RIP Sean Connery

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

RIP Sean Connery

Post by andyd »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-54761824

The best James Bond in my opinion.

:cheers:
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Re: RIP Sean Connery

Post by Paul G »

As Bond I preferred Roger Moore but nevertheless Sir Sean Connery's passing is very sad and a big loss for the film industry and for all of us.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Yes, very sad to hear this Andy. I really liked Sean Connery as Bond too and was one of my fav but I have to say I do really like the latest Bond too Craig Daniel. Really slotted into the role but I know it's a different type of Bond nowadays so very tough to compare old and new. . But that apart still a very sad day to hear Sean Connery has passed. Very sad indeed :cry: :cry:

And in a couple of days J P Williams and Nobby Stiles also passed. Two legends in their own rights too. :cry:
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

R.I.P. Sir Sean.
ESSEXV6ESSEX
Car(s): Car

Post by ESSEXV6ESSEX »

Sad indeed. When Craig goes I fear that's the end of Bond. It will either be a woman orr someone the woke brigade want. Neither for me. Bond is what he is.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

R I P mr bond .
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
stevemarl
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 1.6 laser

Post by stevemarl »

ESSEXV6ESSEX wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:11 pm will either be a woman orr someone the woke brigade want.
Didn`t you know, that`s already in the pipeline, next 007 IS a black woman (Bond has `retired` I believe). Presumably trans in later films...

Guess Broccoli is not with our man Pierce Brosnan, who said he wants the 007 keepers to “put a woman up there.” And we’re with him. Yes, No Time To Die is the most diverse Bond installment yet, featuring a black, female 007, played by Lashana Lynch, and a writing credit from Fleabag hero Phoebe Waller-Bridge, but it's unfortunate that the producers are unwilling to extend this progress to its iconic lead character.

A lead character called James Bond, who was a man! Progress? Why is silly woke grovelling seen as `progress`?

One absolutely HAS to be diverse at all costs (including plausibility).
Last edited by stevemarl on Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Post by Paul G »

Bugger diversity and political correctness.
stevemarl
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 1.6 laser

Post by stevemarl »

Just for clarity, and before I get criticised for being reactionary/racist/ transphobic: nobody should be excluded or ostracised for their colour, gender, sexuality - that`s a given, 100%. But - there`s a big difference between `acceptance` and, almost, promotion. Trans for example: changing your gender is NOT a lifestyle choice, it`s a problem. It is NOT a normal part of growing up. All the hate JK Rowling`s had for suggesting that the NHS is too willing to help confused kids along the way to re-assignment.... The shit Germaine Greer got for daring to say, out loud, that "you`re not a woman if you don`t have a womb".... Of course you`re not!!!
Apparently now the word `Woman` itself is transphobic, one should use the term `people who menstruate` instead to denote ladies who were born ladies (as opposed to wannabe ladies). I`m not joking either.
The world has gone completely **** ing crazy.
Major_Tom
Car(s): 2.0S

Post by Major_Tom »

I don't think your body has much to do with you really. Its a vessel, a throw of the dice, and you have a body and set of sex organs. Society then gets involved and makes some people feel they have the wrong body, because they identify internally as something different, something which society says is not fit for their gender.

I could have sexual reassignment surgery to give me sexual organs analogous to a different gender, but I would still have broad shoulders and small hips and a tall male body.

What I should probably do is accept there are things I cannot change and things I take for granted. My body works, it works well, its a good throw of the dice. I should be thankful for that rather that try and change aspects of it to try and make it something I'm never going to be.

Its society trying to assign roles to people that does damage. How much of you is you, how much is what you're told you should act like through identity or gender politics?

Bond to the issue of society and gender in 8 replies! We're getting good at this!
I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.
ESSEXV6ESSEX
Car(s): Car

Post by ESSEXV6ESSEX »

Well I did hear something was on the horizon.

I heard Live and let Bi, Goldie finger were on the cards maybe Trans Euro Express is coming then.
Major_Tom
Car(s): 2.0S

Post by Major_Tom »

Lets not forget the Non-Binary Individual with the Golden Gun
I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

Paul G wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:55 pm As Bond I preferred Roger Moore
Me too Paul. I love that sarcasm-but-with-charm he just has a way of delivering, he gets beat up, thorwn on the floor, the bad guy says you're coming with us, and he'll say 'how could I refuse such an irresisitable invitation'. Pure class. Love him in the Persuaders too. Plus, he made the Bond films during the sensational 70s, a great period in time, and a lot of the best Bond stuff (the lotus coming out of the water, Jaws the villain, the best theme with Live & Let Die, etc) are in the Roger Moore films.

Sean Connery is a film icon for sure, one of the very last of that breed to go, a true star. I read somewhere that he was the first Scot to represent Britain in the Mr. Universe contest.