Irony huh

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Irony huh

Post by Mc Tool »

Sorta getting back to doing ones car repairs and maintenance at home.
We have (had) a toyota wagon we have done 210,000kms in , used to be Mums .
Any how I have just spent time and money doing the trans service , new cam belt kit ( inc water pump , idlers and oil seals), new coil packs ,leads and lridium plugs. So its been off the road for a month waiting for parts from ebay ( ΒΌ the price inc freight from usa ).
There was a but of a rush on because Di wanted to go to Greymouth ( 600kms ),any how got the car done , test drive about 6pm saturday
Di leaves home at about 1am Sunday (avoids all the trucks and tourists ) got to about 30ks south of FranzJosef and some arsehole comming other way ran her off the road and just carried on ........
She wound up in a ditch where she sat for 2 hrs before someone stopped. Fortunately he had a emergency locater beacon and rescue chopper took her to Greymouth ED . Busted up ankle and lower leg , something hit her in the back of her head ( probly the 1st aid kit )and a range of bruises. She has now been air ambulanced down here ,mostly coz Greymouth isnt geared up for the surgery she needs.
Yeah, so 12 hrs after a month long rebuild some arsehole ........didnt stop and by the time the cops got there ( no fault of theirs ) he was long gone ,all Di could tell them was that it had 4 headlights .
😒
Sometimes I talk to myself ... and we both have a good laugh
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Re: Irony huh

Post by andyd »

Nightmare :(

Like I always say, cars can be replaced people can't and at least Di got away with fairly minor injuries as could have been alot worse.

:goodluck:
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

Post by Peter-S »

Hope the good lass is OK. You'll be able to compare notes once she's sorted although obviously she can't compete with you :lol:
ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Post by Mc Tool »

Yes Peter 😁 its going to be interesting when she gets home to see who is helping who........same leg too . Broken tib , fib and talus , needs plated and screwed . But she is in good spirits so I guess thats a good thing .
Real weird without her here , the only time we have been apart in 35 years is when I was in hospital........hey man , it aint all bad .......you should see what Im eating πŸ˜†........without her blithering on about colesterol ,vegetables and heart health πŸ‘
Major_Tom
Car(s): 2.0S

Post by Major_Tom »

Fucking hell glad she is ok(mostly). People are a paradox, some so good it brings a tear to your eye, others such unbelievable cunts that... well.. it brings a tear (of rage) to your eye.
I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Oh my God.!!! πŸ˜”

Hamish I just seen this mate. So sorry to hear poor Di was involved in such a terrible accident. Jesus, that must have been so fucking scary for her and to think the other driver just left her there in a ditch is fucking disgusting!!! The most important thing by far is that you still have Di mate. Must have been very scary news when you heard and being so far away too but glad she has been moved nearer home now.

What a truely remarkable man that did stop to help and get Di the emergency help she needed. A true samaritan.

Please send Di my very best wishes for a speedy recovery and hope she is back home with you soon mate.
Mc Tool wrote: ↑Thu Nov 17, 2022 3:52 am.
Real weird without her here , the only time we have been apart in 35 years
I knew you were a big softie really :lol:
Mc Tool wrote: ↑Thu Nov 17, 2022 3:52 amhey man , it aint all bad .......you should see what Im eating πŸ˜†........without her blithering on about colesterol ,vegetables and heart health πŸ‘
I take back what I just said :lol: :lol:

Seriously though Hamish so glad Di escaped this and she's still here to tell the tale. Take care mate

Ps If there is anything I can do sorry you're too far away..... :wave: :lol:
Major_Tom

Post by Major_Tom »

Mc Tool wrote: ↑Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:08 pm all Di could tell them was that it had 4 headlights .
Hang on....... your Capri has four headlights.

REPORTED.
Major_Tom

Post by Major_Tom »

Mc Tool wrote: ↑Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:08 pm Any how I have just spent time and money doing the trans service
Haaang on... You spent money on a "trans service"?! You bigot! Trans people need to be accepted, not "serviced" which I assume is some kiwi monicker for conversion therapy, which is illegal and immoral.

REPORTED!!
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

Sorry to hear about Di , hope she makes speedy recovery. In all new cars here in the U.K. from 2017 have all been fitted with SOS systems that ring the police in an event of an accident what is a god send .
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator

Post by Mc Tool »

Major_Tom wrote: ↑Fri Nov 18, 2022 3:31 pm Haaang on... You spent money on a "trans service"?! You bigot! Trans people need to be accepted, not "serviced" which I assume is some kiwi monicker for conversion therapy, which is illegal and immoral.

REPORTED!!
Yeah , I did have my doubts about you Tom.πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ€£

Any how she has had the surgery and it went well .
Uh , spose I better do some housework 😁 before she gets home
Major_Tom

Post by Major_Tom »

Mc Tool wrote: ↑Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:20 pm
Major_Tom wrote: ↑Fri Nov 18, 2022 3:31 pm Haaang on... You spent money on a "trans service"?! You bigot! Trans people need to be accepted, not "serviced" which I assume is some kiwi monicker for conversion therapy, which is illegal and immoral.

REPORTED!!
Yeah , I did have my doubts about you Tom.πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ€£

Any how she has had the surgery and it went well .
Uh , spose I better do some housework 😁 before she gets home
Haaaang oooon....... you mean to tell me your wife does the housework as a "woman" while you do toxically masculine tasks like work on cars?!

REpOrTeeeEeeEEeD!!!!
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator

Post by Mc Tool »

Yeah ....whats your point ? πŸ˜†πŸ˜
Major_Tom

Post by Major_Tom »

Just parodying the insanity of the world around us :lol:
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator

Post by Mc Tool »

Well she's home now ..........anyone got a spare bed🀯
Reminds me of that program " The last Alaskans " there was this wolverine with its leg caught in a trap ..........πŸ˜†