Mk2 Front Wiper Arms

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
wested
Car(s): Mk2 Ford Capri

Mk2 Front Wiper Arms

Post by wested »

Hi, wanted to ask the Capri owners in the know a question...
I have a Mk2 Capri S that ever since I’ve owned it has exposed nuts (snigger) at the base of the wiper arms.
Now, for the life of me I can’t find any Ford covers for these, so wondered if anyone else might have these same wiper arms on there cars and could supply a photo so I know what I’m looking for?

Or are these not Ford wiper arms at all & have actually been replaced at some point in the cars life?

If anyone can shed any light on this, it would be helpful.

D366Y
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, daily runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto, now also a runaround project
1980 3.0S, crash damage resto
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Currently full up and no more space but I still want a 2.8...

Re: Mk2 Front Wiper Arms

Post by D366Y »

I have no idea about how the Mk2 wiper arms were made but the Mk3 have these little clips over the ends
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Capri-w ... SwNcBfit84

Can see how it fits on the whole arm here
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Capri-W ... SwP2VfOXT4

I'll leave one of the gurus here out to let you know whether or not the current ones are original Ford fitment but may be worth looking at changing them if it bothers you?

Cheers
Danny
A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:
It's me, I'm the wise man.
Goz
Car(s): Ford Capri mk2 1600GL, BBC slingshot dragster build project. 1200 Bandit daily driver

Post by Goz »

I had the same trouble with mine. i was told that they are original mk2 wiper arms.
one day i was scrapping a vw polo(6n2) and noticed they had similar caps. i had to cut the bottoms down a bit because they were too tall but now fit perfect
check eBay item number:164314751170 it gives the measurements to double check but im sure these are the same as i fitted
wested

Post by wested »

Post by Goz » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:23 am

I had the same trouble with mine. i was told that they are original mk2 wiper arms.
one day i was scrapping a vw polo(6n2) and noticed they had similar caps. i had to cut the bottoms down a bit because they were too tall but now fit perfect
check eBay item number:164314751170 it gives the measurements to double check but im sure these are the same as i fitted

Hey, thanks so much for that information Goz!
I’ll get some ordered and post back with photos if they fit okay. 😀
STEVEW
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.3S
Project

Post by STEVEW »

wested says,
I’ll get some ordered and post back with photos if they fit okay.
Nice to see that someone appreciates tips and advice given and offers to give the all important feedback.

There is a certain jerk that disdains to answer questions asked to help him/her solve a problem.
You know they are out there because not long after he/she is all over the Q&A section like a rash asking more questions.
wested

Post by wested »

Goz wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:23 am I had the same trouble with mine. i was told that they are original mk2 wiper arms.
After ordering a pair of wiper arm caps, as instructed by Goz, they were delivered this week & I tried fitting them to the Mk2 Capri.

Did they fit?? Drum-roll.......tada!
Yes - they fit! And they look the business. No more looking at exposed nuts!!
Huge thanks to Goz for your insight! :D
Hopefully this thread may help someone in the future.

As promised, a quick photo of an installed cap.