I put fizzy mineral water in my washer bottle.

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Major_Tom
Car(s): 2.0S

I put fizzy mineral water in my washer bottle.

Post by Major_Tom »

..because it was all I had in the car. I was hoping for a supreme, bubble assisted clean, a double sparkling crystal clear windscreen wash of unparalleled clarity, like the grime would be lifted from the glass, providing an azure transparency never before experienced.

But the pump just cavitated :lol: I got just a measely squirt and then the wipers smeared the road filth all over the windscreen. So I just reached through the open window and slapped it on, much to the amusement of other passing motorists.

It's important to try new things.
I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Re: I put fizzy mineral water in my washer bottle.

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Major_Tom wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:26 pm ..because it was all I had in the car. I was hoping for a supreme, bubble assisted clean, a double sparkling crystal clear windscreen wash of unparalleled clarity, like the grime would be lifted from the glass, providing an azure transparency never before experienced.

But the pump just cavitated :lol: I got just a measely squirt and then the wipers smeared the road filth all over the windscreen. So I just reached through the open window and slapped it on, much to the amusement of other passing motorists.

It's important to try new things.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Decaf Coffee works very well too Tom... try it mate :wave:
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Tom, Jason once tried vegetation chicken soup in his washer bottle...
Major_Tom

Post by Major_Tom »

It must have been done, but for a filthy prank, someone must have pissed in a washer bottle :lol: you would have to ensure their windscreen was nice and clean first so their journey was well underway before it was discovered.
SCP440
Car(s): Capri Ghia MK3 3.0, Jensen Interceptor MK3, ZTT 260 V8

Post by SCP440 »

Dont put washing up liquid in there either, it will damage the pump and allow algae to grow. I recently had to remove the washer bottle from the wifes Mini Paceman ( 2 hour job) because I suspect the previous owner had done just this. Slime and general detritous was clogging the pump.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

I have to be honest guys but i do feel rather uncomfortable talking about the washer bottle :shock: :wave:
Major_Tom

Post by Major_Tom »

SCP440 wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:51 am Dont put washing up liquid in there either, it will damage the pump and allow algae to grow. I recently had to remove the washer bottle from the wifes Mini Paceman ( 2 hour job) because I suspect the previous owner had done just this. Slime and general detritous was clogging the pump.
I did this during summer and you're right, it smelt of eggy old faeces about two weeks later :lol: mercifully it went away after a second or two, but it was proper minging :lol:
Major_Tom

Post by Major_Tom »

Fordoholic Nick wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:29 am
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Decaf Coffee works very well too Tom... try it mate :wave:
I was talking with Huey at BUMM(ER) and we discussed thoroughly cleaning out the washer bottle, then filling it with fine wine and then plumbing it into the cabin for an invigorating pick-me-up while on a long drive :lol:
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

I'm thinking about all different kinds of fluids and how they may react in a washer bottle, many of which I don't want to think about. So yeah, thanks guys!
Bug
Car(s): Some

Post by Bug »

Back in the 80's the RAF lads based in Germany used to put cheap vodka in the washer bottle in the winter as it was cheaper than the anti-freeze stuff!