New Car Programme on TV Soon

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Re: New Car Programme on TV Soon

Post by andyd »

Fordoholic Nick wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:55 pm
andyd wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:05 pm For those interested, a new series of Salvage Hunters Classic Cars starts on Quest January 6th at 9pm https://www.carsceneinternational.com/u ... 021-01-06/
Nice one Andy. Thanks for this heads up mate :)

I will set the Tivo to tape this. Yep Drew is a bit of a plank but still enjoy the show. Didn't he throw a pair of headrests on the floor when they were doing the Capri has they were not fishnets.... fucking idiot !!! :lol:
andyd wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:12 am
I'm not staying awake to 10pm watch Drew, but no doubt catch it on a weekend repeat.
That explains why Devon is so quiet at night... everyone goes to bed at 10pm with a cup of hot chocolate and a copy of Whizzer and Chips :shock: :lol: :lol:
I can just tolerate him enough to watch it and yes he did throw the headrests :wank:

I like watching Salvage Hunters Restorers, but feel sorry for them having Drew around wanting to be the expert!

I'll leave the late nights to you bus drivers :wave:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

stevemarl wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:38 am Oh I don`t know, as I write there`s `Doctor Pimple Popper` on Really, where you can see people having their abscesses drained...
That actually sounds quite good compared to all the rubbish I've been watching ! :lol:

Andrew.
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Post by Mc Tool »

Ugh ,Dr Pimple popper ......would you ever believe people would watch this shit......A feckin mericans , why unless you have a particularly notable festering of your own and want to compare . The scary part is what next🥺 ? TV proctology " arseholes, up close and personal" starring Dr Richard Butts and his magic middle finger.🖕
covering topics such as
DIY polyp ligation (fatties will need a mirror )
Probe your prostrate
and the ever popular, object retrieval ( not lookin at anyone in particular 😆 )for those of you who "slipped and landed on something in the shower" .....or the back lawn 😆
Sometimes I talk to myself ... and we both have a good laugh
stevemarl
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 1.6 laser

Post by stevemarl »

Mc Tool wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:55 pm TV proctology " arseholes, up close and personal" starring Dr Richard Butts and his magic middle finger.🖕
covering topics such as
You`re way behind Hamish - we had Celebrity Colonic Irrigation at least 10 years ago! I`m not joking, it really, really happened!. And who could forget Rebecca Loos `pleasuring` a pig on some `Celebrities on a Farm` programme.
My `favourite` (?) is Gogglebox, which if you`ve never seen it, is a programme where you watch groups of people in their homes, watching TV. They comment on what they see. That`s it. Can`t help thinking whoever pitched this to a programme editor did it as a joke, thinking `we`ll never get away with this, it`ll NEVER get commissioned???`
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

stevemarl wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:56 am You`re way behind Hamish - we had Celebrity Colonic Irrigation at least 10 years ago!
Now look what you've done. I was trying to erase that from my memory.....

Andrew.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

stevemarl wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:56 am My `favourite` (?) is Gogglebox, which if you`ve never seen it, is a programme where you watch groups of people in their homes, watching TV. They comment on what they see.
Don't hate me........but I actually find Gogglebox quite entertaining. Never in a million years would I have thought I would, but I do !

Andrew.
stevemarl
Donator
Donator

Post by stevemarl »

Andrew,
All I can say is, we used to watch `The Word`, toe-nail clippings and all. One can never take the high ground after that! :lol:
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:05 pm
stevemarl wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:56 am My `favourite` (?) is Gogglebox, which if you`ve never seen it, is a programme where you watch groups of people in their homes, watching TV. They comment on what they see.
Don't hate me........but I actually find Gogglebox quite entertaining. Never in a million years would I have thought I would, but I do !

Andrew.
I must admit I also love a bit of gogglebox :lol: but also record “ Have I got news for you “ with some “ Last Leg “ at the end .
I call marie Mary when she cry’s at stupid stuff on the TV :lol:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Post by Mc Tool »

Oh yeah , the Waltons .....gets me everytime😢😰🤧
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

stevemarl wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:04 pm All I can say is, we used to watch `The Word`, toe-nail clippings and all. One can never take the high ground after that! :lol:
I used to watch it in the Amanda deCadanet days. The programme was quite high-brow then, but seemed to dumb down after she left........ :lol: :sarcasmalert:

Andrew.
stevemarl
Donator
Donator

Post by stevemarl »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:05 am used to watch it in the Amanda deCadanet days. The programme was quite high-brow then, but seemed to dumb down after she lef
Absolutely agree: in fact I always get them mixed up, de Cadanet and de Beauvoir ... ;)
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

New series of Bangers and Cash starts tomorrow (March 4th) on Yesterday Channel at 8pm :!:
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

andyd wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:42 am New series of Bangers and Cash starts tomorrow (March 4th) on Yesterday Channel at 8pm :!:
I did see that andy nice find also new car sos nextweek on the geography channel I think with a mini metro :lol: but the fast one .
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator

Post by Mc Tool »

Fordoholic Nick wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:55 pm Yep Drew is a bit of a plank but still enjoy the show. Didn't he throw a pair of headrests on the floor when they were doing the Capri has they were not fishnets.... fucking idiot !!! :lol:
Actually ,not that surprized he didnt like them ,probly wears fishnets under his big boy pants . :gay:
Caprigear
Donator
Donator

Post by Caprigear »

If you're going to watch any of the car programmes, watch Fantomworks. It's the most honest, upfront of any shows, the best since Mark Evans did his restoration projects.
The rest are just TV bullshit.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Caprigear wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:37 am If you're going to watch any of the car programmes, watch Fantomworks. It's the most honest, upfront of any shows, the best since Mark Evans did his restoration projects.
Yes Martin, I agree mate Fantomworks is a great show and one of the better ones for sure. I love it. The work they do is just outstanding and I really like Dans honesty with customers and his attention to detail is just mind boggling, but even this is show is not without the "guaranteed drama" every episode where the customer is "shocked and in despair" when Dan tells him the car is fucked more than the owner realises and needs another $60,000 to do the proper job, Always goes to an advert on the back of the owners shocked face only to return for them to be perfectly happy to give Dan another $50,000 to play with on top of the already estimated $50,000 :lol: :lol:

But of all the shows this one gets me into the worse trouble with Mrs F as she's always going on at me cause I usually have about 25 episodes taped on our tivo box !!! She even knows when I'm watching it now if she is out of the room as she knows Dans voice. She shouts from the bathroom "is that Dan you're watching again" :lol: :lol: :wave:

I just checked and I have only got 13 episodes of Fantomworks taped at the moment...I need to get more back up !!!
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Mc Tool wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:35 pm Actually ,not that surprized he didnt like them ,probly wears fishnets under his big boy pants . :gay:
Hamish, according to Jason wearing fishnets under pants is very comfortable and stops any unwanted rash burns !! He keeps sending me an invitation to join a facebook group he is a member of called " Men in fishnets" but I keep declining...... :shock: :wave:
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

Fordoholic Nick wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:19 pm
Mc Tool wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:35 pm Actually ,not that surprized he didnt like them ,probly wears fishnets under his big boy pants . :gay:
Hamish, according to Jason wearing fishnets under pants is very comfortable and stops any unwanted rash burns !! He keeps sending me an invitation to join a facebook group he is a member of called " Men in fishnets" but I keep declining...... :shock: :wave:
You have been accepted mate now as you got the make up question wrong :lol: :lol: :lol:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

I keep forgetting to watch Bangers and Cash!
Thank goodness the episodes are available to watch on the internet.

Andrew.
ESSEXV6ESSEX
Car(s): Car

Post by ESSEXV6ESSEX »

I like them and try and watch them all when I can. I think the new series of Bangers and Cash though looks a little bit like left over footage, maybe because of coronavirus I don't know if thats the case but it certainly looks infill. Watched SOS the other night, RIc Wood at his very best AGAIN, I wish I had enough money for him to do me a car. I often find SOS ends depressingly as often people die so don't know sometimes how I feel about the investments made on 300k cars for owners never really being able to enjoy them and hey inheritance takes over. Also sometimes I can clearly see some of these clients have money behind them so surely if the car was that important they could have paid for the restoration themselves or thier families could. I agree with Martin, fantom works is a good show. I don't take any of them seriously they are about selling advertising space for TV companies and that's it, Tim Shaw and Brewer just play characters to make something of the programmes mildly entertaining. The only one really I can't stand is Vintage Vomtahey, I don't like the concept and it's very samey. Take old car, take engine out and replace with an electric motor and find somewhere to put the battery yawnnn zzz.