wheeler dealers

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
stevemarl
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 1.6 laser

wheeler dealers

Post by stevemarl »

Watched the early Peugeot 205 episode last night: on the drive back to garage, the car starts to produce loads of smoke. This is diagnosed as either the clutch (which could make sense), or the gear linkage. Turns out it was only the gear linkage???
Maybe needs some lateral thinking here, but how exactly does the linkage make smoke? What did I miss?
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Re: wheeler dealers

Post by andyd »

Good point Steve, I'm no mechanic but smoke from a gear linkage :headscratch:

It's as though the show is aimed at people that haven't got a clue about cars so believe anything they are told :?

I'm sure every car Brewer looks at has already been gone over by Ed or another mechanic, so the budget and parts are already sorted well in advance!
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

I have not really enjoyed the usa wheeler dealers and did catch the wheelers dealer with the Mercedes what was the 1st one Christ they look so young :lol: . But I agree with Andy they are checked before Brewer does his peace to camera.
Will check it out again when Elvis joins the team in the U.K. . With his “ Blue Suede Shoes “ :lol:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

stevemarl wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:32 am Watched the early Peugeot 205 episode last night: on the drive back to garage, the car starts to produce loads of smoke. This is diagnosed as either the clutch (which could make sense), or the gear linkage. Turns out it was only the gear linkage???
Maybe needs some lateral thinking here, but how exactly does the linkage make smoke? What did I miss?

You're not on your own Steve, I watched this last night too (are you remembering the HD :) ) I wondered the same thing. I just came to the conclusion that it was incorrectly edited or an error.
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Post by Mc Tool »

andyd wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:18 pm

It's as though the show is aimed at people that haven't got a clue about cars so believe anything they are told :?
Aah ; right , so who all watched it ?🤣 ,3 of yiz so far 😀😆
Sometimes I talk to myself ... and we both have a good laugh
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Mc Tool wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:24 am

:wave:
It's annoyed me for years, often things that don't add up :?

Now I tend to watch the mechanical bits and turn the rest off :cool:
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Post by Mc Tool »

andyd wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:16 am
Mc Tool wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:24 am

:wave:
It's annoyed me for years, often things that don't add up :?

Now I tend to watch the mechanical bits and turn the rest off :cool:
Im not good to sit with watching telly, (Di will not watch Corro with me in the house let alone the same room ) but ,yeah , technical stuff that is either wrong or total bullshit grates me , as do relevant things being omitted . I think Mark Evans and Pete mate were the best 🙂, I like a bit of clowning around 😃 amongst the tech stuff .
Sometimes I talk to myself ... and we both have a good laugh