Bucket & Spade run 2023

Use this forum to post up threads of pictures. e.g. Car Shows, Brochures, Meets etc. If you have a thread in another forum you would like moved here, please PM Admin.
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

Bucket & Spade run 2023

Post by Peter-S »

So today was the local seafront show known as the Bucket and Spade run. It was a nice day so I went along for a look, only as a member of the public, but it was a well attended event with a good selection of cars - here are some Fords:

ImageDSCN1405 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1404 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1417 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1416 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1411 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1409 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1408 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1407 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1400 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1399 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1395 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1390 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1389 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1380 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1378 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1377 by Peter Smith, on Flickr

ImageDSCN1374 by Peter Smith, on Flickr
ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Re: Bucket & Spade run 2023

Post by andyd »

Great pics and weather Peter :cool:

So many different makes/models there so something for everyone :) Love the Mk2 Cavalier SRi in the background, I had the SRi 130 great car!

Shows around here start next Sunday, so fingers crossed weather stays good for few months ahead.

P.S. We had the BBMF fly over our garden yesterday, and the Red Arrows Saturday and Sunday, so not a bad weekend here :D

Andy
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

Looks a good show Peter was that near you ? Loving that beige cortina .
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
1983 Capri 2.8i

Post by Peter-S »

Jasonmarie wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 7:56 am Looks a good show Peter was that near you ? Loving that beige cortina .
Hi Jason, yes, on the seafront a couple of miles from me.

The Cortina sounded very sweet as it drove in. Something to do with a great engine I expect 😉
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

It looks like a good selection of cars and a road run is such great fun to participate in.
What's going on with that black Capri that it needs those extra air intakes in place of the inner headlights? It looks as though it's got the best engine in the world already, so it couldn't have had an engine transplant.

Andrew.
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
1983 Capri 2.8i

Post by Peter-S »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 7:33 pm It looks like a good selection of cars and a road run is such great fun to participate in.
What's going on with that black Capri that it needs those extra air intakes in place of the inner headlights? It looks as though it's got the best engine in the world already, so it couldn't have had an engine transplant.

Andrew.
Hi Andrew - it had been tweaked a little. The bonnet was fibre glass and the tailgate too by the look of it so it had some general go faster mods.

A better shot of the engine bay:

Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Hi Peter,

Great photos yet again from thus local show to you. We must try to sort something for this one next year as being on the seafront it would make for a great meet up for a few of us on here. Still such a shame Deal show has not returned to the seafront at Walmer.

Anyway great photos mate. That Black Capri looks great with the few tweaks done. Has the battery been re-housed Peter as cant see it as looks like a catch can is there instead. I know John has mentioned to me before that he would be happy to help me re-house my battery in the boot space if i wanted !! :lol:

Really looks a great little show this and deffo worth a day out at the seaside. Nice one mate.

All the best

Nick
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
1983 Capri 2.8i

Post by Peter-S »

Fordoholic Nick wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 11:42 am Hi Peter,

Great photos yet again from thus local show to you. We must try to sort something for this one next year as being on the seafront it would make for a great meet up for a few of us on here. Still such a shame Deal show has not returned to the seafront at Walmer.

Anyway great photos mate. That Black Capri looks great with the few tweaks done. Has the battery been re-housed Peter as cant see it as looks like a catch can is there instead. I know John has mentioned to me before that he would be happy to help me re-house my battery in the boot space if i wanted !! :lol:

Really looks a great little show this and deffo worth a day out at the seaside. Nice one mate.

All the best

Nick
Cheers Nick. I thought about mentioning this to you and Jason in the absence of Deal but was a bit slow off the mark. By the time it crossed my mind you were being re-upholstered and Jason had broken down :o Next year maybe.
Major_Tom
Car(s): 2.0S

Post by Major_Tom »

Good selection there Peter thanks for uploading them! I love that Anglia van.
I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.