Quieter?

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Quieter?

Post by andyd »

Is it me or is it quieter on here recently? Several months ago there seemed to be more comments/threads etc.

Similar on another forum I use, although there is a Facebook page for that one that this one doesn't have so it can't be for that reason :headscratch:
SCP440
Car(s): Capri Ghia MK3 3.0, Jensen Interceptor MK3, ZTT 260 V8

Re: Quieter?

Post by SCP440 »

As you say it is quite but other forums are the same, maybe a lot of people are away at the moment?
andyd

Post by andyd »

SCP440 wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:16 pm As you say it is quite but other forums are the same, maybe a lot of people are away at the moment?
Yes maybe.

I know Facebook has killed off forums somewhat.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

andyd wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:30 pm I know Facebook has killed off forums somewhat.
I'm not registered on Facebook and I never feel like I'm missing out. The Laser Forum is where it's at!
If anything, social media sites seem to cause some people a lot of stress and anxiety.

Andrew.
SCP440

Post by SCP440 »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:35 pm If anything, social media sites seem to cause some people a lot of stress and anxiety.
Agree 100%. social media causes so many problems, my wife and I refuse to even register. So many people spend every waking moment when they are not working on Facebook worrying about what others think of what they are doing or not doing. :shock:
andyd

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:35 pm
andyd wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:30 pm I know Facebook has killed off forums somewhat.
I'm not registered on Facebook and I never feel like I'm missing out. The Laser Forum is where it's at!
If anything, social media sites seem to cause some people a lot of stress and anxiety.

Andrew.
I have access to F/B but mainly use it for family pictures, car related stuff and to get heads up on local car events etc.

It is often quicker to upload pictures on there but I think forums are far better at the end of the day!
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, daily runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto, now also a runaround project
1980 3.0S, crash damage resto
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Currently full up and no more space but I still want a 2.8...

Post by D366Y »

SCP440 wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:23 pm
Andrew 2.8i wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:35 pm If anything, social media sites seem to cause some people a lot of stress and anxiety.
Agree 100%. social media causes so many problems, my wife and I refuse to even register. So many people spend every waking moment when they are not working on Facebook worrying about what others think of what they are doing or not doing. :shock:
:agree:
Social media is a plague upon society and nothing good has ever or will ever come of it

I have noticed it's seemed a lot quieter recently - I used to log on at work a few times a day and check in on the recent posts, now I check every couple of days and sometimes there have been no new posts at all

I guess part is that some people dip in and out of onwership, or dip in or out (or lose interest )in their project, or don't need help so engage less, or maybe simply don't want to get involved with the social aspect of the forum?

Another of life's mysteries haha
A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:
It's me, I'm the wise man.
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Post by Mc Tool »

I dont think its fair to say no good will ever come of it , you could say that about religion , war , same sex marriages ,easter trading ,trans gender surgery ,the www ,cosmetic surgery ( a good set of tits is never a bad thing but natural is better ) and arse implants,........I dont get that at all.
I think the real issue is that peeps use it in a way it was never intended. Facebook gets you into a lot of places .......but Im with you d366y in that I dont have ,need or want it ,and it can be harmful in the wrong ( read young, malicious and immature ) hands.
Maybe the reason it gone quiet is because we have got so #ucking good at fixing our cars . 🙄😆
Sometimes I talk to myself ... and we both have a good laugh
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Keep the noise down guys, im trying to sleep :lol:
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

On “ how to put your mother in law in a home “ forum it’s very busy , some graphic pictures of mother in laws being handcuffed and gagged were removed from Facebook so I think this is why a forum is a lot better place .
Perhaps if we let pinto Nick list his top 10 blue movies this could boost our members ?
Or we could have a few behind the scenes of Andrew and his staff ( Maids ) around his large estate manor home in wales ? As I am sure reading one of his adverts in the welsh & sheep news they have to be 18-25 year old blonds with big , I think it said eyes but I could be wrong . :lol:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Bug
Car(s): Some

Post by Bug »

Maybe it's because all the Capri owners are locked in their garages and afraid to come out in case it rains. :xd: :xd: :xd:
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Post by Mc Tool »

Jasonmarie wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:32 am On “ how to put your mother in law in a home “ forum it’s very busy , some graphic pictures of mother in laws being handcuffed and gagged were removed from Facebook
WHY ? .....Id join facebook just to see that ! , ha ha , you could just send your pix straight to me Jason , instead of re-posting on fb
Sometimes I talk to myself ... and we both have a good laugh
SCP440

Post by SCP440 »

Bug wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:42 pm Maybe it's because all the Capri owners are locked in their garages and afraid to come out in case it rains. :xd: :xd: :xd:
Or there is nothing wrong with any of them so they are all out driving ? :lol:
Major_Tom
Car(s): 2.0S

Post by Major_Tom »

andyd wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:11 pm Is it me or is it quieter on here recently? Several months ago there seemed to be more comments/threads etc.

Similar on another forum I use, although there is a Facebook page for that one that this one doesn't have so it can't be for that reason :headscratch:
Use the excuse of the DVLA "it's coz of covid" :lol:
I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.
mjcapri
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Diamond White Granada 24v

Caspian Blue Sierra XR4i

Stealth Grey Focus RS

Storm Grey Fiesta ST200 (actually belongs to the missus!)

Mean Green Fiesta ST-3

Post by mjcapri »

I do check the forum every few days but I don't always log in (so I end up missing private messages, or is that massages Tom?). :lol:

Being Capri-less I don't often have anything useful/relevant to say. I can tell you all about Fiesta STs though, I have another due to arrive in September.... Plastic fantastic! :D
andyd

Post by andyd »

mjcapri wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:54 am I do check the forum every few days but I don't always log in

Being Capri-less I don't often have anything useful/relevant to say.
Welcome to my world :D
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

mjcapri wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:54 am Being Capri-less I don't often have anything useful/relevant to say.
I've got a Capri, but I still don't have anything useful/relevant to say. :D

Andrew.