I'm back......

Use this forum to post you cars pictures, history and modifications.
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Re: I'm back......

Post by Caprifan Rob »

Cheers both, missing driving in general, haven’t even used the daily as I’m off work. Hoping this will be all over soon & just be a bad memory. Looking forward to burning petrol :D
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Caprifan Rob wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:21 pm Looking forward to burning petrol :D
Typically petrol is quite cheap at the moment, 107.9 litre at Tesco yesterday :roll:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Caprifan Rob wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:00 pm Rolled out the Capri for its sixth anniversary with me & ran it up to temperature, shame the drive is the furthest it’s going at mo, roll on when all this is over. Hope everyone is well.

Looking as good as ever, Rob!
At this rate, you'll be topping the forum annual mileage chart...... :lol:

Andrew.
Caprifan Rob

Post by Caprifan Rob »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:22 pm
At this rate, you'll be topping the forum annual mileage chart...... :lol:
:lol: Keep safe Andrew.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Thanks to a Facebook member on Capri World, a nice little finishing touch.
Janspeed Decal.jpg

And yes the other side has one too :D
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

andyd wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:10 am Thanks to a Facebook member on Capri World, a nice little finishing touch.
Janspeed Decal.jpg
That should increase the BHP looks good sir .
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Caprifan Rob wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:00 pm Rolled out the Capri for its sixth anniversary with me & ran it up to temperature, shame the drive is the furthest it’s going at mo, roll on when all this is over. Hope everyone is well.

Hey Rob, Sorry fella but only just seen this mate :doh: :lol:

What a great photo of your stunning 2.8i :applaud: What a truly beautiful Capri and congratulations on this being your sixth year of ownership. Just a dam shame this year is what it is ! I miss your pics up on the Breacon Beacons to pick up an icecream :wave:

Take care Rob

All the best

Nick
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Caprifan Rob

Post by Caprifan Rob »

Fordoholic Nick wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:38 pm I miss your pics up on the Breacon Beacons to pick up an icecream :wave:

Nick
:lol: Looking like next year now for the ice cream, Capri has been long forgotten about at moment, busy doing garden in lockdown. Back to work in November.. plenty of time to finish it :D
Caprifan Rob

Post by Caprifan Rob »

andyd wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:10 am Thanks to a Facebook member on Capri World, a nice little finishing touch.
Janspeed Decal.jpg
Nice trumpet Andy :whistle:
andyd

Post by andyd »

Caprifan Rob wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:52 pm
Janspeed Decal.jpg
The best trumpet money can buy Rob :)
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

andyd wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:49 am
Weber do nice trumpets too guys :wave: :lol: :lol:

Andy those deacal stickers for your Janspeeds are great. Love em.!!! It's all about the detail :applaud:
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
andyd

Post by andyd »

Fordoholic Nick wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:31 pm
andyd wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:49 am
Weber do nice trumpets too guys :wave: :lol: :lol:

Andy those deacal stickers for your Janspeeds are great. Love em.!!! It's all about the detail :applaud:
Trumpets or Crumpets :lol:

I thought about it for a while before I put them on, but yes I think the decals look good.

:cheers:
andyd

Post by andyd »

After a chance conversation, HAY has gone to it's new owner also in the south west region.

I still like the Capri and classic car scene and will always be around it, but no longer desire to own one. Time to move on with something I can get more use from.

I felt like this about a year ago, but decided to stick with it. Sadly 2020 has made me realize we don't know how long we have left so should go after what you want :)

I will still be on here as I have been in the past when Capri less, giving my views and opinions I've learned through my years of classic Ford ownership :lol:

Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Post by Paul G »

Oh Andy, sorry to hear that. So long as you replace it with something nice and even more importantly stay as a member/contributor on here.

All the best. Paul.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Paul G wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:28 am Oh Andy, sorry to hear that. So long as you replace it with something nice and even more importantly stay as a member/contributor on here.

All the best. Paul.
Thanks Paul!

Alot of good people on here so I will always be around :cool:

I don't drink, smoke and rarely go out (Boris would like me :lol:) cars are my only interest (After family). So saving for a UK Mustang V8 Coupe, and have my name on a few dealers books. Always wanted one since I saw them in 2015 and decided now is the time to take the steps :cheers:
Brooksy
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1987 2.0 laser (fair weather car)

Post by Brooksy »

Hey Andy

Totally get your reasons for selling and I'm sure HAY will be well looked after by it's new owner.

I look forward to the day when you call or text to say you've purchased a V8 Mustang!

Hopefully get to catch up sometime soon pal.

:ford: :goodluck: :cool:
andyd wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:25 am After a chance conversation, HAY has gone to it's new owner also in the south west region.

I still like the Capri and classic car scene and will always be around it, but no longer desire to own one. Time to move on with something I can get more use from.

I felt like this about a year ago, but decided to stick with it. Sadly 2020 has made me realize we don't know how long we have left so should go after what you want :)

I will still be on here as I have been in the past when Capri less, giving my views and opinions I've learned through my years of classic Ford ownership :lol:

Nige Image
andyd

Post by andyd »

Brooksy wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:39 am Hey Andy

Totally get your reasons for selling and I'm sure HAY will be well looked after by it's new owner.

I look forward to the day when you call or text to say you've purchased a V8 Mustang!

Hopefully get to catch up sometime soon pal.

:ford: :goodluck: :cool:
andyd wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:25 am After a chance conversation, HAY has gone to it's new owner also in the south west region.

:cheers: Nige
Mk3 Mags
Car(s): 2.0 Laser (semi-retired)

Post by Mk3 Mags »

This made me feel sad, but I can’t help but agree. 2020 has made me realise that if you don’t do what you want to do now, you may never ever get to do it. The best of luck to you Andy.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Mk3 Mags wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:06 pm This made me feel sad, but I can’t help but agree. 2020 has made me realise that if you don’t do what you want to do now, you may never ever get to do it. The best of luck to you Andy.
Hi Mags,
This year has kicked me up the backside to do something I've been thinking about for a while but then dismiss again :?

Not getting any younger so need to tick that box :D
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

Yes very strange year , and it’s not getting any better . So will keep a eye out for what your next toy will be sir :beer:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer: