My Mk2 XR2 Zetec conversion

Use this forum to post you cars pictures, history and modifications.
no2lurch
Car(s): BMW e30 325i Touring

My Mk2 XR2 Zetec conversion

Post by no2lurch »

Not a capri, but its my daily driver so i thoght i'd post. its a old ford at least.

When I bought it, it was already converted with an 1800 zetec engine out of a mondeo. It was stripped out with no carpet or interior other than a roll cage, harnesses and bucket seats. As I wanted it for a practicle everyday car, out came the buckets, harnesses and cage and in went a standard interior.

The engine is running a 4-2-1 Ashley manfold with an Ashley exhaust system and should be pushing about 130BHP, which for a little car is pretty good. The xr2 gearbox was binned after the diff bearing started to whine and was replaced with an xr3i box which has the same first 4 gears but a taller 5th so revs are kept down on the motorway.

I have done a few things to the engine like upgrade the throttle body and MAF sensor. I also added a modified rs turbo cross over pipe with induction pipe to get the cold air into the engine. A new coolant hose was needed after one perished on the way back form 'up north' show.

Following several days of polishing and colour restoration followed by a damn good waxing, I bought some stickers for it which I know are not to everyones taste, but I love it.

Interior is pretty much standard except the centre console is bein dumped for a fire extinguisher and the centre air vents have been blocked up and gauges added. The momo sterring wheel really suits it too. A rear strur brace has been added also. I am trying to find a modified front strut brace that wont hit the inlet manifold too, but it is prooving harder than I thought.

Pics taken at 'up north' show...

Please sponsor me in the Wolverhampton Half Marathon on 6th September 2009 and the Leicester Full Marathon on 11th October 2009 at http://www.justgiving.com/neildalby All money goes to SANDS in memory of our angels. Thank you.
Airbag
Car(s): Modified 2.8i Special (summer car)
Modified 2.0S (winter car)

Re: My Mk2 XR2 Zetec conversion

Post by Airbag »

I like that, I've always had a soft spot for XR2s