Killerton House Classic Car Show

Use this forum to post up threads of pictures. e.g. Car Shows, Brochures, Meets etc. If you have a thread in another forum you would like moved here, please PM Admin.
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Killerton House Classic Car Show

Post by andyd »

May 15th 2016 Estimated 400 + cars
This event is about 5 miles from me, hope you like the pics Andy took along with some family shots :lol:
Pic 12 shows the bonnet of a Marcos that got hit when a Gazebo took off with a gust of wind :doh: Real shame :(
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3on75qsmq57v ... 9Qa?oref=e
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Re: Killerton House Classic Car Show

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi Andy,
Brilliant photos, thanks for posting. That looks like an amazing day out, and great weather too.
Far too many favourites to mention, but the Montecarlo and the Pantera deserve special credit. Oh, and the XROC cars of course!

The barbeque looks good too! How come you didn't take that to Simply Ford, or was it by special invite only? :lol:

All the best,
Andrew.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:Hi Andy,
Brilliant photos, thanks for posting. That looks like an amazing day out, and great weather too.
Far too many favourites to mention, but the Montecarlo and the Pantera deserve special credit. Oh, and the XROC cars of course!

The barbeque looks good too! How come you didn't take that to Simply Ford, or was it by special invite only? :lol:

All the best,
Andrew.
The Pantera sounded as good as it looked :D
BBQ was down to Andy R.......Would be great if it was regular, but probably back to sandwiches next time :(

Great day made better with the weather.
Its the 3rd time Ive done this show and its growing every year, pretty much everything covered at this one :)

Andy
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Post by Caprifan Rob »

Brilliant pictures & what a great venue for a show. Loads to see, a real diverse selection of cars. Looked like a great day out Andy, thanks for sharing.
All the best,
Rob
andyd

Post by andyd »

Freelanderfan wrote:Brilliant pictures & what a great venue for a show. Loads to see, a real diverse selection of cars. Looked like a great day out Andy, thanks for sharing.
All the best,
Rob
Thanks Rob,
TBH I missed loads of cars yesterday as there is too much to look at in 7 hours.

Powderham Castle is our biggest local 2 day event with around 3000 vehicles including Classic Cars, Classic Motorcycles,
Traction Engines and Lorries etc...... Enough even for a hardened fanatic like Andrew :lol:

Andy
Taff50ish
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 2.8 Injection Special, every few days.
VW Tiguan for daily & boaring runs.
Triumph Speed Triple 1050, Now unfortunately gone...
Triumph 1200 Tiger XCA instead... Now also gone.
Tiger XRT instead... No, gone too...
BMW R1250RS Exec... Try this one out (old man syndrome).

Post by Taff50ish »

Hi Andy,

Wow, some great cars there. Real shame about that Bonnet, hope he gets it sorted.... Love the MK1 Golf GTI and is that a Lancia Montecarlo??? Great memories, I never had one, but one of my friends did, they where sporty as F¥€k.... Or at least, that's how I remember it... Cheers for sharing, all the best,

John...
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

andyd wrote:Pic 12 shows the bonnet of a Marcos that got hit when a Gazebo took off with a gust of wind :doh:
Hi Andy,
It is a real shame to see any car sustain damage at a show.
I'm not usually one to be a pedant :whistle: but the car in question is a Morgan Aero 8, not a Marcos. Just thought I'd say......
Great pics anyway!

Andrew.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
andyd wrote:Pic 12 shows the bonnet of a Marcos that got hit when a Gazebo took off with a gust of wind :doh:
Hi Andy,
It is a real shame to see any car sustain damage at a show.
I'm not usually one to be a pedant :whistle: but the car in question is a Morgan Aero 8, not a Marcos. Just thought I'd say......
Great pics anyway!

Andrew.
Hi Andrew,
That's fine :D I was told it was a Marcos by Andy that took the photo's

Hope he /she gets its sorted, and tbh the gazebo should have been pegged down, even though it wasn't that windy at the time.....
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

andyd wrote:Hope he /she gets its sorted, and tbh the gazebo should have been pegged down, even though it wasn't that windy at the time.....
Hi Andy,
Out of curiosity, do you know if the gazebo belonged to the car owner or their club? I'm assuming that the car was parked in the vicinity of said gazebo. Would this kind of incident be covered by the public liability insurance of the show organisers, or is it something that the car owner would have to pay for themselves/ make a claim on their own insurance?
I imagine you must know the ins and outs of it all, as you use a Gazebo with the club.

All the best,
Andrew.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
andyd wrote:Hope he /she gets its sorted, and tbh the gazebo should have been pegged down, even though it wasn't that windy at the time.....
Hi Andy,
Out of curiosity, do you know if the gazebo belonged to the car owner or their club? I'm assuming that the car was parked in the vicinity of said gazebo. Would this kind of incident be covered by the public liability insurance of the show organisers, or is it something that the car owner would have to pay for themselves/ make a claim on their own insurance?
I imagine you must know the ins and outs of it all, as you use a Gazebo with the club.

All the best,
Andrew.
Hi Andrew,
The Gazebo was just in front of the car but whether it was to do with the car owner I don't know.

We get insurance cover with our yearly club membership should our cars be damaged whilst at a show that's all I know......

Andy