Dukes Of Hazzard Car Spotted

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Re: Dukes Of Hazzard Car Spotted

Post by andyd »

stevemarl wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:13 pm You can`t erase history just because you don`t like it, even if it WAS wrong. People love a `cause`.
:agree: :doh:
Andrew 2.8i wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:45 pm Forces TV was repeating Dukes episodes, complete with the General and confederate flag, weekdays at 6 PM.
They might still be showing them, I haven't checked.

Andrew.

Edit: I've just checked and Forces TV is currently showing Buck Rogers in that time slot.
Don't have that channel on Freeview, and I didn't watch Buck when it was on years ago!!
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

andyd wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:21 pm Don't have that channel on Freeview, and I didn't watch Buck when it was on years ago!!
Apparently it's on Freeview channel 96. I have no idea if that is correct or not.
Buck Rogers doesn't interest me at all.

Andrew.
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Post by Caprifan Rob »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:45 pm Forces TV was repeating Dukes episodes, complete with the General and confederate flag, weekdays at 6 PM.
Andrew.
I did watch the odd one, Starsky and Hutch was also repeated. Thought they were great back then but time hasn't been kind to either show unfortunately.

Daisy Duke doesn't seem to have aged a bit though :D
Major_Tom
Car(s): 2.0S

Post by Major_Tom »

stevemarl wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:13 pm You can`t erase history just because you don`t like it, even if it WAS wrong. People love a `cause`.
Nonsense! Ignore the past and censor history, thats the key to becoming an enlightened and progressive society. Everyone who has died and been sacrificed to get us to this point can rest easy, knowing it will never happen again through the tried and tested method of refusing to accept the actions of the ones that came before.

What better way to respect the memories of those past times than ensuring we repeat the tragedy on a constant 100-year cycle for generations. That's the path to progress, repetition!
I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.
Major_Tom
Car(s): 2.0S

Post by Major_Tom »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:25 pm Buck Rogers doesn't interest me at all.

Andrew.
Blakes 7 is where its at 😎
I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

They were on later too, around 10.00pm, showing every episode from the beginning. They took it off a little while ago, possibly when the black lives matter thing got underway.

I've been watching Dukes a lot lately as I have the box set, a proper box set that is, with a box. Love it, fantastic show, it had everything.
pbar

Post by pbar »

Peter-S wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:02 pm
I was reading earlier about Amazon looking in to not streaming Dukes and a museum in the U.S. defending its stance on continuing to display the last original car from the first series.
Yes, it's been banned on American TV for some time now, much to the distress of the shows stars who just can't get it back on. Unfortunately golfer Bubba Watson bought a series car and painted over the original flag on the roof, to much controversy.

It's been ongoing for a while this. Shame.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:25 pm
andyd wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:21 pm Don't have that channel on Freeview, and I didn't watch Buck when it was on years ago!!
Apparently it's on Freeview channel 96. I have no idea if that is correct or not.

Andrew.
I retuned our TV at the weekend but no Ch 96!

But we have got Bless This House on another channel :D
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

pbar wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:43 pm showing every episode from the beginning
That's the best way, otherwise the middle and ending of each episode won't make sense. :D

Andrew.
pbar

Post by pbar »

Well, I've found some info.

I have been speaking to a nice chap in Chorley (Lancashire) who has a Dukes car and rents it out for weddings and the like (https://www.facebook.com/generalleenorthwest/) and shows it too, events, exhibitions, a real Dukes enthusiast. It wasn't his car I saw, but he knows who it was.

The car I saw - new owner has only had it a few months, was previously owned by someone else in Chorley (not sure why Chorley has become the General Lee capital of the world), but anyway this is an ad from that car, and also the car I saw -

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1088386
andyd

Post by andyd »

pbar wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:50 pm Well, I've found some info.

I have been speaking to a nice chap in Chorley (Lancashire) who has a Dukes car and rents it out for weddings and the like (https://www.facebook.com/generalleenorthwest/) and shows it too, events, exhibitions, a real Dukes enthusiast. It wasn't his car I saw, but he knows who it was.

The car I saw - new owner has only had it a few months, was previously owned by someone else in Chorley (not sure why Chorley has become the General Lee capital of the world), but anyway this is an ad from that car, and also the car I saw -

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1088386
That's a big chunk of change, but a beast of a car! 7 litre (425 bhp/490 ft lb of torque) and over 17 feet long!!

Gallons per mile job :D
pbar

Post by pbar »

andyd wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:31 pm
That's a big chunk of change, but a beast of a car!
I think the price stated is in Euros Andy, but yes, even so, it is a lot, but the more I think about it the more I can see that being a reasonable value for a car like that. I mean, how on earth could you find another one?! When you look at the extortionate prices of some modern cars then a '69 Dukes Dodge Charger seems good value at that.
andyd

Post by andyd »

pbar wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:03 pm
andyd wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:31 pm
That's a big chunk of change, but a beast of a car!
I think the price stated is in Euros Andy, but yes, even so, it is a lot, but the more I think about it the more I can see that being a reasonable value for a car like that. I mean, how on earth could you find another one?! When you look at the extortionate prices of some modern cars then a '69 Dukes Dodge Charger seems good value at that.
It's definately a £ sign Paul.

Even so, I would buy this all day long over a modern car for similar money, and people seem to pay alot for nostalgia!
pbar

Post by pbar »

andyd wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:42 pm
It's definately a £ sign Paul.

Even so, I would buy this all day long over a modern car for similar money, and people seem to pay alot for nostalgia!
It was just that the Pound sign looked a little different, and on some of the others cars offered on there it states Euros on some of them, not just from abroad either I don't think, but I just don't know, I think you are probably right.

I totally agee with you Andy - I'd choose this car too :)
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, daily runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto, now also a runaround project
1980 3.0S, crash damage resto
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Currently full up and no more space but I still want a 2.8...

Post by D366Y »

I'd definitely have one, even though the drive like a pig :lol:
Drove one last year on a track day - even though there is loads of power they certainly don't go very fast because it weighs the same as a small moon, but plenty of torque and I didn't stop smiling the whole time!
A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:
It's me, I'm the wise man.
pbar

Post by pbar »

D366Y wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:20 am I didn't stop smiling the whole time!
That's just it Danny, how could you not?! Complete and utter fun and enjoyment, and the older I get the more I realise that those things are the actual answer to that monumental unknown question of what is life all about.
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, daily runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto, now also a runaround project
1980 3.0S, crash damage resto
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Currently full up and no more space but I still want a 2.8...

Post by D366Y »

pbar wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:45 pm
D366Y wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:20 am I didn't stop smiling the whole time!
That's just it Danny, how could you not?! Complete and utter fun and enjoyment, and the older I get the more I realise that those things are the actual answer to that monumental unknown question of what is life all about.
Wise words Paul - most of life is stressful enough as it is so I've just started making the most of life while I can and just trying to enjoy myself!
A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:
It's me, I'm the wise man.
pbar

Post by pbar »

D366Y wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:31 pm
Wise words Paul - most of life is stressful enough as it is so I've just started making the most of life while I can and just trying to enjoy myself!
Spot on Danny, good for you :) I think a lot of people will be reassessing their lot with what has happened recently. Unfortunately I think that most will fall back into their 100mph absorbent lives. But some will take a look and wonder what the hell have I been doing.
pbar

Post by pbar »

I was amazed to see this car again today on my local roads, twice. I was able to give him the thumbs up and he replied with the Dixie horn. Made my day that.
andyd

Post by andyd »

pbar wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:25 pm I was amazed to see this car again today on my local roads, twice. I was able to give him the thumbs up and he replied with the Dixie horn. Made my day that.
:cool: