Cologne camshaft comparison side by side - anyone know?

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
PaulCalf
Car(s): Capri 1984 2.8i

Re: Cologne camshaft comparison side by side - anyone know?

Post by PaulCalf »

Didn’t get any numbers no - but they look lovely - very smooth work. Will report back when I’ve got the engine back in her and can open her up after running in
Stroker
Car(s): Ford Sierra 4x4 Estate

Post by Stroker »

If you're running the K-Jet inlet manifold make sure you port/flow it to get the most from your heads. The K-Jet manifold is a major restriction in air flow and good gains can be had by porting it. ;)
PaulCalf

Post by PaulCalf »

ah really?! didn't even occur to me and no one has mentioned it yet - Thanks ! - hitting the research now.
PaulCalf

Post by PaulCalf »

i thought i'd visit back on this -- sorry been ages to report back - but the lockdown has kept my mind occupied a bit. Good news I got through the running in period super quick as i was driving back and forth between london and somerset quite a bit and since then have put about 1000 miles on it

basically all the work done has been epic in terms of noticeable performance - 2nd, 3rd and 4th now take me up to a much higher speed - easily making 120ish at top speed (judged on my phone satnav - and obviously all on that 'private road' we all go on to test such things ahem). Revs much freer and harder up to the limiter and the engine has got even louder but still on sane side of madness just about - i never mind the sound - could listen to her all day screaming in my ears.

Very much recommend the cam from Ric wood - he also supplied the new alloy timing and ported the heads.
Apart from anything I'm sure just getting rid of the massive amounts of oil mud from the engine made a difference
plus while i was getting the block cleaned managed to bore it out a tad as i said before.

And anyone looking for a decent mechanic in Somerset - I can recommend NE Motors in Shepton Mallet; good thorough work (they picked up a small but major issue with my steering rack on the MOT that not one previous tester had ever seen) - and there is another bloke with a Cappa nearby that they work on so always good to hear that another fellow owner trusts them with it.
Stroker
Car(s): Ford Sierra 4x4 Estate

Post by Stroker »

Excellent news!! Glad it's all worked out for you. Enjoy! :applaud:
Vermilion
Car(s): Ford Capri MK1 Facelift 3000GT - Now 2.8 Turbo EFI

Post by Vermilion »

It isn't all about camshaft. I have 2.8V6 and using V6T21 camshaft. I have 10.9mm lift because I have rockers that have ratio on 1.6 instead of 1.47 (something like that cologne rockers could also be like 1.3x ratio) that are stock.

I got about 176bhb (rear wheeels) NA with my engine withouth exhaust pipes.
Engine is not made for NA use because NA-engine don't have torque at all.