42 years old

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
ESSEXV6ESSEX
Car(s): Car

42 years old

Post by ESSEXV6ESSEX »

So, 42 years ago Mr & Mrs Brooks collected thier car. On the very same date 29, years later I took ownership. From 2010 until last summer the car has undergone restoration. I took it too a couple of shows as part of a shakedown. Some gremlins to sort but nothing major. Incidentally I have owned 5 cars registered on the date and bought 3 HOW BIZZARE! so I as a bit if fun with mates we have named it National Car Buying Day., he also bought a car on this date. Celebrate with me.
Attachments
Screenshot_20220403-033838~2.png
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Re: 42 years old

Post by Paul G »

You've done a top job on it Mark, I remember pictures you posted of it on both forums and from then till now it's a masterpiece. I bet you're pround of it and rightly so.
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Nice back story and car looking great :cool:

Always surprises me when a car has been restored we still get little niggles for a while :headscratch: Had a couple with the XR recently but fingers X all ok now.
nemo
Car(s): none at the moment

Post by nemo »

Justifiably proud, it`s a gorgeous car! Love the color.
ESSEXV6ESSEX
Car(s): Car

Post by ESSEXV6ESSEX »

Thanks for the replies. Steve Capri did the resto on it. I helped where I could and learnt about Capris. It's got supurb history which is what I like about the car. I would have done the same to a Cameo or 1.3L etc. I am over the moon with it and I think as most people agree, these things are never finished. An old cliche I know