Car alarms

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Car alarms

Post by Jasonmarie »

So a question I am looking at upgrading my security this year , and have contacted a few company’s but OMG it’s a minefield .
So looking at a Alarm , immobiliser & Tracker .
Best quote so far is £650 & £9.99 a month for the tracker but when I asked what system it was like what they have on the shelf .?
Great answer that was as it’s like shopping in lidi to Waitrose really ( sorry Paul ) I never been in a lidi so hard to judge . :lol:

With out giving to much away what do you guys use .

Andrew I can’t afford a security officer & 4 trained Dogs with sniper towers each corner :lol:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Re: Car alarms

Post by andyd »

Maybe not the answer you want or that helpful, but personally I would use a disklok and or wheelclamp and possibly a garage door device too, all good visual deterrents :cool:
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

Post by Peter-S »

Just sleep in the car Jason, much cheaper 😁
ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

I have the garage alarmed and use my steering lock with a immobiliser was just wanting some more for when I am out or on the driveway .
Peter I sleep in the shed as it is :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Post by Mc Tool »

Stevemarl had a gang of youths armed with fireworks guarding his Capri.😆😆😂
Sometimes I talk to myself ... and we both have a good laugh
Bug
Car(s): Some

Post by Bug »

Mc Tool wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 5:18 pm Stevemarl had a gang of youths armed with fireworks guarding his Capri.😆😆😂
Yeah, but they all went off. :D
Major_Tom
Car(s): 2.0S

Post by Major_Tom »

Bug wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:56 am
Mc Tool wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 5:18 pm Stevemarl had a gang of youths armed with fireworks guarding his Capri.😆😆😂
I wonder how much he Fawkes out for that service.
I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.
Not_Anumber
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Just sold 1983 2.8 Injection 5 speed. Currently restoring another classic Previously owned 2 Capris. Likely to own another at some point

Post by Not_Anumber »

Major_Tom wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 2:18 pm
Bug wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:56 am
I wonder how much he Fawkes out for that service.
Someone needs a rocket for that.
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Post by Mc Tool »

Aw, now your just doing it to piss me off :D your not punny :xd:
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, daily runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto, now also a runaround project
1980 3.0S, crash damage resto
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Currently full up and no more space but I still want a 2.8...

Post by D366Y »

andyd wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 12:12 pm Maybe not the answer you want or that helpful, but personally I would use a disklok and or wheelclamp and possibly a garage door device too, all good visual deterrents :cool:
I'd agree with Andy - the only way to get a disklok off is either with the key or an angle grinder!
A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:
It's me, I'm the wise man.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

I agree , just was looking for that bit more but if they want it they will have it …
andyd

Post by andyd »

Jasonmarie wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:00 pm I agree , just was looking for that bit more but if they want it they will have it …
Sad but true JM, just make it as awkward as possible!
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

andyd wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:17 am
Jasonmarie wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:00 pm I agree , just was looking for that bit more but if they want it they will have it …
If there were more police and tougher sentences then it would not make it easy for them , I give it a few more years and we will end up like the USA with a gun in the glove box to keep safe
andyd

Post by andyd »

Jasonmarie wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 5:32 pm
andyd wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:17 am
If there were more police and tougher sentences then it would not make it easy for them , I give it a few more years and we will end up like the USA with a gun in the glove box to keep safe
Rozzers are too busy tackling hate crime online!

Chance of catching theiving scum is slim and no real punishment, just give you a crime number for your insuerance. Pile of :turd:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

A few years ago, just after I bought my Capri and was deciding which forum to join, this one or the inferior one, I chose this forum as the members here seemed so much more friendly and helpful. It seems times have changed.
Not_Anumber wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 3:40 pm Someone needs a rocket for that.
Major_Tom wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 2:18 pm I wonder how much he Fawkes out for that service.
Bug wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:56 am Yeah, but they all went off. :D
Given the circumstances, those are disgraceful comments.
Should we have been supporting our friend, and respected forum member, who had recently experienced a harrowing situation, or should we have been making cheap jibes?

I've said my piece.

Andrew.
Bug

Post by Bug »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:02 pm A few years ago, just after I bought my Capri and was deciding which forum to join, this one or the inferior one, I chose this forum as the members here seemed so much more friendly and helpful. It seems times have changed.
I was being equally flippant for 5 years before you joined. It appears your due diligence may have missed me. :D
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator

Post by Mc Tool »

Aw well ,if we are get all formal about it maybe we should have a vote ...............so whats it to be lads , cheap jibes or friendly support ? :xd: :lol: :lol:
yeah , and anyhow we can (and do) offer friendly support AND can still have a bit of a pisstake ( Im doin it to you now :P :P ) .
Major_Tom
Car(s): 2.0S

Post by Major_Tom »

Bug wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 2:39 pm
Andrew 2.8i wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:02 pm A few years ago, just after I bought my Capri and was deciding which forum to join, this one or the inferior one, I chose this forum as the members here seemed so much more friendly and helpful. It seems times have changed.
I was being equally flippant for 5 years before you joined. It appears your due diligence may have missed me. :D
This forum has always been compared to a friday night down the pub. Having a laugh and a joke and ribbing each other is part of the fun. We all go through it. My queries often degenerate into mickey taking, without me getting the info I need :lol:

What you have to remember is that nothing actually happened to his Capri. Some kids just let off fireworks on fireworks night. With that in mind why is joking around so "disgraceful"? I could understand if something bad had happened, sure, we wouldn't joke around then. But it didn't.

Honestly, this snowflake generation ;) :lol:
I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator

Post by Mc Tool »

:agree: , yup , Friday night winding down from the weeks toil , bit of jocularity ,bit of ribbing . Funny how someone unconnected with the comments sees fit to wait some 3 weeks and then admonish us for our "disgraceful comments ".
Looks like Stevemarl has packed a shitty too, not posted since nov 9th .....just lurking . . Shame . But I gotta ask stevemarl ,seems like you spent the night in front of your cctv screen working yourself up into a stressed out state.....did it do you any good ?😊
Bug

Post by Bug »

Mc Tool wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 1:08 am :agree: , yup , Friday night winding down from the weeks toil , bit of jocularity ,bit of ribbing . Funny how someone unconnected with the comments sees fit to wait some 3 weeks and then admonish us for our "disgraceful comments ".
Looks like Stevemarl has packed a shitty too, not posted since nov 9th .....just lurking . . Shame . But I gotta ask stevemarl ,seems like you spent the night in front of your cctv screen working yourself up into a stressed out state.....did it do you any good ?😊
To be fair mate, not everyone has the same sense of humour. The amount of times I nearly wound up getting punched after I left the RAF as civvies didn't see the joke!
Oh and Major Tom told me I should never pull your leg either? :xd: