Beakster's Capri 2.0 Laser

Use this forum to post you cars pictures, history and modifications.
Beakster
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1983 Ford Capri 2.9 24V Cosworth Injection

Beakster's Capri 2.0 Laser

Post by Beakster »

Here's my Capri 2.0 Laser:

I bought it in January 2007 from a guy in Newport, Wales for the bargainous sum of £500. It came with 6 months MOT and Tax as well as a nice 2.8 Interior and even had a Michael Jackson tape in the armrest cubby. :)

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/34SzwPnB8vM&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/34SzwPnB8vM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

It's my daily driver and it gets driven hard everywhere I go. The mileage is at 217,000 and I'm looking forward to rolling over the quarter of a million miles mark soon. Since getting it I've made the following modifications:

Engine: FR32 Cam, Verneir Pulley, Ported Head, Electronic Ignition, 38DGAS Carb
Brakes: Braided lines, Green Stuff pads, 2.8 Spaced Calipers, Vented Grooved and Drilled Discs
Other: 205 Falken tyres, axle location kit, Strut Brace, Cobra 200GTLDX CB Radio

Its really reliable and just needed a bulb for the last MOT. On the last rolling road session it made 126BHP and 134lb/ft at the Flywheel so it a bit more lively than it was when it was standard. :) I started upgrading it properly after the first trackday I did at Brands Hatch. I kept loosing the back end and spinning out, this was fixed by the larger tyres and axle location it. The new brakes elimated the brake fade and a new radiator stopped me boiling over. :) It's been up the drag strip a few times, so far the best time is 16.9.

I get loads of enjoyment out of driving it and since owning it I've taken it to the following countries: Scotland, England, Wales, France, Belgium, Holland, Portugal, Spain.

I have a few more mods planned for it to get a bit more power, but as it is I love driving it to work everyday, hitting 6000rpm in 2nd and hanging the back end out on every round about! :D :D :D
-JC-
Car(s): 1986 Ford Capri 2.0 Laser
2004 Mazda RX8

Re: Beakster's Capri 2.0 Laser

Post by -JC- »

Love the poses lol, and the beach shot! What about your other one though?
"Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always pays off now."
Beakster
Donator
Donator

Post by Beakster »

I'll post up the other one soon, but it will be in the Projects and Restorations secton. :)
caprimadmick
Car(s): 2.8i Special in hibernation..3.0S under resto , 2.9efi for sale

Post by caprimadmick »

Cobra 200 GTL DX is still one of the best SSB rigs . Is it the MKII ??? CQCQdx ;)
Beakster
Donator
Donator

Post by Beakster »

caprimadmick wrote:Cobra 200 GTL DX is still one of the best SSB rigs . Is it the MKII ??? CQCQdx ;)
It's the Rev3. Doubled checked that by looking at the writing on the PCB when I got it. Heard lots of bad things about the early ones. It works great tho! :)

Airbag
Car(s): Modified 2.8i Special (summer car)
Modified 2.0S (winter car)

Post by Airbag »

I think I raced you at Classic ford last year? I have a video of it somwhere if you are intrested?
Beakster
Donator
Donator

Post by Beakster »

Airbag wrote:I think I raced you at Classic ford last year? I have a video of it somwhere if you are intrested?
Yeah, Definitely!!! What car where you in? Was it the red 2.8? If so I remember. There was you and an older guy you were with who I chatted to. He was telling me about how much rot you found when you rolled it over. :)
Airbag
Car(s): Modified 2.8i Special (summer car)
Modified 2.0S (winter car)

Post by Airbag »

yeah it was me and my old man! I managed to get a 16.0 on my last run :) hope to get in the 15s this year. You wouldnt' beleave the rust we found, check out my post and you'll see some pics!

Hope you enjoy the video, yours pulled very hard for a 2.0! Escpecialy if you managed a 16.9 :D