1984 Ford Capri MkIII 2.1

Use this forum to post threads of ongoing Capri projects and restorations.
ben01328
Car(s): 1984 1.6 Shell with a 2.1 Fitted

Re: 1984 Ford Capri MkIII 2.1

Post by ben01328 »

Got a Few more things done today, first off i fitted an new capri club strut brace i bought, Looks great and really firms up the front end.

Second i set about putting everything on the capri club parcel shelf i bought as well, Took quite a while to do but im chuffed with the result. A big thank you to "nialdiamond" for supplying all the parts i needed for the shelf and to "Fordoholic Nick" for the thread i made about these shelves it was a big help.

I also reconnected the heated rear screen tabs on the struts so hopefully thats works the next time it gets misted up.
timfromull
Car(s): 1985 Capri Laser (project) Mitsubishi Shogun Warrior and Vauxhall Vivaro van

Post by timfromull »

Some cars and mods just look 'so' right......this is one of them, love it.
When are the Revolutions getting nailed on, mate.....very nice :applaud:
ben01328

Post by ben01328 »

timfromull wrote:Some cars and mods just look 'so' right......this is one of them, love it.
When are the Revolutions getting nailed on, mate.....very nice :applaud:
Cheers mate its getting there slowly, Hope fully get the revolutions on soon, bloody rubber is expensive haha, plus im trying to sort out more pressing things like lights and washers etc. There is always something.
ben01328

Post by ben01328 »

So ive been having loads of problem with the washers on capri, constantly adjusting them as the wouldn't stay put then having to blow out the brass pipes every 5 seconds as they keep getting blocked and some fool had bent the contacts in the plug for the washer pump so it wasnt making proper contact and the pump was a bit it and miss.

So i decided to buy one of these kits : http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/360860461700? ... EBIDX%3AIT

All i can say is that it was worth every penny, Ive now got perfect washers that are completely directional and give brilliant coverage and they don't look out of place at all on the capri.

Next up headlights, In short there s**t give out naff all light etc. I actually drove from stevenage to fakenham in Norfolk which is about 90miles with the high beam on the whole way and not one person flashed at me so that says how crap they are.

So i bought one of these kits that lets you use h4 lamps in all 4 lights : http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271155509062? ... EBIDX%3AIT

Again worth every penny, Ive only got the outer two wired up at the moment but the difference is vast, there so much better its unreal. My plan is to use all four lights for dipped and main beam using a relay of some description but i need some research on this matter.

For using all four lights for dipped and main this is what ive found so far, Has anyone on here done this and offer any help/advice?

Finally on a bit of an annoying note was driving home last night and heard a loud metal ding, car didn't feel any different so kept going about 15mins late there was a rattle and the sound of a very long bolt hit the car and then going down the road. It was the alternator bolt FFS so the alternator is only held in place by the adjustment bolt at the moment. So that is top of the list today haha.
Arya2.0S
Car(s): ford capri 2.0 s

Post by Arya2.0S »

I see that the tops of your rear seats have gone purple too. Mine are like that lol, bloody nice car though. Wish I could do the 2.1 conversion to mine.