How cool is this...

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

How cool is this...

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Bug
Car(s): Some

Re: How cool is this...

Post by Bug »

Is that for real?
How do I get one?
If it's genuine then I think ex-forces should get it for less :xd:
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Bug wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:31 am Is that for real?
How do I get one?
If it's genuine then I think ex-forces should get it for less :xd:
Here you go mate. For real. Stunning ain't it :)

https://www.westminstercollection.com/p ... -Coin.aspx
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Bug wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:31 am I think ex-forces should get it for less :xd:
:agree: But reckon it's unlikely mate as it's all about the subscriptions if you do want it cheaper. I still think it's great at £40 being a Spitfire coin. It's just stunning :)
Bug
Car(s): Some

Post by Bug »

Fordoholic Nick wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:09 pm
Bug wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:31 am I think ex-forces should get it for less :xd:
:agree: But reckon it's unlikely mate as it's all about the subscriptions if you do want it cheaper. I still think it's great at £40 being a Spitfire coin. It's just stunning :)
Trouble is, you buy one, the next one appears and you have to have that.....................

Think I'll stick to collecting the autobiographies of the WW2 aircrew. Some amazing stories in them. Makes you very humble.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

Bug wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:52 pm
Fordoholic Nick wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:09 pm
Trouble is, you buy one, the next one appears and you have to have that.....................

Think I'll stick to collecting the autobiographies of the WW2 aircrew. Some amazing stories in them. Makes you very humble.
My dad is like that on his collection of empty gin bottles buys one and gets another one :lol:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Bug wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:52 pm

I always like to watch TV programmes on this sort of thing, sometimes brings a tear to the eye.
We owe them a great thankyou, and would be living in a much different country if it wasn't for them.

That was real pressure not like the anxiety that many under 20 year olds claim to have today :roll:
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Post by Paul G »

My dad, if he were still alive, would have been 90 today. He was 17 when he was conscripted into the RAF and sent 300 miles away from all he knew to Sennen in Cornwall to be a trainee Radar operator. This was just two years after WW2 ended thankfully.

Am I alone in thinking that National Service should be re-introduced for todays snowflake generation? I refer to all that has been going on the last few days in relation to an incident that happened in a foreign country and seeing this country being vandalised by so called protesters who have no repect for and don't give a f**k about law and order, the history (good or bad) of this country, or frankly anyone or anything else.

Two years of proper national service with a sargeant major barking and snarling at them would in the end knock a modicum of respect into the young. Yes it would cost quite a bit to do but I think the end result would be worth it .
Caprigear
Donator
Donator

Post by Caprigear »

Absolutely bring back national service. For a large majority it would be the first discipline of any kind that they'd ever experienced due to piss weak parenting.
Something radical needs to happen and soon because as things stand this country along with others is disappearing down the crapper at an alarming rate, just look at the mob rule of recent days, They haven't a clue why they're protesting but any excuse to trash property, monuments etc and beat up a few coppers. Dispicable rabble, most likely the same lot that protested at Brexit, extinction rebellion, Dominic Cummings and any other "cause " that they leech onto.
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

Post by Peter-S »

Fordoholic Nick wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:08 am Image
Does look rather good doesn't it :)
ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Paul G and Martin.
I have thought for a long time National Service would be a great idea. Prisons are full, so those that commit the less serious crimes do that for 2 years.

Bloody disgrace some of these protesters, you can't change history just learn from it. If it wasn't for Churchill we would all be speaking German.
Next month something else will be on their hit list, social distancing or not.

Some old T/V programmes being taken off air because they may offend :doh: About time the powers that be pushed back against these demands, or soon anything pre 2000 won't exist

This really all started with George Floyd, a criminal who was busted in the past for drugs and armed robbery, regardless of his race he was basically a piece of :turd: He shouldn't have been killed in that way, but if he had taken meth as reported and was about to drive maybe killing someone else, then maybe that's the best outcome!?

As the old saying, you live by the sword you die by the sword.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

The coin looks great!
Is this one of those that they advertise on the telly? You know, the ones where they have some retired Air Commodore tell you to hurry up and buy now because stocks are limited...…..to the amount that they can sell. :)

Andrew.
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Post by Paul G »

andyd wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:46 am Paul G and Martin.

Bloody disgrace some of these protesters, you can't change history just learn from it. If it wasn't for Churchill we would all be speaking German.

If it wasn't for Churchill there wouldn't be any black people or indeed non-aryans in this country.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

We live in a world where technology has gone forward but humans have gone backwards . Black , Brown , pink , yellow , fat or thin that’s just like a colour on a car but the car is the same ( except ones with pinto engines :lol: )
But to see people doing harm to police officers and destroying city’s is wrong and it’s upsetting . I agree bring back the 2 year service for woman and men .
And on a another note yes I think your right Andrew it’s collect this coin for 99p then £35 each other coin trick 👍👍
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer: