Ford Capri Cosworth

Use this forum to post you cars pictures, history and modifications.
Cossie_85
Car(s): Ford Capri YBP Cosworth

Ford Capri Cosworth

Post by Cossie_85 »

Hi Everyone!

Our Capri started off life as a 2.8i Special in 1986, shortly after leaving the dealership she was returned for what was then a dealer option to upgrade to a Turbo Technics conversion, this put some strain on the 2.8i unit which was re-built in 1993. My Dad bought the car in 1996, thereafter the turbo blew...then both gaskets..which lead to the momentous decision to leap to Cosworth power.

On a trip to France 1996:

20 or so years later:

Questions and opinions are very much welcome!
Arya2.0S
Car(s): ford capri 2.0 s

Re: Ford Capri Cosworth

Post by Arya2.0S »

That looks sick as hell dude! Love the rims, not my style and wouldn't have them on mine as its just a wheezy 2.0 pinto in comparison to yours but they suit yours perfectly. You got any pics of the engine bay? What running gear and brakes you got on that beast?
Cossie_85

Post by Cossie_85 »

Arya2.0S wrote:That looks sick as hell dude! Love the rims, not my style and wouldn't have them on mine as its just a wheezy 2.0 pinto in comparison to yours but they suit yours perfectly. You got any pics of the engine bay? What running gear and brakes you got on that beast?
Hey! Thanks for your kind words mate. I'll upload some pictures of the engine bay later today. She's on a T5 gearbox, Quaife diff, lenso 17"s, and currently on CapriSport front discs, she's a rolling restoration :-)
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, daily runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto, now also a runaround project
1980 3.0S, crash damage resto
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Currently full up and no more space but I still want a 2.8...

Post by D366Y »

Cossie_85 wrote:
Arya2.0S wrote:That looks sick as hell dude! Love the rims, not my style and wouldn't have them on mine as its just a wheezy 2.0 pinto in comparison to yours but they suit yours perfectly. You got any pics of the engine bay? What running gear and brakes you got on that beast?
Hey! Thanks for your kind words mate. I'll upload some pictures of the engine bay later today. She's on a T5 gearbox, Quaife diff, lenso 17"s, and currently on CapriSport front discs, she's a rolling restoration :-)
Is there anything left to restore?? Looks the nuts :lmao:

Danny
A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:
It's me, I'm the wise man.
Cossie_85

Post by Cossie_85 »

D366Y wrote:
Cossie_85 wrote:
Is there anything left to restore?? Looks the nuts :lmao:

Danny
Cheers Danny! Unfortunately at 31 years old rust is becoming a problem, seals starting to go, electrics need re-wiring, there's an issue with the manual boost I've yet to diagnose etc etc etc. It's a labour of love with our Capri's hey!
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, daily runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto, now also a runaround project
1980 3.0S, crash damage resto
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Currently full up and no more space but I still want a 2.8...

Post by D366Y »

Cossie_85 wrote: Cheers Danny! Unfortunately at 31 years old rust is becoming a problem, seals starting to go, electrics need re-wiring, there's an issue with the manual boost I've yet to diagnose etc etc etc. It's a labour of love with our Capri's hey!
Don't we all know too well.... It's never ending with a Capri! Will be good to see the progress as it comes along, make sure to stick up lots of pictures! :)

Danny
A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:
It's me, I'm the wise man.