Global Warming

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
stevemarl
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 1.6 laser

Global Warming

Post by stevemarl »

With all this fuss, electric vehicles, heat pumps, homeless polar bears, meetings of world leaders etc there is a rather obvious solution that would solve this within a year or 2. I`m sure if President Trump was still in office, he`d sort it. The following refers to one of the largest ever volcanic eruptions, Indonesia 1815:
The eruption in 1815 emptied about 50-150 cubic km of magma and measures 7 on the VEI scale. It produced a giant plinian eruption column, which is estimated to have reached more 40-50 km altitude, ejecting large amounts of ash and aerosols into the stratosphere.
While the death toll of people living on Sumbawa and surrounding coastal areas was high enough, even more fatalities can be attributed to the indirect effect of global climate deterioration after the eruption. These changes turned 1816 into the "year without a summer" for much of Europe, causing widespread famine. It is estimated that it caused the death of over 100,000 people.
The reason for the climatic changes was increased absorption of sunlight due to a veil of aerosols (consisting mostly of tiny droplets of H2SO3 acid, formed by SO2 release) that were dispersed around both hemispheres by stratospheric currents from the tall eruption column. Global temperatures dropped by as much as 3 deg C in 1816

Bomb a few volcanos - Job done!
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Re: Global Warming

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Yeah, but some protesters will probably sellotape their heads to the side of the volcano or something.... :lol:

Andrew.
stevemarl
Donator
Donator

Post by stevemarl »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:06 pm Yeah, but some protesters will probably sellotape their heads to the side of the volcano or something....
Bloody luddites! Some people just cannot accept progress.
OK, in 1816 the pursuant famine DID wipe out most of the population of China, and resulted in Typhus decimating the population of Europe - but we`re out of Europe now, so who`d care? Definitely one for Trump`s 2024 manifesto.
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, daily runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto, now also a runaround project
1980 3.0S, crash damage resto
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Currently full up and no more space but I still want a 2.8...

Post by D366Y »

Almost, if we wiped out a large portion of the population surely less people would mean less global warming??
The maths all adds up :lol:
A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:
It's me, I'm the wise man.
stevemarl
Donator
Donator

Post by stevemarl »

Absolutely Danny - it`s win win!!!
Bug
Car(s): Some

Post by Bug »

All very good when it's 'we' and 'they', but when this volcano erupts in Essex you may not be so keen on the idea. ;)
stevemarl
Donator
Donator

Post by stevemarl »

Nah Martin, Johnny Foreigner`s got all the volcanos and let`s be honest they are, always have been and always will be, expendable.
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, daily runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto, now also a runaround project
1980 3.0S, crash damage resto
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Currently full up and no more space but I still want a 2.8...

Post by D366Y »

Bug wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:34 pm All very good when it's 'we' and 'they', but when this volcano erupts in Essex you may not be so keen on the idea. ;)
I mean, if it clears out the TOWIE lot I'm more than happy to let it go off! :lol:
Don't worry, the closest active volcanoes to us are either Vesuvius or that one in Iceland!
A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:
It's me, I'm the wise man.
Major_Tom
Car(s): 2.0S

Post by Major_Tom »

By the way, Mr. Global Warming now identifies as Ms. Climate Change.
I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.