pinto Piston rings where to buy?

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
cabaret
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0i
Skoda Fabia 1.9 SDI

pinto Piston rings where to buy?

Post by cabaret »

Can anyone advise where I can pickup a set of piston rings for my EFI pinto. It came from a 1988 Ford Granada Ghia I,

I've found piston rings for the none injection models. Or piston rings for Injection but +Size

I'm after standard size injection pi to rings, cheers
I am the Nightrider. I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the chosen one The mighty hand of vengeance sent down to strike the unroadworthy! Im hotter than a rollin dice. Step right up, chum and watch the kid lay down the rubber road, ride to freedom!
stevemarl
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 1.6 laser

Re: pinto Piston rings where to buy?

Post by stevemarl »

Wouldn`t the rings be the same for an efi as a carbed engine?
Tamworthbay
Car(s): Y reg 1.6L in imperial red, ex owner of 3.0s and 2.0 GL in gorgeous Tibetan gold

Post by Tamworthbay »

What size do you need? I have a few sets on my shelf.
340truck
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Rat - GONE
2.8 - GONE
Volvo - GONE
Only 2 Zetec SE Fezzas left now, 1.6 ghia gone. Mk 1 Focus replaces, sticking with 1.6 Zetec SE

Post by 340truck »

Talk to Burton Power.
cabaret
Skoda Fabia 1.9 SDI

Post by cabaret »

No apparently not, when I've been looking it says not for injection! You need the later piston rings for the injection models apparently. And theyare the one ones iI'm struggling to find. I'll measure the size and get back to Tamworth!
I am the Nightrider. I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the chosen one The mighty hand of vengeance sent down to strike the unroadworthy! Im hotter than a rollin dice. Step right up, chum and watch the kid lay down the rubber road, ride to freedom!
fordperv
Car(s): too many

Post by fordperv »

They are different it's down to a different ring diameter,

Mahle do them

http://mattlewismotorsportonline.com/fo ... 1726-p.asp
stevemarl
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 1.6 laser

Post by stevemarl »

It`s the thickness of the top ring, earlier ones were (I think) 2.0mm, later 1.6mm - but this also applies to the whole range of Sierra Pintos, including the 1.6L from a certain date. I`m still not sure it`s specific to efi, they ALL had thinner rings after that time? As long as they`re correct for the piston they`ll be OK. You need to measure the thickness of the top groove/top ring in existing items.
cabaret
Skoda Fabia 1.9 SDI

Post by cabaret »

Thanks for the heads up guys. I will measure mine and then get the correct ones. Cheers!