Chrome Oil Filler Cap

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
Chris82
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0S in white

Chrome Oil Filler Cap

Post by Chris82 »

Does anyone know where I can get a decent plain chrome oil filler cap from (2.0 pinto)? Thanks
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Re: Chrome Oil Filler Cap

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Have a word with Nick as he's just fitted one to his car.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=54120
There's a better photo of it here:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=53657&p=379369&hil ... er#p379369
:goodluck:

Andrew.
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Post by Mc Tool »

He he he, I can just see the look on his face when he lifts the bonnet and its gone :shock: :| , best not muck round or he will have polished all the chrome offa it before you get there :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sometimes I talk to myself ... and we both have a good laugh
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:10 pm Have a word with Nick as he's just fitted one to his car.
Chris, Yep as Andrew has said I did find a plain low profile one for sale a while back which I fitted coupe of weeks back but can't find another like it at the moment. . I got a Burton one too which is bigger and has a oil can engraved on on and I been toying with which one to use!! Am sure I got another one somewhere too in one of my boxes. I'll try to find it. If I do I'll let you know mate :)
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Mc Tool wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:12 am He he he, I can just see the look on his face when he lifts the bonnet and its gone :shock: :| , best not muck round or he will have polished all the chrome offa it before you get there :lol: :lol: :lol:
Next Hamish you'll be saying I should change my name to Polish-o-holic Nick :wave: :lol: :lol:
Chris82
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0S in white

Post by Chris82 »

Thanks all. If you do have another Nick that would be great. I just have the plastic one which was painted at some point and is all flaking off, so lets the rest of the engine bay down a bit. Think a nice plain chrome one should do the job nicely.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Fordoholic Nick wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:25 pm Yep as Andrew has said I did find a plain low profile one for sale a while back which I fitted coupe of weeks back but can't find another like it at the moment. . I got a Burton one too which is bigger and has a oil can engraved on on and I been toying with which one to use!! Am sure I got another one somewhere too in one of my boxes. I'll try to find it. If I do I'll let you know mate :)
Hi Nick,
Apologies, I didn't mean to put you on the spot or anything! I just thought you could point Chris in the right direction as to where to purchase said item. I couldn't find the info in your post.

Andrew.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:19 pm
Fordoholic Nick wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:25 pm Yep as Andrew has said I did find a plain low profile one for sale a while back which I fitted coupe of weeks back but can't find another like it at the moment. . I got a Burton one too which is bigger and has a oil can engraved on on and I been toying with which one to use!! Am sure I got another one somewhere too in one of my boxes. I'll try to find it. If I do I'll let you know mate :)
Hi Nick,
Apologies, I didn't mean to put you on the spot or anything! I just thought you could point Chris in the right direction as to where to purchase said item. I couldn't find the info in your post.

Andrew.
He might not answer Andrew as he has been up all night looking for a chrome oil cap :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Chris82 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:39 pm Thanks all. If you do have another Nick that would be great. I just have the plastic one which was painted at some point and is all flaking off, so lets the rest of the engine bay down a bit. Think a nice plain chrome one should do the job nicely.
Hi Chris.

Sorry for the delay mate. Yep I've actually somehow ended up with two identical plain chrome filler caps mate, plus the burton one so yep you can have this one if you want. It sits much lower than the original, almost flush, and has vent holes just under the lip. Has the mesh too. And as you can see it's plain chrome which seems to be what you are after. Let me know mate. Here's a few pics of it and a sense of how high it is against a 50p coin...

Imageauto clicker test
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, daily runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto, now also a runaround project
1980 3.0S, crash damage resto
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Currently full up and no more space but I still want a 2.8...

Post by D366Y »

If Chris isn't interested I would be Nick - Chris obviously has first refusal :)
A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:
It's me, I'm the wise man.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Fordoholic Nick wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:05 pm Image
I expect that Jason will have something to say about a certain item in the background.....

Andrew.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

D366Y wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:59 pm If Chris isn't interested I would be Nick - Chris obviously has first refusal :)
OK Danny. No problem mate. If I ain't heard from Chris then I get onto you for sure :)
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Post by Caprifan Rob »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:27 pm I expect that Jason will have something to say about a certain item in the background.....

Andrew.
:lol: Just sneaking in there ..
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:27 pm
Fordoholic Nick wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:05 pm Image
I expect that Jason will have something to say about a certain item in the background.....

Andrew.
:shock: :shock: :shock: Whoops !! That was not meant to be in shot....but on a positive note Jason was dead right... its great stuff !!!!!! :wave: :lol:
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

:lol: :lol: :lol: It does help with the blow up sheep also Rob said add some chilli Sauce it speeds things up :lol: :lol:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer: