Capri film shooting!

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Major_Tom
Car(s): 2.0S

Capri film shooting!

Post by Major_Tom »

So me and Daisy went to Rochester as they wanted to have "old and modified cars" in a music video, by a band called The Hunna. So we went down! It was filmed in an old Napoleonic (maybe?) fort, at Fort Borstal, near a prison.

In the wait before the shoot appeared a crazed spanner salesman with her selection of ring spanners.

Then the crew arrived. They loved mine, stuck an emblem on the front and got shooting.

Lead singer in my car. Nice bunch of people.

"Can we sit on it?"

"Yes, but keep to the edges and avoid the sunroof."

We had fun trying to find the place, including the fastest 180 degree turn in a Capri ever, no video of it unfortunately (unless the CCTV from the prison shows it :lol: )... they do love to pivot their weightless back end around the weight of the engine in the mildest dewy conditions don't they. If only there was some easy fix for it....... :whistle:

Had a good explore of the fort as well to kill time, brought torches and crept through lots of cellars and ammunition stores and gun emplacements, minus the guns. No pictures for some reason. There were two dwellings there too, I was astounded, I'd love to live here!

Before any moody old killjoys go on about it, all the cast and crew were tested before filming and Daisy and I were sensible.

Had a great time. Oh, and had a scary moment on the way back on the M25 at about 22:00 when I ran out of electricity. Alternator wiring has a fault, so don't want to replace it again until I've sorted it out. Anyway, thought it'd make it back, if it didn't thought I'd get some warning, but no apparently not, suddenly no lights, no spark, coasted to a stop on hard shoulder. But you can't get two cars alongside each other for a jump start on the hard shoulder, and I had no hazard lights or anything :shock:

Miraculously, an accident 30 seconds before (lorry ended up with a car perpendicular to its nose) meant the road was closed. Pushed 70 yards down the road into a runoff type area before Dartford tunnel, got alongside Daisy, quickly swapped batteries over, jump started her then and got home on her battery as she charged mine! About half way through that, the road reopened.

And a traffic officer actually was helpful by eventually coming over to see what was going on (they were watching us for ages) and putting his Landy behind us with his nice big hazards on.

Fun times!
I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Re: Capri film shooting!

Post by Caprifan Rob »

That must have been an excellent experience Tom. Fun & a privilege to have your car as the lead in the video. If you get sent the link please post it up, great tattoos too on the ‘spanner lady’ :D
Major_Tom

Post by Major_Tom »

Caprifan Rob wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:39 pm That must have been an excellent experience Tom. Fun & a privilege to have your car as the lead in the video. If you get sent the link please post it up, great tattoos too on the ‘spanner lady’ :D
Will do 8-)
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Wow.!! How cool is this Tom. Love it.!!!! Can't wait to see the finished video. Hope they're a decent band mate and their music does your Capri justice...but having said this your capri will rock to any music fella :lol: :lol:

Great that Daisy looks to have got in on the action too. Love those bonnet stripes on hers !!
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Major_Tom

Post by Major_Tom »

Fordoholic Nick wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:52 pm Wow.!! How cool is this Tom. Love it.!!!! Can't wait to see the finished video. Hope they're a decent band mate and their music does your Capri justice...but having said this your capri will rock to any music fella :lol: :lol:

Great that Daisy looks to have got in on the action too!!
It was Daisy that found the info actually. Yes, not sure if it's my thing music wise, but having said that I was whistling the tune for three days straight afterwards so maybe it is. Modern life is confusing like that. Very nice bunch of lads though, wish them the best. That lead singer was in love with the Capri... I told him he'd have to get one now 8-)
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

You was right on my door step , great pictures and looking good .
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Post by Mc Tool »

lady and the spanners looked nice ,just the thing to tighten one's nuts. :lol:
The bonnet stripes do look good ,seems that everyones capri I have seen here has something I like ,and I have a bit of a montage to go off when I get mine painted.
Sometimes I talk to myself ... and we both have a good laugh
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, daily runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto, now also a runaround project
1980 3.0S, crash damage resto
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Currently full up and no more space but I still want a 2.8...

Post by D366Y »

The stripes do look sweet, I've not seen many over here with stripes on and Daisy's looks great with them - really suits the car and colour :)
A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:
It's me, I'm the wise man.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

That looks like a great experience and both cars look great.

Andrew.
Major_Tom

Post by Major_Tom »

Thanks, yeah was fun 👍
Noel
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 2.8i
Range Rover
M140i

Post by Noel »

I like two things in this.
1 Spanner ladies thighs
2 Slot mags.
Major_Tom

Post by Major_Tom »

A man of taste I see 👍
Terra-Kotta
Car(s): Pinto/crossflow guru.

Post by Terra-Kotta »

I’d smash the atlas out of that
Major_Tom

Post by Major_Tom »

Terra-Kotta wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:56 pm I’d smash the atlas out of that
Yeah the road atlas.