Tickover Part........ Lost count now.!!!!!

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Tickover Part........ Lost count now.!!!!!

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

:lol: :wave:

On Tues I'm popping B112 into the safe hands of Gus and Clive to do a couple of little jobs around the engine and while they have it am getting a few new, treats fitted too.

I recently bought a Coolex Alloy Radiator etch primed and painted Black. Was going to fit a polished alloy finish but was a, bit over the top for my OCD :lol: so got another one from them in black which will sit better in mine. They really are great quality.

Also getting a new Sportex Exhaust system fitted to my existing sportex manifold, with the 3" tailpipe but I am not as brave as Danny ( 3 Capris) to get a straight thru so opted for the bomb silencer :lol: :lol:
Big thanks to Tom for taking delivery of this for me so as to avoid some difficult questions from Mrs Fordoholic :shock: :lol: :lol:

And of course I got that custom rocker cover too so was waiting till now to get that fitted as they will have off my rocker cover anyway

So as said a few little treats all of which should look and 'sound' good :)

I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Re: Tickover Part........ Lost count now.!!!!!

Post by Jasonmarie »

Looking good fella , never new you could get alloy radiators in black must agree will look better in black I get the OCD thing :)
So Tickover Part seven , I will warn Dartford tunnel there’s a big exhaust going threw :lol:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Chris82
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0S in white

Post by Chris82 »

Nice bits of kit, that rocker cover looks pretty awesome!
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Chris82 wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:08 pm Nice bits of kit, that rocker cover looks pretty awesome!
Thanks Chris. Guy makes up the rocker covers to order of you want specific wording. They really are stunning quality mate. He supplies alot of classics on the show scene. Shoukd look. Nice when fitted. Thanks again mste.
Stish704
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 2.8 injection special. Weekends only!
Sierra Sapphire- rolling restoration.
Vauxhall Movano- the company vehicle.
Vauxhall Mokka. The wife’s!

Post by Stish704 »

Looking like it’s going to be an interesting few days! Man, your so lucky your Mrs lets you get away with flaunting these new bits! The rest of us have to skulk around and pretend we’ve always had them :xd: :D
Wideboy
Car(s): 1978 3.0 Ghia made to look like an "S"

Post by Wideboy »

She will bark with the noise of the 40's and sportex.
You will become a tunnel run junky
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, daily runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto, now also a runaround project
1980 3.0S, crash damage resto
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Currently full up and no more space but I still want a 2.8...

Post by D366Y »

I've just had a coolex fitted to the GL, they are great bits of kit and never had an issue with the one in the laser either

Shame you haven't gone whole hog with the exhaust mind ;) Mine sounds even better now the whole thing is stainless - still without any silencers :drive:
A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:
It's me, I'm the wise man.
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Post by Caprifan Rob »

Very nice bits of kit for a top notch Capri :applaud:
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Stish704 wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:49 am Looking like it’s going to be an interesting few days! Man, your so lucky your Mrs lets you get away with flaunting these new bits! The rest of us have to skulk around and pretend we’ve always had them :xd: :D
Steve I has the radiator sent to my parents house in yorks, collected that recently and I had the exhaust sent to Tom's and collected this last week, and Mrs F knows its going in to Tickover for a couple of days but not quite told her the whole story :shock: :wave: :lol: :lol:
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Wideboy wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:25 am She will bark with the noise of the 40's and sportex.
You will become a tunnel run junky
:lol: Jeff I won't have long to wait fella as I'll be in the Dartford Tunnel in 5mins from picking B112 up from Tickover. I'll prob be cursing that boy Racer with the loud exhaust I can hear :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mind you Chris Doyle has had a 3* and said the bomb silencer gives it a nice deep tone rather than all out noise.!!! :lol:
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

D366Y wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:28 am I've just had a coolex fitted to the GL, they are great bits of kit and never had an issue with the one in the laser either

Shame you haven't gone whole hog with the exhaust mind ;) Mine sounds even better now the whole thing is stainless - still without any silencers :drive:
What can I say Danny. I bottled it with the exhaust :lol:
Mate I wanted to still be able to gear the 45s so the bomb rear should gibe me this pleasure :lol:

Yep Coolex really look great quality. Great to hear you've had no issues yourself Danny. Nice one mate :)
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Caprifan Rob wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:29 am Very nice bits of kit for a top notch Capri :applaud:
Cheers Rob.!!! Can't wait to see how it all sounds and performs. Thanks fella :)
Stish704
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 2.8 injection special. Weekends only!
Sierra Sapphire- rolling restoration.
Vauxhall Movano- the company vehicle.
Vauxhall Mokka. The wife’s!

Post by Stish704 »

Fordoholic Nick wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:00 pm
Stish704 wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:49 am Looking like it’s going to be an interesting few days! Man, your so lucky your Mrs lets you get away with flaunting these new bits! The rest of us have to skulk around and pretend we’ve always had them :xd: :D
Steve I has the radiator sent to my parents house in yorks, collected that recently and I had the exhaust sent to Tom's and collected this last week, and Mrs F knows its going in to Tickover for a couple of days but not quite told her the whole story :shock: :wave: :lol: :lol:
Oh, you scoundrel!
I know I could'nt get away with that!
Good luck to you.
Once it's done, fancy a ride down to Whitstable with a couple of others and we'll have a meet up? I'm having a week down there next week but will be down there weekends in the capri as Nikki and Tommy will be down there for the 6 weeks school holidays.
Looking in Jason and Tom's direction here.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Stish704 wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:25 pm
Oh, you scoundrel!
Good luck to you.
Once it's done, fancy a ride down to Whitstable with a couple of others and we'll have a meet up? I'm having a week down there next week but will be down there weekends in the capri as Nikki and Tommy will be down there for the 6 weeks school holidays.
:lol: I'm living on the edge Steve.!!!

Yep a run down to Whitstable sounds cool fella. We will have to deffo sort a weekend then.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

Stish704 wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:25 pm
Oh, you scoundrel!
Good luck to you.

Yes , let’s do it :beer: ..............."... :cool:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer: