Angle Grinders £10

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Angle Grinders £10

Post by pbar »

Aldi are selling angle grinders at just £10, worth getting even as a spare which is what I've just done. My current one which I use was from Aldi and I've had it years so they do last.
Supercharged Nat
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Supercharged 2.1 (daily driver- when it works)

Re: Angle Grinders £10

Post by Supercharged Nat »

Good to know! Only last year did i replace a pair of £10 Focus DIY ones i bought when they close down, many years ago. Its a fatmax one which seems ok, again only paid £10 for it.
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Post by Mc Tool »

I have had my Ryobi 100mm grinders , one for 35 years from new the other 3 are made up of dead ones I bought on line for nix , just fitted new bearings and seals . But a grinder for 10 quid would be hard to pass up .
Sometimes I talk to myself ... and we both have a good laugh
pbar

Post by pbar »

Supercharged Nat wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:52 pm Good to know!

Thanks Nat, thought it was worth mentioning, absolute bargain.
pbar

Post by pbar »

Mc Tool wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:02 pm But a grinder for 10 quid would be hard to pass up .

Dead right Hamish, I did walk past them a couple of times thinking I just don't need one, but the other voice, the devils one, and let's face it, the red guy is far more fun, he has the best tunes for a start, told me at that price you have to get it, if only to keep for a spare, although I know that a lot of people have more than one to a avoid changing disc types as much. Anyway I got one, thinking actually I should have got a couple.
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Post by Mc Tool »

You need at least 4 100mm grinders
Wire wheel , flap disc , cut off wheel , and grinding disc . If Im building a trailer ( as you do )I just got sick of swapping out discs ect . I usually fit longer heavy duty cords too .
My Dad just gave me a 150mm Hitachi grinder . WTF ? the guys a lawyer ,why does he need a big grinder ...." Oh , I had some fly buys about to expire and ......I never had a grinder before ...."
Stish704
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 2.8 injection special. Weekends only!
Sierra Sapphire- rolling restoration.
Vauxhall Movano- the company vehicle.
Vauxhall Mokka. The wife’s!

Post by Stish704 »

I wouldn’t buy one as I’d burn it out to quick. I’m happy with my makita cordless, dewalt corded one, 9” grinder and 12” stihl petrol saw. Thinking about it, I don’t need anymore :xd: :xd:
pbar

Post by pbar »

Just thought I'd mention that Aldi have had cordless angle grinders in recently at just £9.99. Impossible to not buy at that price. In fact, after I tested/played with it for a while I was that impressed I bought another as a spare, from Aldi's website as they were the same price on there. Battery is not included but all their power tools use the common battery. So much easier being able to just pick up and use without being tethered, surprisingly so.
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, daily runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto, now also a runaround project
1980 3.0S, crash damage resto
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Currently full up and no more space but I still want a 2.8...

Post by D366Y »

pbar wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:59 pm Just thought I'd mention that Aldi have had cordless angle grinders in recently at just £9.99. Impossible to not buy at that price. In fact, after I tested/played with it for a while I was that impressed I bought another as a spare, from Aldi's website as they were the same price on there. Battery is not included but all their power tools use the common battery. So much easier being able to just pick up and use without being tethered, surprisingly so.
I have seen a range of their power tools in the middle aisle but always been put off by the lack of the battery, where do you get one from Paul?
A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:
It's me, I'm the wise man.
pbar

Post by pbar »

Aldi sell the batteries too Danny, if your store doesn't have any in stock you could always get them from their website, Aldi sell online too.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Here's the link to the battery Danny

https://www.aldi.co.uk/20v-40v-battery/ ... 7606706500
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator

Post by Mc Tool »

I have Makita stuff , got the drill 1st (15 years ago now ) and about 2 years ago I got a skillsaw (brushless ).
Im sorta locked into Makita coz I have the batteries (15 years old and still real good ) and the charger . Im going for the grinder next.
The drill has enough grunt to break your wrist , the saw ....not so much. It cuts well because it has a thin sharp blade but wont tolerate anything but perfectly straight cuts otherwise the blade jams ...so no minor corrections mid cut .
The biggest issue is that you quickly get used to just grabbing the tool and going for it ....so when you pick up something that needed to be plugged in......it doesnt work (you'd think the trailing cord would be a clue ........but no😁 ) .
Most of this modern stuff has built in protection to prevent overloading , which is fine but there is nothing quite so satisfying ( specially if things are not going well )as leaning into a whole 1500watts of angle grinder 😆😆
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, daily runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto, now also a runaround project
1980 3.0S, crash damage resto
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Currently full up and no more space but I still want a 2.8...

Post by D366Y »

pbar wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:30 pm Aldi sell the batteries too Danny, if your store doesn't have any in stock you could always get them from their website, Aldi sell online too.
Never knew they had an online store to be honest! Will be checking there more often me-thinks!!
Fordoholic Nick wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:57 am Here's the link to the battery Danny

https://www.aldi.co.uk/20v-40v-battery/ ... 7606706500
Thanks for this Nick, will give it a gander!!
A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:
It's me, I'm the wise man.