Carcoon Covers

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
Essexsoulboy
Car(s): Capri 280

Carcoon Covers

Post by Essexsoulboy »

I've been looking at getting a carcoon cover for my 280, just wondering if anyone else on here has one? They seem to come in different sizes and I'm not sure which one I should go for.I have a question though, I keep my battery on a trickle charger as the car is not used a lot, not sure if I can run a charger lead from the battery to the garage power source if the car is encased in a carcoon,surely if I have to poke a a cable through somehow that defeats the object of having the car sealed with a regulated air flow.Many thanks.
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Re: Carcoon Covers

Post by Mc Tool »

I have never used anything like a carcoon . If your charging a battery would you not have to give some consideration to the build up of explosive gas in your carcoon , ( Im thinkin hindenburg 💥🔥☠️😆 ) . It aint that hard to hoik the battery and they are easier to check over whilst on the bench.
Sometimes I talk to myself ... and we both have a good laugh
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

In a recent Capri Club magazine there were some comments about these as regards to problems someone had. I don't have experience of them myself though.
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Maybe a good quality indoor cover would be better?

I used old bed sheets and always removed the negative battery lead that stopped battery drain :cool:
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

andyd wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:36 am
I used old bed sheets
That's as good as anything, and as you once pointed out Andy, its easy to expose an area of car to be worked on whilst protecting the rest of it.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Essexsoulboy wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:35 pm They seem to come in different sizes and I'm not sure which one I should go for.
Hi,
The smallest size Carcoon that the Capri will fit in is a size 4.

On their website the distributors actually state that they supply one of their own power and charge units with every Carcoon.

Andrew.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

One of My neighbours Porsche was in a cocoon what takes up more room when in storage also make sure the bottam is on a hard service .
Also leave the air vent at the back open so it keeps dry with no condensation. Also leave window open and drain the rear wash bottle. As if air can not flow inside the car your get damp and smell .

Next time I am up the garage I will have a look at what make it is .

All you can put the car away wet as well with the vent open as it drys out very quick .
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer: