Professionals Style

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Professionals Style

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Hi, was just looking back over some photos when times were more normal and this day with John brought back fond memories. Hope it's not long we can return back to something that resembles normal :)

This photo was taken before social distancing was applicable :lol: :lol:
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Re: Professionals Style

Post by andyd »

Bodie; 3 inches? Doyle; No 4! :)

Hope John is well, please send him my regards when you speak to him next :cheers:
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

Good pic Nick. That Professionals shot is from the last episode (Spy Probe) but did you know that there was a series after that, as below, and it's pretty good.

Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

andyd wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:17 pm Bodie; 3 inches? Doyle; No 4! :)

Hope John is well, please send him my regards when you speak to him next :cheers:
:lol: :lol:

John is good Andy. I'll pass on your regards mate. Hope you are well too mate. Seems like ages we last met. You won't recognise B112 next time.... :lol: :lol:
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

pbar wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:38 pm Good pic Nick. That Professionals shot is from the last episode (Spy Probe) but did you know that there was a series after that, as below, and it's pretty good.

Thanks Paul. :)

I've not seen this "New Professionals" but did hear of it. It gets mixed reviews prob cause of the Americans in the cast :lol: but based on your valued opinion I think I will buy the dvd series box set and give it a go. Thanks Paul :)

This photo I took with John's capri seems like ages ago now but was a great day. I took a few from different angles so will look them up and post a couple more. Just nice to look back on days like this and hope we'll get back to this soon.

Cheers Paul :)
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Here's some more photos of our close encounter of the Capri kind... :lol:

Ps Mine is the Lacquer Red Capri :wave: :lol: :lol: :lol:

pbar

Post by pbar »

Fordoholic Nick wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:17 pm
I've not seen this "New Professionals" but did hear of it. It gets mixed reviews prob cause of the Americans in the cast :lol: but based on your valued opinion I think I will buy the dvd series box set and give it a go. Thanks Paul :)
If you do decide to get it, it's cheapest here I think, direct from the distributor -

https://networkonair.com/all-products/2 ... ete-series

And those are more great pics Nick, and I bet you didn't approach each other quite as fast as Bodie & Doyle did when they did it :)
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

pbar wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:34 pmIf you do decide to get it, it's cheapest here I think, direct from the distributor -

https://networkonair.com/all-products/2 ... ete-series

And those are more great pics Nick, and I bet you didn't approach each other quite as fast as Bodie & Doyle did when they did it :)
Brilliant !!! Just ordered the dvd series from your link. Looking forward to watching it now. Thanks Paul :)

Re the photos John parked up his and I came speeding around the garage blocks and slammed on my brakes perfectly to end up but a couple of inches from John's stunning Special. John was perfectly happy for me to do this.......honest Paul....

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Post by Mc Tool »

Fordoholic Nick wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:09 pm You won't recognise B112 next time.... :lol: :lol:
Yeah , it will have one of them tacky 8 ball gear knobs on it 😉😆
Sorry Nick , but I just dont get why after getting your car looking as flash as it does you'd want one of them , not even nice to use ......but who would I be to infer you have no vehicular taste when you obviously have 🙂.
I seen one tother day that has a big l e d that showed what gear your in , got a small battery and some sort of motion sensor I assume .
Sometimes I talk to myself ... and we both have a good laugh
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Mc Tool wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:30 am Yeah , it will have one of them tacky 8 ball gear knobs on it
Mc Tool wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:30 am Sorry Nick , but I just dont get why after getting your car looking as flash as it does you'd want one of them , not even nice to use ......but who would I be to infer you have no vehicular taste when you obviously have 🙂.
I seen one tother day that has a big l e d that showed what gear your in , got a small battery and some sort of motion sensor I assume .
:lol: Thanks Hamish. I'll take the bit about my vehicular taste as a compliment my friend :)

Mate I know these pool ball gear knobs are a bit like marmite so as I hate marmite I'm hoping I will love the pool ball and it's less than a min to change it back. Never tried one before and always fancied one. Report to follow...... :wave:

I'm not sure about the led thing though, that's a step to far for me Hamish...
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Post by Mc Tool »

The led knob thing is probly for the guy who already has the afr meter stuck to the A pillar and disco light speakers , bit nifty all the same , but nah.
Gee ,I remember the times we'd roll up to the country pubs whilst piss cruising , only to find some arsehole ( probly knew him 😁) had half inched the 8 ball. Beats the shit outa me how they'd drill a hole in one of them .......now theres a thing , with all of the pool balls ever getting the shit bashed outa them ......I never saw a broken one .....nor bowling balls neither.
Sometimes I talk to myself ... and we both have a good laugh
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Fordoholic Nick wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:09 pm
andyd wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:17 pm Bodie; 3 inches? Doyle; No 4! :)

:lol: :lol:

John is good Andy. I'll pass on your regards mate. Hope you are well too mate. Seems like ages we last met. You won't recognise B112 next time.... :lol: :lol:
:cool: All ok Nick, itching to get out and burn some petrol :lowrider:

Brooklands 50th 17 months ago last time I saw most of you! Fingers crossed we can get back out soon, look forward to seeing 112 it has changed quite a bit :cheers:
Major_Tom
Car(s): 2.0S

Post by Major_Tom »

Fordoholic Nick wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:17 pm
pbar wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:38 pm
Look, Michael Caine didn't have a gun so he is pretending to hold one.
I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Major_Tom wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:39 am
Look, Michael Caine didn't have a gun so he is pretending to hold one.
Dont be silly Tom, that's not Michael Caine pretending to hold a gun ....its The Equaliser :lol: and his pretend gun is more dangerous than a real one. !!!!! :lol: :lol:

Hmmm, wonder if he's related to Denzil Washington :lol:
pbar

Post by pbar »

Fordoholic Nick wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:45 pm
Brilliant !!! Just ordered the dvd series from your link. Looking forward to watching it now. Thanks Paul :)

Superb :) The essence of the original series is there and you just can't beat some action adventure escapism TV. Hope you enjoy it too Nick.
pbar

Post by pbar »

Fordoholic Nick wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:45 pm
John parked up his and I came speeding around the garage blocks and slammed on my brakes perfectly to end up but a couple of inches from John's stunning Special. John was perfectly happy for me to do this.......honest Paul....
Nick, you could tell me anything and I'll believe it :) Although two inches sounds a bit far fetched, looks more like two and a quarter in the pics.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

pbar wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:27 pmSuperb :) The essence of the original series is there and you just can't beat some action adventure escapism TV. Hope you enjoy it too Nick.
Thanks Paul :) I watched a trailer and they've actually kept the famous signiture music too which is a nice touch. Yes Paul from the trailor alone I can deffo sense how they've tried to keep the essence of the original series as you say so looking forward to watching this. Thanks again mate :)
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

pbar wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:30 pm
Nick, you could tell me anything and I'll believe it :) Although two inches sounds a bit far fetched, looks more like two and a quarter in the pics.
OK Paul , I will come clean my good friend. :)

John was only happy for me to do this if I strictly agreed to keep to two and a quarter inches rather than two. :lol:
Taff50ish
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 2.8 Injection Special, every few days.
VW Tiguan for daily & boaring runs.
Triumph Speed Triple 1050, Now unfortunately gone...
Triumph 1200 Tiger XCA instead... Now also gone.
Tiger XRT instead... No, gone too...
BMW R1250RS Exec... Try this one out (old man syndrome).

Post by Taff50ish »

Hi all,

Yep, I'm still lurking about in the background here, just not had much to post about.... Well, there is one thing I think I can talk about now it's all finished, with a BIG thank you to Nick for his assistance, but that will have to be a new thread.

Hi Andy, thanks for the hello... Hope you're all keeping safe & well.

Both me & Nick were chatting about this 'Photo Shot' the other day planning our next Capri get together!!! But no plans yet, this was a cracking day getting the Capri's into position, as Nick say's, very quick & easy!!! :xd: :xd: :xd:

Cheers for now all,

John...
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Recieved in post. Looking forward to seeing what this series is like..thanks Paul :)