pays yer money...