MOT

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

MOT

Post by andyd »

There is now a mass panic to get a test :doh: https://www.itv.com/news/2020-09-30/cov ... wn-backlog

If only drivers had used some common sense and got a test over the summer as many of us did :?
Dallas
Car(s): Ford Capri 1.6 Laser. MG TF 135 BRG. MG ZT 190 V6. Dacia Sandero Stepway.

Re: MOT

Post by Dallas »

I had two cars MOT'd yesterday, but I had to wait 6 weeks as they were fully booked. :o
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

I have mine nextweek but booked in advance as I never got the extra six months .
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Mk3 Mags
Car(s): 2.0 Laser (semi-retired)

Post by Mk3 Mags »

Precisely why I ignored the extension and took mine for MOT in August, when the sun was shining, the roads were quiet and the garages too.
Major_Tom
Car(s): 2.0S

Post by Major_Tom »

andyd wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:51 am If only drivers had used some common sense and got a test over the summer as many of us did :?
Yes it's almost like everyone has been distracted by a big emergency ;)
I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

andyd wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:51 am

If only drivers had used some common sense and got a test over the summer as many of us did :?
I'm one of those people who didn't Andy :lol: :wave:

Jeepers don't normally get anything FREE from the government so I'm making the most of it !!!! :)

Rang my mot this morning for an appt week after next and any time slot avaliable. Not seen a single queue anywhere near me. Don't know what mot station ITV use but I'd steer well clear :lol: :lol: :lol:
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Major_Tom

Post by Major_Tom »

Fordoholic Nick wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:37 pm
I'm one of those people who didn't Andy :lol: :wave:

Jeepers don't normally get anything FREE from the government so I'm making the most of it !!!! :)

Rang my mot this morning for an appt week after next and any time slot avaliable. Not seen a single queue anywhere near me. Don't know what mot station ITV use but I'd steer well clear :lol: :lol: :lol:
I am with you on all points there. Got three months left on mine and Daisy got an appointment two days after calling.

Whilst looking at the news can be useful, I guess, I always balance it with walking around and looking at things and asking questions. Reality increasingly seems less and less represented by the news. It's like they are all jostling for website hits and sales of newspapers. Facts and balance is hard to get from them and there's rarely any ccountability for poor journalism.

They're doing well out of it at the moment though, like the boy that cried wolf, they've been sensationalising their scare stories for years, SARS, H5N1 bird flu, Zika virus, milennium bug.. now they can report on how irresponsible people are not taking this one seriously, acting sanctimonious while forgetting they are precisely the cause of millions of people's doubt and mistrust. It's quite depressing really.
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Post by Mc Tool »

We have a news outlet that likes to print all the sensational bullshit ,and then print the corrections / retractions a day or so later. Its becoming more entertainment than information ......and we are leading up to an election so the shit is neck deep :drama:
Sometimes I talk to myself ... and we both have a good laugh
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

As some of you may know, my Capri is currently off the road for a while, so the supposed queues for an MOT aren't an issue for me.
Tragically, what is an issue is that the garage where I take my Capri for it's MOT burned to the ground last week. It must be devastating for the owner as he's lost everything.

Andrew.
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:24 am
Tragically, what is an issue is that the garage where I take my Capri for it's MOT burned to the ground last week. It must be devastating for the owner as he's lost everything.

Andrew.
:o That is bad news Andrew :(
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

andyd wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:04 am :o That is bad news Andrew :(
I'm sure the insurance will cover some of the loss, but it won't compensate for the hours of work he's put in over the last few years building a bespoke sports tourer that was lost in the fire.

Andrew.
Major_Tom

Post by Major_Tom »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:11 am
andyd wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:04 am :o That is bad news Andrew :(
I'm sure the insurance will cover some of the loss, but it won't compensate for the hours of work he's put in over the last few years building a bespoke sports tourer that was lost in the fire.

Andrew.
No way! Poor fella.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

So no more early MOT pictures , what a shame but the insurance should help him rebuild the business :beer:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer: