10 Years of Capris @ the Ace Cafe 2016 - Chairman's Report

Use this forum to post up threads of pictures. e.g. Car Shows, Brochures, Meets etc. If you have a thread in another forum you would like moved here, please PM Admin.
2litreScapri
Car(s): 1983 2.0S - Daily Driver

10 Years of Capris @ the Ace Cafe 2016 - Chairman's Report

Post by 2litreScapri »

So, nearly a week has passed since the 10th Anniversary Ace Cafe Capri Day. Was it a success? Yes it was! The sun was shining on the cars the people were chatting, and the standard and detail of the Capris was amazing! For all the years I have attended as both a spectator & host I see an improvement in each and every car, and for all those people who could not stay for the awards, I will repeat what I said and give yourself a round of applause for keeping these cars alive! You guys are what make the day, without you it wouldn't be anything!

The judging for the different models was very tough, so many factors, modifications, quality of workmanship, back story, it was tough this year! These are the award winners:

Mk1 - Peter Smith - V8

Mk2 - Nick Carley - 3.0 V6 JPS

Mk3 - Pat Boyle - 2.8 V6 Janspeed Turbo

And the People's Choice, was John Ireland's immaculate Mk2 3.0 V6 Ghia. The last time John won such an award via SCC it was the Brooklands 45th Anniversary event. Clearly nothing has changed in 2 years & people still love it!

I hope every winner shows their trophy with pride, they deserve it!

It's clear that from next year things may be tougher to get into London, but the event will carry on & we'll make sure it's just as great as ever. Too many thanks to mention but special mentions go to Ace Cafe Marshalls, Julian Pessell, Nick Bowler, John Taylor, Steve Collins (shame we didn't have VBH!), Andrew Mould and Anna Mould for award pictures, plus everyone who attended!

Pics from the day and awards: