Who Remembers?

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Re: Who Remembers?

Post by andyd »

pbar wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:24 pm

Ahh that smell, would love to have it just one more time.
We still get the smell when it hasn't been used over summer, it takes me right back :D

The one we have now has 2 settings and a thermostat, so set low shouldn't cost too much to run.
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

I never thought I'd see the day but That's TV, Channel 7 (regional) and Channel 91 (National) are re-showing the Benny Hill Show. Incredibly funny, far more so than I remember it to be. Some of the sketches (which he wrote) are very clever, never realised he was such a genius.

andyd

Post by andyd »

pbar wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:39 pm I never thought I'd see the day but That's TV, Channel 7 (regional) and Channel 91 (National) are re-showing the Benny Hill Show. Incredibly funny, far more so than I remember it to be. Some of the sketches (which he wrote) are very clever, never realised he was such a genius.
Good to hear they are airing again, but I would have thought he would be classed as non PC, sexist etc now :?

He wasn't the only clever one back then :) Simple and fun unlike todays so called comedy.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

Good old benny hill , I had Ernie the fastest milkman in the west 45 when I was young as one of my first singles :lol:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
pbar

Post by pbar »

It has already been on GMB that complaints have been raised over re-showing it. I saw this post on Twitter, which sums it up very nicely I think -

Mark Lockwood
@MarkLock101
26 Nov
I can’t get past the argument that every TV has an off button, if you don’t want to watch something, switch it off/over, just don’t try & dictate what other people should watch
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

pbar wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:54 pm It has already been on GMB that complaints have been raised over re-showing it. I saw this post on Twitter, which sums it up very nicely I think -

Mark Lockwood
@MarkLock101
26 Nov
I can’t get past the argument that every TV has an off button, if you don’t want to watch something, switch it off/over, just don’t try & dictate what other people should watch
Everything is madness now I agree if it’s not your thing then don’t watch it , I don’t get football but just turn the tv over when’s it’s on.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Jasonmarie wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:15 pm
pbar wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:54 pm It has already been on GMB that complaints have been raised over re-showing it. I saw this post on Twitter, which sums it up very nicely I think -

Mark Lockwood
@MarkLock101
26 Nov
Everything is madness now I agree if it’s not your thing then don’t watch it , I don’t get football but just turn the tv over when’s it’s on.
:agree:
If you don't like it switch it off!
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Post by Mc Tool »

andyd wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:37 pm
Jasonmarie wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:15 pm

Mark Lockwood
@MarkLock101
26 Nov
:agree:
If you don't like it switch it off!
But how could you not like it . I think that the only people that would complain are the sort of people that go looking for things to complain about because they are moaning cnuts. I mean its already happened , like 40 years ago, we loved it then and it hasnt changed . Probly the only thing I could say is a bit rude are some of the close up tight knickers shots but we get that of TV adds now too ( and I aint complaining ) , tight pants , thigh gap shot and tits everywhere .... on a feckin carpet add . Its all about expectations , I mean its fine to wear speedo's at the pool or beach , no one gives a fuck , but wear thenm in the supermarket ( I didnt :D ) and you get a ride in the police car .
Benny Hill and Ronnie Barker would have to be my fave comedians........I bet the queen watches them :xd:
Sometimes I talk to myself ... and we both have a good laugh
andyd

Post by andyd »

Just watching series 2 of Auf Weidersehen Pet
610@2x.jpg
This registration was first registered during the period August 1969 to July 1970.First registered in Nottingham. The vehicle details for STV 709H are: Date of Liability - 01 06 1987 Date of First Registration - 01 10 1969 Year of Manufacture - Not Available Cylinder Capacity (cc) - 1599CC Vehicle Colour - BLUE Where is it now? - Unknown, but because of the liability date, it may not have lasted longer than 1987.
pbar

Post by pbar »

Nice spot Andy. But it is a pity that the car isn't still Livin' Alright.
andyd

Post by andyd »

pbar wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:17 pm Nice spot Andy. But it is a pity that the car isn't still Livin' Alright.
:lol: :applaud:

I heard it had bad rust and started Breakin' Away :)
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

Post by Peter-S »

pbar wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:39 pm I never thought I'd see the day but That's TV, Channel 7 (regional) and Channel 91 (National) are re-showing the Benny Hill Show. Incredibly funny, far more so than I remember it to be. Some of the sketches (which he wrote) are very clever, never realised he was such a genius.

I know one of the girls that used to be in some of his shows, dancing and the like. It would very easy for her to now say it was sexist or she was taken advantage of but she holds Benny in very high regard.
ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr
pbar

Post by pbar »

andyd wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:21 am
pbar wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:17 pm Nice spot Andy. But it is a pity that the car isn't still Livin' Alright.
:lol: :applaud:

I heard it had bad rust and started Breakin' Away :)

Hehe, good un! Pretty sure I still have the single from back in the day.
pbar

Post by pbar »

Peter-S wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:27 am I know one of the girls that used to be in some of his shows, dancing and the like.

Brilliant, do you know her name Peter? I've seen a few interviews with various Hill's Angels, and all of them have nothing but good things to say about Benny and the show.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Picking up an audio cassette and realising the song you want to listen to is way back at the start so the famous "rewind and wait" process began.... :lol:

Have a listen to the radio while waiting for the cassette to reach its final destination. There is an advert for a product that Jason might be tempted to go for... Have you spotted (heard) it... :wave: :lol:

And Who Remembers the silence that seemed to go on forever waiting for the first track to start playing...

Also Who Removers this BRILLIANT band too 😊

https://youtu.be/3Tnt4k59130
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
pbar

Post by pbar »

It's strange that ornament styles come and go, here's a few which I bet most on here will recognise as having had them, or knew a relation who did before this modern boring minimalistic trend took over, or maybe still do have them!

andyd

Post by andyd »

pbar wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:48 pm It's strange that ornament styles come and go, here's a few which I bet most on here will recognise as having had them, or knew a relation who did before this modern boring minimalistic trend took over, or maybe still do have them!

Nice one Paul!

We had the fish at home, and I remember seeing the other 2 somewhere as well :headscratch:
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

How did you remember these, yes them fish use to be everywhere :lol: nice find Paul
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

Can’t seem to get the you tube link to work , but found this old car adverts ……

https://youtu.be/iM1aBlaxhT8
pbar

Post by pbar »

Great stuff Jason, love those old car adverts.

I bet there are many people around who just don't know what this is -