Gearbox Parts?

Capri Parts For Sale and Wanted
Zeno65
Car(s): Capri-based Locost

Gearbox Parts?

Post by Zeno65 »

Hi All -
Here's a complete newbie to this forum. And this is my problem :-
I'm looking for a replacement gear lever retaining ring, for a Capri 4-speed g/box. This is denoted as a Type 3 g/box, on the Burton-Power web site, although the Haynes manual refers to it as a "Type C". The gear lever is retained in place by a screw-on nylon cup, with integrated tab-washer. Which is the part in question.

Irritatingly, I remember sighting a pic of this precise item, but didn't follow it up, because it was a USA site. (Which I cannot now find).

So, other than splashing out on a Rally Design quickshift, is there anywhere else where Capri gearbox spares can be obtained?

Yes, I've tried a local Ford parts counter (the reply, accompanied by ironic laughter, was - "You'll be lucky, mate!!" ). :(

Your expert advice will be welcome.
CAEDES

Re: Gearbox Parts?

Post by CAEDES »

I have a feeling I read about them the other day in a catalogue.... Could have been the CCI one.

Sorry, I know that's of no help, but it could be a start. I'll have a look when I get in and report back at some point.
nigecapri
Car(s): Black 2.0S with supercharged bike carbs.

Post by nigecapri »

Names to try:
MWR see page top advert.
Tickford man
Matt at RetroFord
CCI main HQ at Evesham
Martin Pawson - CapriGear

Welcome to the forum, if you need any advice on bits or mods for your car then head for the Rant & Rave page where everyone meets up.
Do you happen to know if anyone's running a pinto with eaton supercharger on their car?
Supercharged Nat
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Supercharged 2.1 (daily driver- when it works)

Post by Supercharged Nat »

Names to try:
MWR see page top advert.
Tickford man
Matt at RetroFord
CCI main HQ at Evesham
Martin Pawson - CapriGear

Welcome to the forum, if you need any advice on bits or mods for your car then head for the Rant & Rave page where everyone meets up.
Do you happen to know if anyone's running a pinto with eaton supercharger on their car?
I cant think of anyone, can you?
Zeno65
Car(s): Capri-based Locost

Post by Zeno65 »

Thanks for all the info tips. Have already contacted Matt at RetroFord, who will be supplying a suitable gear lever assy.

Eaton supercharger - have you checked out the PPC site? They recently carried a serialised feature about supercharging. They might provide a lead for you.

LoL
Zeno