CCI Nationals

Post details here of any car related shows, meetings, gatherings etc that you want to share with other users.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

CCI Nationals

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

The date for the CCI Nationals has been announced for this year and it's a few weeks later than usual, on the 21st May.
It's one of the most go-to shows for the Capri nut!
I'll be going and I hope to see some of you there.

Andrew.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Re: CCI Nationals

Post by Jasonmarie »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 8:37 am The date for the CCI Nationals has been announced for this year and it's a few weeks later than usual, on the 21st May.
It's one of the most go-to shows for the Capri nut!
I'll be going and I hope to see some of you there.

Andrew.
Will the show winning Capri be coming along as well , I should be there :cool:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Same day as Simply Ford at Beaulieu
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

andyd wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:43 am Same day as Simply Ford at Beaulieu
It must be difficult to plan an event in show season to not clash with other shows.
I wonder if there are many Capri owners that usually attend both shows, and this year will have to decide which one to go to?
No contest for me!

Andrew.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Jasonmarie wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 11:19 pm I should be there :cool:
Great, I'll see you there!

Andrew.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 10:37 am
andyd wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:43 am Same day as Simply Ford at Beaulieu
It must be difficult to plan an event in show season to not clash with other shows.
I wonder if there are many Capri owners that usually attend both shows, and this year will have to decide which one to go to?
No contest for me!

Andrew.
Depends on how many orange Focus STs do you want to see in one place? :lol:

Both good events, but the days of driving 3+ hours to an event are gone for me, I can do an hour or so but anymore than that I'm not interested!

I've noticed some local shows have stopped and others now clash :doh:
80s-new-man
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.9 Cosworth Dec 1984, reg. Feb 1985
Ford Sierra XR4x4 2.9 1992
Jaguar XJR SC 4.0 2001

Post by 80s-new-man »

I wasted similar time and effort getting my Capri ready for so-called Ford Fair in 2021. I’d previously been about 15 years previously and it was nothing like it has morphed into now..and was looking forward to it, but Capri was parked forlornly in some area and the miserable view of thousands of ford focusses upon a grey sky and no autojumble whilst it pissed it down was enough.
As I haven’t been to a Capri national, I was wondering what the Atmosphere is like of a evening as I see there’s just a camping area outside but no facilities, no bar, etc. I’m quite a way away so am cautiously hopeful but just wanted some honest feedback.
Cheers
:cheers:
Capri 2.9i Special 1984 Cossie 24v BOB heart transplant
Sierra XR4x4 2.9i 1992
Jaguar XJR 4.0 SC 2001
Jaguar F-Type 3.0S sc 380
andyd

Post by andyd »

Nice weather, has anyone gone to this event today?
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

andyd wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 12:08 pm Nice weather, has anyone gone to this event today?
Was just wondering the same Andy as I just seen that Dan has posted up on fb his S won first prize in mk3 concours.
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
andyd

Post by andyd »

Fordoholic Nick wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 9:02 pm
andyd wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 12:08 pm Nice weather, has anyone gone to this event today?
Was just wondering the same Andy as I just seen that Dan has posted up on fb his S won first prize in mk3 concours.
:cool:
I'm no longer on Capri FB pages, unlike many I still prefer forums.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

I received a text yesterday from our head of photography who I can confirm was at this event :lol:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
andyd

Post by andyd »

Jasonmarie wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 8:03 am

I received a text yesterday from our head of photography who I can confirm was at this event :lol:
:D Might get some pics then.
andyd

Post by andyd »

80s-new-man wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 10:19 am I wasted similar time and effort getting my Capri ready for so-called Ford Fair in 2021. I’d previously been about 15 years previously and it was nothing like it has morphed into now..and was looking forward to it, but Capri was parked forlornly in some area and the miserable view of thousands of ford focusses upon a grey sky and no autojumble whilst it pissed it down was enough.
As I haven’t been to a Capri national, I was wondering what the Atmosphere is like of a evening as I see there’s just a camping area outside but no facilities, no bar, etc. I’m quite a way away so am cautiously hopeful but just wanted some honest feedback.
Looking at some Youtube footage from Simply Ford yesterday, this comment pretty much sums it up;

"As always two many modern day 'classics ' an RS focus doesn't matter what colour it is it's the same as the rest of them.
We don't go any more as our hard work on the pre 1980 classics is over looked by the plastic Ford brigade.
We have oily spanners and hands you have laptop's and turbos, we have classics, you have the same as everyone else"

I don't dislike a Mustang GT, Focus RS or ST I've had some of them, but unless you drive them hard you may as well be in a 1.6 model, where as pre 1990 you can enjoy at any speed :cool:
Lord Flasheart
Car(s): 3.0 Ghia

Post by Lord Flasheart »

Really hope he did, lovely original car, I bigged it up enough so Johns son could hear when he was there with his clipboard :D :D

I didn't take any photo's but I'm hopeful somebody did, especially for Dan, I couldn't hang around as I had to go about 2.30
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Post by Paul G »

andyd wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 11:59 am
80s-new-man wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 10:19 am I wasted similar time and effort getting my Capri ready for so-called Ford Fair in 2021. I’d previously been about 15 years previously and it was nothing like it has morphed into now..and was looking forward to it, but Capri was parked forlornly in some area and the miserable view of thousands of ford focusses upon a grey sky and no autojumble whilst it pissed it down was enough.
Looking at some Youtube footage from Simply Ford yesterday, this comment pretty much sums it up;

"As always two many modern day 'classics ' an RS focus doesn't matter what colour it is it's the same as the rest of them.
We don't go any more as our hard work on the pre 1980 classics is over looked by the plastic Ford brigade.
We have oily spanners and hands you have laptop's and turbos, we have classics, you have the same as everyone else"

I don't dislike a Mustang GT, Focus RS or ST I've had some of them, but unless you drive them hard you may as well be in a 1.6 model, where as pre 1990 you can enjoy at any speed :cool:
100% agree with that comment.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Lord Flasheart wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 3:39 pm
Really hope he did, lovely original car, I bigged it up enough so Johns son could hear when he was there with his clipboard :D :D

I didn't take any photo's but I'm hopeful somebody did, especially for Dan, I couldn't hang around as I had to go about 2.30
Is this Dan that used to be on here and had the black D reg Laser?
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

andyd wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 6:23 pm Is this Dan that used to be on here and had the black D reg Laser?
Yes Andy. That's Dan. This is his remarkable and very original S. This was taken at the weekend at CCI with his winning trophy.

Dan still has his D Reg Laser which he had completely restored by Martin and his team at Capri Gear recently. They did a stunning job.
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
andyd

Post by andyd »

Fordoholic Nick wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 9:51 am
andyd wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 6:23 pm Is this Dan that used to be on here and had the black D reg Laser?
Yes Andy. That's Dan. This is his remarkable and very original S. This was taken at the weekend at CCI with his winning trophy.

Dan still has his D Reg Laser which he had completely restored by Martin and his team at Capri Gear recently. They did a stunning job.
Nice :cool:

Last time I knew he was selling his 2.8, that would have been nearly 3 years ago.