Ford Capri Laser D605 CDU on ebay

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
samholmes

Ford Capri Laser D605 CDU on ebay

Post by samholmes »

Hi guys please be careful if you bid for this Capri Im Simon Holmes and i was not a family relation of the original owner . This as been made up my the dealer
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Re: Ford Capri Laser D605 CDU on ebay

Post by andyd »

Are you saying dealers don't always tell the truth :lol: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Capri-L ... Swr~hfUAac
Had my eye on it to see what it goes for, could be a valuation guide especially for Laser owners ?

Mine has a similar past being off the road from mid 90's until 2016, but hardly any history though it's obvious the 54k miles is genuine.

Personally bodywork/overall condition is far more important than service history, although it is nice to read through.
samholmes

Post by samholmes »

I sold it for 8750 in jan
it is a good car but not how the dealer is making it out .
i repaired / repainted a few panels due too avcident damage .
Powder coated most black items ie bumpers and engines parts . .
He s making out its untouched so buyers beware .
samholmes

Post by samholmes »

Ps on his website hes asking 19995 for it . !
samholmes

Post by samholmes »

When i advertised it on here and car and classic i had no interest in it . He was the only guy to call about it . Funny how people think dealers must be right re values . At the time he told me it was for his use and would not be selling it otherwise i would not have sold it to a dealer as i loved the car just lost my garage .
samholmes

Post by samholmes »

Ps i cant believe hes made up the story about me being a Family Relation to try to increse its value . That is so so dishonest . Ive asked him to remove my name and that lie from advert . !
andyd

Post by andyd »

Found your for sale thread viewtopic.php?f=15&t=53566 I remember it now!

Dealers are often the ones that set the future prices, although in this case it's bids going in for it. Hopefully any winner will see through any description :bullshit: or the best thing is to view before bidding! £19995 does seem alot for a Laser, that's up around V6 money but capri prices are all over the place at the moment so never surprised.

Been on the end of that more than once with a crap purchase price implying they are doing you a favour, then put £0000 on for re sale.

It's mostly the collectors that want the low mile/ownership so it's a beating stick for more ££ when they move it on :spank:
Major_Tom
Car(s): 2.0S

Post by Major_Tom »

Oh Mr and Mrs Cooper owned it? No way, that adds 8000 pounds to the price. To think that the regal arses of the Coopers once graced those seats. I would love to buy it, but sadly the queues of sightseers and relic hunters would make any attempt at privacy impossible.
I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

I have also been watching this as the prices are going higher and higher on the capris and since that book out last year on the pinto engine has made the price higher :cool:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
andyd

Post by andyd »

Just read this paragraph that confirms what the OP stated;
"The paint is 95% factory original. The front valence has been repainted, part of the near side quarter panel due to a scratch on the wheel arch and a small section of the scuttle panel on the drivers side . The repainted items were obvious done when the car was very young because the paint match is fantastic and unless you are trained in bodywork you will not notice."

Fairly honest advert I think so will see where it ends at, although won't be surprised to see it re listed in a few days :?
samholmes

Post by samholmes »

All the painting was done by myself in the last four years
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Post by Mc Tool »

Jasonmarie wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:31 am I have also been watching this as the prices are going higher and higher on the capris and since that book out last year on the pinto engine has made the price higher :cool:
What book on the pinto engine ?
Sometimes I talk to myself ... and we both have a good laugh
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

Mc Tool wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:55 am
Jasonmarie wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:31 am I have also been watching this as the prices are going higher and higher on the capris and since that book out last year on the pinto engine has made the price higher :cool:
What book on the pinto engine ?
That one what come out last year . Did the Capri sell ?
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
samholmes

Post by samholmes »

No and all the bidders were the dealers mates bidding it up . He told me as i complained about him lieing i was a family relation and putting my full name in add without asking me and also saying Mr Cooper had died when he hsd not .
samholmes

Post by samholmes »

Its a nice capri but its not a twenty grand untouched one . I did loads work to it . I thinks it worth 12 k ? .
The problem with it not running in end was the failed resistance wire in loom which had to be replaced im told by dealer .
samholmes

Post by samholmes »

He spent time and money on it ie new rad and fixed problem and now id say 12 k ? Does anyone agree . He wants 19995 for it !
samholmes

Post by samholmes »

I would never bid for a classic car on ebay . Losds seem to get bid up by Private bidders sell then get relisted cos the bidders were not genuine
stevemarl
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 1.6 laser

Post by stevemarl »

until it was passed to the second owner Mr Simon Holmes

Can`t even get name right, always a bad sign.
andyd

Post by andyd »

The above listing has all signs of this seller several years ago, that has had several Ebay adverts https://car-from-uk.com/sale.php?id=32347&country=uk

Also Oxforshire but then known as The Doctor!
samholmes

Post by samholmes »

Your right i think the Doctor was in Farrington and so is this dealer . Good spot