wanted front and rear laser seats
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

Re: laser front and rear seats ,

Post by Peter-S »

Alanandsylvia1 wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:44 am wanted front and rear laser seats
Whereabouts are you?
ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr
Major_Tom
Car(s): 2.0S

Post by Major_Tom »

Peter-S wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:53 am
Alanandsylvia1 wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:44 am wanted front and rear laser seats
Whereabouts are you?
It's classified top secret.
I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

Major_Tom wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:00 pm
Perhaps he/she is under George Cowley. Very abrupt request isn't it. Nearly as bad as when something is offered for sale, but they will not put a price.
Major_Tom

Post by Major_Tom »

pbar wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:45 pm
Major_Tom wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:00 pm
Perhaps he/she is under George Cowley. Very abrupt request isn't it. Nearly as bad as when something is offered for sale, but they will not put a price.
I am rewatching all The Professionals currently, it is so funny how Top Secret CI5 is, yet everybody from street thugs to international crime bosses not only knows what CI5 is, they also know to name drop Cowley when they're in a spot of bother :lol:
pbar

Post by pbar »

I know what you mean Tom, but, to explain that I don't think CI5 is actually a secret organisation, it's dealings are but CI5 itself is known, as MI5 is. And the thugs you mention are/have had, previous involvement, much like an established grass might be. It's cool that you're re-watching it all, fabulous classic series.

James Bond is far worse, he is a supposedly secret spy, Britain's finest. Yet he will go to some far away country and the first person that sees him says, Ah, Mr Bond!
Major_Tom

Post by Major_Tom »

It's great, some totally ludicrous episodes though where CI5 is involved for some really flimsy reasons. All good stuff though!

Have you seen the original start credits? They only lasted a few episodes as it looked a bit gay :lol:

https://youtu.be/r07rKI9rB3Q
pbar

Post by pbar »

I have Tom, yes. The latest restored versions from the superb Network On Air have everything as nature intended. You can see why they were changed but I kind of like them, Cowley and the boys screeching to a destination to....go on an assault course! Then rushing through it at breakneck speed to....dart off again!

It's impossible to watch this series and not wish to be Lewis Collins, who pretty much became Bodie in real life.
Major_Tom

Post by Major_Tom »

Interesting, is it in the correct 4:3 aspect ratio? They cut the top and bottom off a lot of these shown on TV remastered versions to force fit it 16:9, it's a sin!
pbar

Post by pbar »

Yes Tom, the Network On Air release is 4:3. I can't recommend that distributor enough, have a few of their releases, often cheaper than amazon too, and free postage. The Professionals looks incredible, there was a feature/comparson on their restoration process, might still be on youtube. Massive amount of extras on the discs also.

Completely agree, sometimes the aspect ratio change can be horrible.
Major_Tom

Post by Major_Tom »

I got into an amusing disagreement with ITV4 over the forced 16:9 aspect ratio issue affecting The Sweeney, Minder etc, which began with them saying my telly was not set up correctly and culminated in them saying they paid an external contractor to do the "work" (chopping off about 15% of the picture) and that the feed back was that people liked it, and me saying it was an insult to the efforts of the cast and crew that produced it, because the framing of every shot was claustrophobic and the direction ruined.

Needless to say that's as far as it went and the last time I watched old shows on ITV4 :lol:
pbar

Post by pbar »

Good on you for having a go at them Tom. I'd like to know why the prints they insist on using are so poor, it is like they found them at the bottom of a river or something, so heavily cut too.
Noel
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 2.8i
Range Rover
M140i

Post by Noel »

On this topic, was watching the Persuaders earlier in the year with the kids, and it had the chopped 4:3 to 16:9 thing. It was ridiculous because it was so zoomed in the fights looked like a joke (and the fights in the Persuaders stuff is pretty un-serious to start with).
Found that someone has uploaded all the episodes on Youtube in HD and in the proper 4:3 ratio. They look really great, so we watched those instead.
pbar

Post by pbar »

Again, the Network On Air release of The Persuaders is superb, fully restored, loads of extras and correct aspect ratio. Great series that with two supreme stars.