Where are they now.....? Any one help?

Use this forum to post you cars pictures, history and modifications.
flamair
Car(s): Past owner of an E reg 2.8i and a concours 2.0S

Where are they now.....? Any one help?

Post by flamair »

Hi All

Hello to everyone on here, my first post!

I have owned Capri's for many years but am currently not in possesion of one of these fine cars! I am keen to find out the fate of two of the Capris I have owned however...

My first wasa concours 2.0S in white, reg A141 KFD, sold in 1998 (with much sadness, to a lad from the Tamworth area.) I would love to hear how this car is now doing. I believe it is still around as it shows SORN on the DVLA site. My other car was a black 2.8i reg E887 YTV part ex-ed in 2001 to Polar Ford in Bradford. This vehicle hasn't been taxed since 2002 so I fear the worst. A great shame as I had rebuilt it and fitted uprated brakes, suspension etc.

Any one know anything about these two Capris? I'd love to hear about them......

I am just about to start a new job so will be looking for a 280 Brooky at some point in the next year or so....watch this space... :D

Cheers

Ian
AndyH
Car(s): 1998 Ford Transit (daily work van)
1986 2.0 Ford Capri (my project and fun car)
1998 BMW 318is
1999 Ford Cougar 2.5 V6

Re: Where are they now.....? Any one help?

Post by AndyH »

Hi Ian, welcome to the capri laser page.

Hope you find what your looking for. Get some pics up once ya got a 280. Not an awful lot of them left now so prices are on the rise so best of luck with your search.

AndyH

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :lowrider:
Bug wrote: A barge is often pulled by one horse, usually in a straight line....
A Capri is propelled by as many 'horses' as possible.......hardly ever in a straight line!!!
Bug
Car(s): Some

Post by Bug »

Hi Ian,
Can't help with locations but I'm sure I remember your white 'S'.
Wasn't it the one that appeared on an almost monthly basis in the CCI mag back in the late 80s/early 90s? ............and at several of the shows too?
Not a bad one at that, I seem to recall. Shame it moved on really.
flamair
Car(s): Past owner of an E reg 2.8i and a concours 2.0S

Post by flamair »

Yes it was featured in many articles and won many shows over the years. It was better than new concours and I wouldn't have ever sold it if finances hadn't made it necessary. Deep regret now but that's life! Anyone else come across either vehicle at any point?
Zackspeed280
Car(s): Westfield 2000 Sport Carbon Aero
Alfa 156 Sportwagon 20V
Capri 2.9 24V 280 Supercharged (in queue)
Capri 3.1 Mk2 X-Pack JPS Sprint car (in queue)
Capri 2.8 Tickford replica (wedding car in super smooth black!)
Capri 2.8 Zakspeed Turbo replica (Sold)
Capri Mk3 convertible shell for sale - mint floor etc

Post by Zackspeed280 »

Good luck with finding your old cars - I think you can pay the DVLA for the address of the owner but that may only be if you own the car and are tracking it's history?

I'd love to have my first car again - RPP601R 1.6GL Mk2 in white with a black vinyl roof and webasto sunroof. Sold in 1991 unfortunatly with a very big dent in the passenger door!

The next capri I bought, in 1992, well I still have it and I'm pulling it out of the garage any day soon as I put it away in a dry garage mid through converting it to a convertible in 1995!!!
andyc
Car(s): 2.0s

Post by andyc »

Hi Ian
Just to let you know A141 KFD is still in good health. I bought her off Darren from Tamworth back in March 2002 with 39,000mls and the car has only done 45,000 now! I use the car for summertime / weekends only so is still pampered. I took the car to Santa Pod classic ford show back in 2008 and won best club car there.

I don't post / view this site very often (this is my first post), just one of our club members noted your post a few months ago and mentioned it to me at (Lancashire Capri Club).

Good luck with your search for another capri - i think you will be shocked how much these cars have increased in value especially the V6 cars!

I live in the Manchester area and show around the northwest Tatton, Woodvale, Trentham etc - so may bump into you sometime.

All the best
Andy
darren
Car(s): Had 2.8 2.0 s

Post by darren »

Hi ian and andy im the middle man you speak of Darren from Tamworth
I too have wondered what happened to the car since I sold it and would love to bump into it at another show.
Once I bought the car from ian I quickly realised it was special so had to get myself a cheap runaround capri and started to show kfd at a few shows, it was one of 4 cars selected to show at classic and sports car show at the nec and also done the capri club shows at Stoneleigh Coventry whilst I had it. Reluctantly I too had to sell as I was just buying my first home and my mom needed her garage back.
I would love to see the car again so if I gave you my e mail address andy I would be grateful in seeing it once again if you do anymore future shows in the area, trentham and tatton is only an hour drive as im still in Tamworth.
I hope I have filled in a few pieces of the jigsaw with my post and hope to hear from either of you soon.
So nice to hear it is still going
Thanks again
Darren (Tamworth)
e mail address: [email protected]
Andy1963
Car(s): Was the original owner of a white ford 20s A141KFD

Post by Andy1963 »

Hi Ian i woke up this morning thinking about my white 20s Capri A141KFD don't ask me why, i type in the car reg number into my phone and was very surprised to see photo's of her and you and other people asking about her. If the new owner of her what's to talk to me about her i would be happy to do so, i still have all the medal's and trophies, photo's and video's of her, inc some parts for her that i swopped and lots of stories about her.

Andy
Last edited by Andy1963 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
laserdude
Car(s): capri

Post by laserdude »

Hi Ian,
Sadly your Black 2.8 injection Special E887 YTV ended it's days in a Nottingham scrapyard think it was called ASJ, never seen so many Capri's in one place there were at lease 50 in the yard. It had bad front end damage and was a bit rusty from what I can remember. I bought the front struts and rear axle off it. The guy who owned the yard told me all about the car only thing I can remember is that he said it originally came from Nottingham when new. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but at lease you now know.

Tom.
Notts 53
Car(s): black 2.8 injection

Post by Notts 53 »

We bought the black 2.8 E887YTV new from Hangers on Mansfield Road in Arnold.
Major_Tom
Car(s): 2.0S

Post by Major_Tom »

I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Major_Tom wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:46 pm Image
These days the sign would say "Officer and cars won't bother to respond, but you will get a crime reference number instead".

Andrew.