Capri spotted on tv

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Re: Capri spotted on tv

Post by andyd »

B@fink wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:19 pm Well, nearly TV, YouTube on my telly. Goodwood road and race channel have just (well, last week) posted the 78th member meeting historic races, Jake Hill in a 3 litre Capri drifting it round goodwood being chased by a 302 boss mustang in 1 race and a Camero in the other. Absolute nip and tuck, big American V8s pulling away on the straights, nimble Capri dancing around them in the twisties. Marvellous stuff. And the 3 litre sounds epic on the onboard. If anyone is interested in such things that is.
I always enjoy that racing you can't beat the V6s and V8s battling it out, and the Minis are always good too :cool:
stevemarl
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 1.6 laser

Post by stevemarl »

I remember when I was a kid, World of Sport I think it was or maybe Grandstand, Saturday afternoon they often used to have, is it called rally-cross????, where they seemed tp be racing round a track of pure mud, sliding around everywhwere. Particularly remember mud encrusted Mk1 Capris and Minis battling it out... great entertainment!
andyd

Post by andyd »

stevemarl wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:30 pm I remember when I was a kid, World of Sport I think it was or maybe Grandstand, Saturday afternoon they often used to have, is it called rally-cross????, where they seemed tp be racing round a track of pure mud, sliding around everywhwere. Particularly remember mud encrusted Mk1 Capris and Minis battling it out... great entertainment!
I watched rallycross too Steve it's great, and on a combination of gravel and tarmac with not too many laps so never boring :cool:
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

stevemarl wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:30 pm I remember when I was a kid, World of Sport I think it was

ITV4 is frequently showing excerpts from World Of Sport, and they are soooo good! All kinds of sports, I'm sure rallying has been on one of them somewhere. On a recent one I watched, they had doudle decker bus racing, it was great.
pbar

Post by pbar »

andyd wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:37 pm I watched rallycross too Steve it's great, and on a combination of gravel and tarmac with not too many laps so never boring :cool:
I remember watching one once on a Saturday morning, and I was that impressed with the way they had the stages and scoring, that I emulated it straight after on my large scalextric layout.

andyd

Post by andyd »

pbar wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:53 pm
stevemarl wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:30 pm I remember when I was a kid, World of Sport I think it was

ITV4 is frequently showing excerpts from World Of Sport, and they are soooo good! All kinds of sports, I'm sure rallying has been on one of them somewhere. On a recent one I watched, they had doudle decker bus racing, it was great.
How strange, I put ITV4 on at 06.00 this morning and the first thing I saw was double decker racing on a 80s sport programme :cool:
pbar

Post by pbar »

Hehe great stuff Andy! Keep a lookout for the other shows, it's worth it.
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

Post by Peter-S »

The other half called me in to the room to see a nice red MkI in the tv show Dalgleish last night which I had decided to give a miss - there was a nice E type in the same scene. Even the other half thought it was the best bit of the program. Keeping clear was a wise move on my part it seems!
ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr
pbar

Post by pbar »

Nice one Peter, always a happy moment to spot them isn't it. To be honest I watch that many older/classic shows that I see Capri's a lot and tend not to mention them or post pics all the time now. Spotted a couple in Return Of The Saint the other day. Great series, I can remember the hype and popularity it had.
andyd

Post by andyd »

pbar wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:26 pm Nice one Peter, always a happy moment to spot them isn't it. To be honest I watch that many older/classic shows that I see Capri's a lot and tend not to mention them or post pics all the time now. Spotted a couple in Return Of The Saint the other day. Great series, I can remember the hype and popularity it had.
Dempsey and Makepeace is a good watch to spot the old cars, some good Fords too inc Garanda, Capri and early Sierra :cool:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Did anyone catch the Corgi "Screen Stars" boxed set shown on Coronation Street?
One of characters had bought one and was proudly showing it off to somebody else.

I didn't get a screen capture, but here's a photo of the set:
ImageCorgi CICC91990 Screen Stars Ford Capri Mk3 3.0 Twin Set by Andrew 2.8i, on Flickr

Andrew.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 9:53 am Did anyone catch the Corgi "Screen Stars" boxed set shown on Coronation Street?
One of characters had bought one and was proudly showing it off to somebody else.

I didn't get a screen capture, but here's a photo of the set:

Andrew.
That's a nice pair :D

Possibly the most well known Capris on T/V, and as I said before I would happily own Doyles gold one VHK11W :cool:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

I've been sent a screenshot of the scene in question...

I don't know the names of the characters, but the chap mentioned he drove a Capri back in the day. Good man!

Andrew.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

andyd wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 11:03 am That's a nice pair :D

Possibly the most well known Capris on T/V, and as I said before I would happily own Doyles gold one VHK11W :cool:
The set is quite good value when compared to the cost of buying Vanguards individually. Dare I say it's reasonably priced? :D

Andrew.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 11:07 am
andyd wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 11:03 am That's a nice pair :D

The set is quite good value when compared to the cost of buying Vanguards individually. Dare I say it's reasonably priced? :D

Andrew.
At basically £35 each inc p&p, I would say very reasonable in comparrison to others available :) https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/314105170251 ... R8bA4bufYQ
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

andyd wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 11:16 am At basically £35 each inc p&p, I would say very reasonable in comparrison to others available :)
I bought mine on pre-order at £54 including postage, so £27 per car compared to £32.50 for regular releases.
The Corrie chap didn't mention how much he paid...

Andrew.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 11:36 am
andyd wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 11:16 am At basically £35 each inc p&p, I would say very reasonable in comparrison to others available :)
I bought mine on pre-order at £54 including postage, so £27 per car compared to £32.50 for regular releases.

Andrew.
:cool:
Andrew 2.8i wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 11:36 am

The Corrie chap didn't mention how much he paid...

Andrew.
:lol:
Haven't watched it for years, is Ena Sharples still in it :headscratch:
pbar

Post by pbar »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 9:53 am Did anyone catch the Corgi "Screen Stars" boxed set shown on Coronation Street?

Yes, I was alerted to that too, definitely one of those 'wow' moments! I think the character, Stu, stated that his back in the day was 'Cosworth blue'.
andyd

Post by andyd »

pbar wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 5:41 pm

Yes, I was alerted to that too, definitely one of those 'wow' moments! I think the character, Stu, stated that his back in the day was 'Cosworth blue'.
I think that colour was the 2.8 Laser :headscratch: :)
Major_Tom
Car(s): 2.0S

Post by Major_Tom »

andyd wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 2:45 pm
pbar wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 5:41 pm

I think that colour was the 2.8 Laser :headscratch: :)
Don't be silly Andy - that marque didn't exist.

It was a colour option for the 3.0 Injection.
I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.