Capri spotted on tv

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Re: Capri spotted on tv

Post by andyd »

Major_Tom wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 8:16 pm
andyd wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 2:45 pm
pbar wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 5:41 pm

Yes, I was alerted to that too, definitely one of those 'wow' moments! I think the character, Stu, stated that his back in the day was 'Cosworth blue'.
I think that colour was the 2.8 Laser :headscratch: :)
Don't be silly Andy - that marque didn't exist.

It was a colour option for the 3.0 Injection.
But I overheard someone say his dads mate had one, so must be right :headscratch:
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

Newsflash/Correction/Update - It's possible that Stu said 'Cosmos blue' (thank you Steve :))
pbar

Post by pbar »

There was another Capri model car in Coronation Street the other day, the Steve McDonald character had one, and, just like the previous ones (the Corgi screen stars Professionals set) this one had no plot relevance either.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

pbar wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:10 pm There was another Capri model car in Coronation Street the other day, the Steve McDonald character had one, and, just like the previous ones (the Corgi screen stars Professionals set) this one had no plot relevance either.
Cool spot!
I wonder if somebody who works on the production side of the show could be a fan, maybe even an owner?

Andrew.
pbar

Post by pbar »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:15 am I wonder if somebody who works on the production side of the show could be a fan, maybe even an owner?
I've been thinking the same, what with this, the aforementioned Screen Stars Capri set, the poster in Tyrone's flat (think I posted a pic of that) and the cast regular they introduced who had one as his daily driver, seems just too much to be coincidental.