Weston super Mare Pageant of Transport, March 30/31st 2024

Post details here of any car related shows, meetings, gatherings etc that you want to share with other users.
andyd
Posts: 8306
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1981 XR3
Location: Devon

Re: Weston super Mare Pageant of Transport, March 30/31st 2024

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:51 pm
andyd wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:40 pm Did you know that guitarist Ritchie Blackmore was born in WSM?
As was John Cleese.

Andrew.
Ah yes, and 6 years before Blackmore.
pbar wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:11 pm
Major_Tom wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:59 pm Whenever I see Weston Super Mare written down, I always get Rik Mayall's voice from Bottom in my head saying it in whichever episode it was... "...Weston Syooper Mare!
Such a funny series :D
Yes very childish :cool: Don't think they would get away with it now.

I've been watching some of the Little Britain repeats, that certainly wouldn't get on T/V now :lol: Surprised the repeats are on :?
User avatar
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Posts: 14768
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:38 pm
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)
Location: Ceredigion
Contact:

Re: Weston super Mare Pageant of Transport, March 30/31st 2024

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

andyd wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:02 am I've been watching some of the Little Britain repeats, that certainly wouldn't get on T/V now :lol: Surprised the repeats are on :?
They were out of favour for a while. From Google:

"In June 2020, the show was removed from various UK streaming services due to its use of blackface. In March 2022, the BBC made Little Britain available to view on BBC iPlayer again with some of the more controversial characters being cut from the original release"

Andrew.
Image
User avatar
Major_Tom
Posts: 9142
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:21 am
Car(s): 2.0S

Re: Weston super Mare Pageant of Transport, March 30/31st 2024

Post by Major_Tom »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:21 pm
andyd wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:02 am I've been watching some of the Little Britain repeats, that certainly wouldn't get on T/V now :lol: Surprised the repeats are on :?
They were out of favour for a while. From Google:

"In June 2020, the show was removed from various UK streaming services due to its use of blackface. In March 2022, the BBC made Little Britain available to view on BBC iPlayer again with some of the more controversial characters being cut from the original release"

Andrew.
Society's in such a mess. Delete a character from a comedy show.. that'll solve the issues!

I was reading a youtube comment the other day from a road safety PIF.. the one where the car goes through a fence and mangles an unfeasible number of children, ludicrous really. People were crying and moaning in the comments... demanding others be respectful. I had to remind them that it's a work of fiction, they're actors, not worth getting all bent out of shape over and if people want to take the piss or find it funny, so be it.

Imagine what those people are like when they watch a comedy show.
I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.
User avatar
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Posts: 14768
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:38 pm
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)
Location: Ceredigion
Contact:

Re: Weston super Mare Pageant of Transport, March 30/31st 2024

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Major_Tom wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:33 am Imagine what those people are like when they watch a comedy show.
I don't understand the concept of removing offensive shows from streaming services. Little Britain is so well known, somebody searching for it would know exactly what content it may contain (or did contain!).
Why would somebody watch it if they know it will offend them?

I have watched LB in the past, but I'm not a huge fan so I don't go out of my way to search for it on streaming services. Stands to reason! :D:

Andrew.
Image
andyd
Posts: 8306
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1981 XR3
Location: Devon

Re: Weston super Mare Pageant of Transport, March 30/31st 2024

Post by andyd »

Major_Tom wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:33 am
Andrew 2.8i wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:21 pm
andyd wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:02 am I've been watching some of the Little Britain repeats, that certainly wouldn't get on T/V now :lol: Surprised the repeats are on :?
They were out of favour for a while. From Google:

"In June 2020, the show was removed from various UK streaming services due to its use of blackface. In March 2022, the BBC made Little Britain available to view on BBC iPlayer again with some of the more controversial characters being cut from the original release"

Andrew.
Society's in such a mess. Delete a character from a comedy show.. that'll solve the issues!

I was reading a youtube comment the other day from a road safety PIF.. the one where the car goes through a fence and mangles an unfeasible number of children, ludicrous really. People were crying and moaning in the comments... demanding others be respectful. I had to remind them that it's a work of fiction, they're actors, not worth getting all bent out of shape over and if people want to take the piss or find it funny, so be it.

Imagine what those people are like when they watch a comedy show.
It's about 20 years since Little Britain was first aired, and we have gone backwards dramatically in that time (The last few years in particular imo).

No sense of humour, people looking to be offended (No one has the right not to be offended), I'm sure social media is the main culprit as too much information now available :roll:
User avatar
Major_Tom
Posts: 9142
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:21 am
Car(s): 2.0S

Re: Weston super Mare Pageant of Transport, March 30/31st 2024

Post by Major_Tom »

andyd wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:44 am
Major_Tom wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:33 am
Andrew 2.8i wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:21 pm

They were out of favour for a while. From Google:

"In June 2020, the show was removed from various UK streaming services due to its use of blackface. In March 2022, the BBC made Little Britain available to view on BBC iPlayer again with some of the more controversial characters being cut from the original release"

Andrew.
Society's in such a mess. Delete a character from a comedy show.. that'll solve the issues!

I was reading a youtube comment the other day from a road safety PIF.. the one where the car goes through a fence and mangles an unfeasible number of children, ludicrous really. People were crying and moaning in the comments... demanding others be respectful. I had to remind them that it's a work of fiction, they're actors, not worth getting all bent out of shape over and if people want to take the piss or find it funny, so be it.

Imagine what those people are like when they watch a comedy show.
It's about 20 years since Little Britain was first aired, and we have gone backwards dramatically in that time (The last few years in particular imo).

No sense of humour, people looking to be offended (No one has the right not to be offended), I'm sure social media is the main culprit as too much information now available :roll:
Too much information of the kind people running those companies want to promote. It's heavily censored and doctored to support whatever "they" want to promote / vilify.
I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.
User avatar
Major_Tom
Posts: 9142
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:21 am
Car(s): 2.0S

Re: Weston super Mare Pageant of Transport, March 30/31st 2024

Post by Major_Tom »

andyd wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:44 am
Major_Tom wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:33 am
Andrew 2.8i wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:21 pm

They were out of favour for a while. From Google:

"In June 2020, the show was removed from various UK streaming services due to its use of blackface. In March 2022, the BBC made Little Britain available to view on BBC iPlayer again with some of the more controversial characters being cut from the original release"

Andrew.
Society's in such a mess. Delete a character from a comedy show.. that'll solve the issues!

I was reading a youtube comment the other day from a road safety PIF.. the one where the car goes through a fence and mangles an unfeasible number of children, ludicrous really. People were crying and moaning in the comments... demanding others be respectful. I had to remind them that it's a work of fiction, they're actors, not worth getting all bent out of shape over and if people want to take the piss or find it funny, so be it.

Imagine what those people are like when they watch a comedy show.
It's about 20 years since Little Britain was first aired, and we have gone backwards dramatically in that time (The last few years in particular imo).

No sense of humour, people looking to be offended (No one has the right not to be offended), I'm sure social media is the main culprit as too much information now available :roll:
It's like people have become so entitled that they think any opinion that doesn't ally with their own must be destroyed. Instead of people thinking we have all had different life experiences, so we have different opinions. People are being taught to think they are 'right' and anyone different is 'wrong'.

I've been having fun reminding those sorts of people that this is a form of fascism :lol:
I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.
andyd
Posts: 8306
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1981 XR3
Location: Devon

Re: Weston super Mare Pageant of Transport, March 30/31st 2024

Post by andyd »

Major_Tom wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:24 am

It's like people have become so entitled that they think any opinion that doesn't ally with their own must be destroyed. Instead of people thinking we have all had different life experiences, so we have different opinions. People are being taught to think they are 'right' and anyone different is 'wrong'.

I've been having fun reminding those sorts of people that this is a form of fascism :lol:
There are a weird minority of people out there given too much attention :?
andyd
Posts: 8306
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1981 XR3
Location: Devon

Re: Weston super Mare Pageant of Transport, March 30/31st 2024

Post by andyd »

**Update**
After much work over the last couple of weeks we are confirming that we will go ahead with the new dates of the 25th and 26th May.
Anybody who has pre purchased tickets will either have them honoured for the new date or if cannot make the new date then will have them refunded.
If people are wanting a refund then please send us a email with your details and order number and these will be processed over the coming weeks.
We will endeavour to respond to everyone's queries as soon as possible and will be catching up with all messages and emails over the next couple of days.
Thank you for the continued support and look forward to providing updates and seeing everyone on the May Bank Holiday weekend.
User avatar
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Posts: 14768
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:38 pm
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)
Location: Ceredigion
Contact:

Re: Weston super Mare Pageant of Transport, March 30/31st 2024

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

andyd wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:36 am **Update**
After much work over the last couple of weeks we are confirming that we will go ahead with the new dates of the 25th and 26th May.
Thanks for the heads up, Andy. I will hopefully still be able to make the revised dates, but not all of my favourite local shows have publicised their dates yet.
How is it looking for you and your club?

Andrew.
Image
andyd
Posts: 8306
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1981 XR3
Location: Devon

Re: Weston super Mare Pageant of Transport, March 30/31st 2024

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:12 pm
andyd wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:36 am **Update**
After much work over the last couple of weeks we are confirming that we will go ahead with the new dates of the 25th and 26th May.
Thanks for the heads up, Andy. I will hopefully still be able to make the revised dates, but not all of my favourite local shows have publicised their dates yet.
How is it looking for you and your club?

Andrew.
Most of our show dates are now confirmed and hopefully you can get there Andrew.

Currently we have 6 cars for Sunday 26th.
User avatar
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Posts: 14768
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:38 pm
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)
Location: Ceredigion
Contact:

Re: Weston super Mare Pageant of Transport, March 30/31st 2024

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

andyd wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:15 am Currently we have 6 cars for Sunday 26th.
That's great!
Hopefully the later than planned date will increase the likelihood of decent weather.
If I remember correctly, the last two years were dry and sunny but very cold.

Andrew.
Image
andyd
Posts: 8306
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1981 XR3
Location: Devon

Re: Weston super Mare Pageant of Transport, March 30/31st 2024

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:40 pm
andyd wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:15 am Currently we have 6 cars for Sunday 26th.
That's great!
Hopefully the later than planned date will increase the likelihood of decent weather.
If I remember correctly, the last two years were dry and sunny but very cold.

Andrew.
As I always say Andrew, anything but rain :)

Like alot of the country it's been terrible here for rain lately. Hopefully better from spring onwards!
Post Reply