ANYONE KNOW MY MK1.. CTR 87K ?

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
HORRORZOMBIE

ANYONE KNOW MY MK1.. CTR 87K ?

Post by HORRORZOMBIE »

hi
this is my mk1 1.3 xl, sunset red. i know nothing really about it. it has been painted white and gold rs3100 livery with an essex in it and been on top gear (allegedly ) in that form. about 4 yrs ago it was fitted with a 2.1 pinto mk3 brakes and suspension loom sprayed and partly (badly) restored by sparky's capri heaven. he had it as his own car then sold it on i bought it earlier this year. i love it lots even tho the weldin and electrics were a nightmare!
anyway after 30 yrs it doesnt have much history in paper (2 old mots) so if you owned it or know any thing about it please post here as i would love to know more about it.
its goin end up properly restored, back halved and cossie or v8 powered which will be awesome.
thanx
MikeRudge

Can't help with the history...

Post by MikeRudge »

..but it looks sweet.
Alan280

Car history

Post by Alan280 »

If you write to the DVLC, their Historic vehicle department (I think that's what they call it), will for a fiver per car registration supplied, send you the full history. I did this for my two, and in return got photocopies of all the previous reg. document slips and various other snippets of info. Some of the copies were a bit poor & difficult to read, but should be able to give you some idea. Which reminds me, I've been meaning to do the same for my long gone Mk2.
Alan
HORRORZOMBIE

excellent idea...

Post by HORRORZOMBIE »

should be a fiver well spent
cheers m8
HZ
nigelhunt78

Re: ANYONE KNOW MY MK1.. CTR 87K ?

Post by nigelhunt78 »

Hi,

I was the guy who bought it off Sparky (think he might be a bit of a cowboy!) I think I paid about £1100 for it, 2.1 pinto, mostly mk3 interior, 5 speed gearbox and I believe a 2.8 back axle.

I'm not the most knowledgeable about cars, bought it with 12 months MOT kept it for that year and then when it failed and needed thousands spending I had to sell it on. (In hindsight I don't think it had a legitimate MOT when I bought it, it was downright dangerous!)

Hope you enjoy it, I had an absolute blast with it and wish I'd kept it but just didn't have the money or the space at the time. If you put the numberplate in google images that first image is how it looked when I had it. Could you send me a photo of how it is now?

Nigel
Beakster
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1983 Ford Capri 2.9 24V Cosworth Injection

Post by Beakster »

Hi Nigel,

The message from HORRORZOMBIE that you are replying to is from 10 years ago and he hasn't logged in since the forum change (3+ years ago), so it's unlikely (although not impossible) that you'll get a response.

Still, if he, or anyone else, googles the reg number they will find this thread and may well get in contact with you, but I wouldn't expect to hear anything too soon.
nigelhunt78

Post by nigelhunt78 »

Yeah, I didn't spot the date til after I'd registered and logged in and written the post! Never mind!
HORRORZOMBIE
Car(s): no capris atm had lots though!!!

Post by HORRORZOMBIE »

nigelhunt78 wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:18 pm Hi,

I was the guy who bought it off Sparky (think he might be a bit of a cowboy!) I think I paid about £1100 for it, 2.1 pinto, mostly mk3 interior, 5 speed gearbox and I believe a 2.8 back axle.

I'm not the most knowledgeable about cars, bought it with 12 months MOT kept it for that year and then when it failed and needed thousands spending I had to sell it on. (In hindsight I don't think it had a legitimate MOT when I bought it, it was downright dangerous!)

Hope you enjoy it, I had an absolute blast with it and wish I'd kept it but just didn't have the money or the space at the time. If you put the numberplate in google images that first image is how it looked when I had it. Could you send me a photo of how it is now?

Nigel
and 10 years later.

Hello Nigel,
I bought it off you from liverpool. yes it was a state, had about £500 of welding to get it safe and a load of electrics. was a fun car after that. guy i sold it to had it written off following a crash, restored it to mint and then it shwoed up for sale looking sorry a good while back. still on the road now apparently! i have got some pics, if you reply to this i'll post them. i'll give you 10 years or so to reply :xd: :xd:
cheers
Adam.
Not_Anumber
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Just sold 1983 2.8 Injection 5 speed. Currently restoring another classic Previously owned 2 Capris. Likely to own another at some point

Post by Not_Anumber »

It might take even longer than that. He made 2x posts in 2012, never to be heard from again.